Anyone Knowledgeable on Melanotan and Melanin? It’s Biochemistry and Health Effects

PenileFacialSurgery

PenileFacialSurgery

Kraken
My question is, Melanotan increases your bodies natural production of melanin in your skin and body, and has somewhat of a permanent effect right as in you will always tan easier and stay darker right?
And what type of melanin is it? I’m sure it varies from person to person.

Also does it increase melanin inside your body?

Does anyone know any of the pros and cons of higher and lower amounts and Melanin besides the obvious Looks? NOT RELATED TO LOOKS.
Like anti aging/cancer effects, etc.

95C13710 CE84 406B 839D 5549E5C29CC1
260E516A 06C8 41DE B7BD 823A0012EC24
BC3B473C 30F7 4ACB 91D4 E8AA7CEAB607
EDA0C529 94F8 4517 9C77 B15246D9D9BF
EF5E58BD 939B 4A5E 8A92 F809C842075A

Last edited:
I think there was a research that shows people are more attracted to people with beta carotene glow than tan, which is an increase of melanin

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel and goat2x
Bro basically,you need to be in front of the sun when you are taking MT.
Else you will get tons of moles which is bad.
But sun is aging you...
So you need to make a choice between having a temporary tan(tan is not limitless...even more with MT2) and aging as a shit,or being white and having good skin for a long time.
All is about risks and gains.
As steroids and all things in your life.
Without risk there is no gain

• +1
Reactions: sergiu and goat2x
I think there was a research that shows people are more attracted to people with beta carotene glow than tan, which is an increase of melanin
Yeah that’s an outside pigment and source, and I have the biggest thread on. Not melanin.

Im talking melanin within the body, not really asking Looks related entirely, more like its health effects, biochemistry, etc
Bro basically,you need to be in front of the sun when you are taking MT.
Else you will get tons of moles which is bad.
But sun is aging you...
So you need to make a choice between having a temporary tan(tan is not limitless...even more with MT2) and aging as a shit,or being white and having good skin for a long time.
All is about risks and gains.
As steroids and all things in your life.
Without risk there is no gain
Okay but that’s not the question u already know that, you need to sun to spread the melanin or else it clumps up in moles.

I’m not asking looks related, I mean more the biochemistry type shit and it’s pros and cons like anti-aging longevity, etc

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
Like anti aging

Melanin is just an end-product molecule with an intended function - to pigment your skin. As such, it doesn't have any effects outside of that that I know of. Consecutively, the only connection between melanoma and melanin is that they both originate from melanocytes.

Now, melanotan is a different topic because it acts on melanocortin receptors which are widely expressed on the brain, for example.

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery
Melanin is just an end-product molecule with an intended function - to pigment your skin. As such, it doesn't have any effects outside of that that I know of. Consecutively, the only connection between melanoma and melanin is that they both originate from melanocytes.

Now, melanotan is a different topic because it acts on melanocortin receptors which are widely expressed on the brain, for example.
Now how does that work?

Yo I want to use this but freckle when I'm in the sun. Will this just make me freckle?