sportsmogger

Kraken
Give me some song recs

@Gengar @TechnoBoss

• +1
Reactions: deadstock, Gengar and TechnoBoss
Give me some song recs

@Gengar @TechnoBoss
Hmm I don't think I've ever listened to them before their name doesn't sound familiar. Normally when I try to get into a band I just start from their oldest albums and work my way to the newest. You can usually tell within the first album if they have a sound you like. Problem is though sometimes a band releases an album that sounds totally different to the rest of their stuff and you might only like that one album. I'll give them a listen in a bit. Have you listened to any of their albums/songs already?

@Gengar maybe you're familiar with them?

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and Gengar
I listened to them the most in 2012, with 54 overall listens (one song off an album = one listen). The album was called Shed. And the most-listened to song (9x) was called Crescent-Shaped Depression. Try that one?

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: GigaStacySexual, TechnoBoss and sportsmogger
Hmm I don't think I've ever listened to them before their name doesn't sound familiar. Normally when I try to get into a band I just start from their oldest albums and work my way to the newest. You can usually tell within the first album if they have a sound you like. Problem is though sometimes a band releases an album that sounds totally different to the rest of their stuff and you might only like that one album. I'll give them a listen in a bit. Have you listened to any of their albums/songs already?

Yes, I'm familiar with them. See this:
I listened to them the most in 2012, with 54 overall listens (one song off an album = one listen). The album was called Shed. And the most-listened to song (9x) was called Crescent-Shaped Depression. Try that one?
I only know about this stuff because last.fm keeps track of what I listen to, otherwise I wouldn't have known at all.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and sportsmogger

This one goes pretty good but its popular on tiktok and shit

• +1
Reactions: chudlite, deadstock and TechnoBoss

I only know about this stuff because last.fm keeps track of what I listen to, otherwise I wouldn't have known at all.
Damn youve had last fm since 2012? Whats ur account name? Ive only had it since feb 2023

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ElTruecel, Gengar and TechnoBoss

You're like an encyclopedia for metal/rock knowledge. Mirin hard. Holy shit I think I've found a new top 10. This band really reminds me of another alternative rock band called Manchester Orchestra. MO is one of my favorite bands of all time.

Wow, this song is oddly soothing. The intro is extremely nice. I was expecting something completely different.

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Gengar and sportsmogger
Damn youve had last fm since 2012? Whats ur account name? Ive only had it since feb 2023
I have actually had one since 2007 but they banned me because I was calling people faggots everywhere. Then I rejoined in 2010. I asked one of the staff members if they could view my scrobbles and they said I only had one, an Eminem song. I’ll PM you my username. @ElTruecel also uses last.fm.

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel and sportsmogger
You're like an encyclopedia for metal/rock knowledge. Mirin hard. Holy shit I think I've found a new top 10. This band really reminds me of another alternative rock band called Manchester Orchestra. MO is one of my favorite bands of all time.

Wow, this song is oddly soothing. The intro is extremely nice. I was expecting something completely different.
Its soothing but makes me sad/nostalgic for some reason

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Its soothing but makes me sad/nostalgic for some reason
The nostalgic feeling I can see. Doesn't seem all that sad to me, though. I'm loving their sound holy shit.

• Love it
Reactions: sportsmogger
The nostalgic feeling I can see. Doesn't seem all that sad to me, though. I'm loving their sound holy shit.
cant believe u havent heard of them lol

theyre very good tho

• Love it
Hahah nah that’s too much credit, but I appreciate it though. By the way, down to watch a horror movie later today? :ogre: Or are you going to sleep? Anyway, I think I have heard of Manchester Orchestra, it vaguely rings a bell. I’ll check last.fm if I ever listened to them. Any recommendations?

• Love it
  • JFL
U have one too @Ricky212 is on it as fashiondemon

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and Gengar

Pretty sure that’s from the Shed album I recommended, I should give it a re-listen. It’s popular on TikTok?

• +1
Pretty sure that’s from the Shed album I recommended, I should give it a re-listen. It’s popular on TikTok?
Yeah ive heard it before being used in like corecore edits and whatnot, if you know what that is

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
devourment - babykiller

• +1
Yeah ive heard it before being used in like corecore edits and whatnot, if you know what that is
I know what core is and I know they usually call a genre or trend core over there so it’s basically core trend.

• +1
Hahah nah that’s too much credit, but I appreciate it though. By the way, down to watch a horror movie later today? :ogre: Or are you going to sleep? Anyway, I think I have heard of Manchester Orchestra, it vaguely rings a bell. I’ll check last.fm if I ever listened to them. Any recommendations?
Manchester Orchestra has a bunch of different sounding songs. Check out Wolves at Night, The River, there's also a song with a guy called Bad Brooks titled Friendly Advice. Their songs are kinda sad sounding and it's alternative rock not really metal or anything. If those don't do it for you, there are a few others I might be able to recommend. They have a lot of albums and such.

• +1
Manchester Orchestra has a bunch of different sounding songs. Check out Wolves at Night, The River, there's also a song with a guy called Bad Brooks titled Friendly Advice. Their songs are kinda sad sounding and it's alternative rock not really metal or anything. If those don't do it for you, there are a few others I might be able to recommend. They have a lot of albums and such.
I’ll check them out bhai, thanks for the recommendations. And mirin I love sad sounding stuff. :feelswah::feelswah::ogre:

• So Sad
Just checked last.fm and turns out I only listened to them 1x. In 2014. :ogre:

• JFL
I’ll check them out bhai, thanks for the recommendations. And mirin I love sad sounding stuff. :feelswah::feelswah::ogre:
:feelswah: N-.. no problem bhai! :feelswah: - :ogre:

Just checked last.fm and turns out I only listened to them 1x. In 2014. :ogre:
Ogre :ogre: - but yeah they're good. I've known about them since 2014. I feel like I'm stuck in 2014 when it comes to music except techno. I stay up to date with techno music for the most part but everything else I stick to bands I was listening to forever ago.

• JFL
I have actually had one since 2007 but they banned me because I was calling people faggots everywhere. Then I rejoined in 2010. I asked one of the staff members if they could view my scrobbles and they said I only had one, an Eminem song. I’ll PM you my username. @ElTruecel also uses last.fm.
@chudlite @exeter @distance decay @bishounen0bladee also have it and I think @Jason Voorhees recently got it

• +1
Reactions: bishounen0bladee, distance decay, sportsmogger and 1 other person
:feelswah: N-.. no problem bhai! :feelswah: - :ogre:

Ogre :ogre: - but yeah they're good. I've known about them since 2014. I feel like I'm stuck in 2014 when it comes to music except techno. I stay up to date with techno music for the most part but everything else I stick to bands I was listening to forever ago.
Another bhai moment, listened to the same band in the same year. :Comfy::Comfy:

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and TechnoBoss
@chudlite @exeter @distance decay @bishounen0bladee also have it and I think @Jason Voorhees recently got it
What are their usernames and what’s yours?

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger, ElTruecel and TechnoBoss
@chudlite’s
Alright bhai.

JFL at the username.
my username is not funny 🤬🤬

@Gengar @ElTruecel what bands do you listen to mostly

• +1
Reactions: Rzn, Gengar, ElTruecel and 1 other person
  • +1
my username is not funny 🤬🤬

@Gengar @ElTruecel what bands do you listen to mostly
Recently just metalcore bands:

Misery Signals
Northlane
Norma Jean
Parkway Drive

Overall (metalcore, post-hardcore and pop punk):

Misery Signals
Valiant Hearts
Boys Like Girls
Issues
Slaves
Galleons
Busted
McFly
Broadside
The Amity Affliction
The Color Morale
Hands Like Houses
Fightstar
The Used

Pink Floyd, the smiths, Gorillaz, Radiohead, weezer, nirvana
the smiths are amazing ive been listening to them since 2020, honestly since taking the blackpill ive found their lyrics way more relatable and ive been listening to them more then ever now, listen to “i know its over” ropefuel song makes me want to cry

i love radiohead but i havent listened to them in a while, started same time as the smiths, i love the in rainbows album especially “weird fishes/argeppi

pink floyd weezer and nirvana i was never able to get into, i like 3 gorillaz songs that were shown to me by a friend

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Rzn and ElTruecel
the smiths are amazing ive been listening to them since 2020, honestly since taking the blackpill ive found their lyrics way more relatable and ive been listening to them more then ever now, listen to “i know its over” ropefuel song makes me want to cry

i love radiohead but i havent listened to them in a while, started same time as the smiths, i love the in rainbows album especially “weird fishes/argeppi

pink floyd weezer and nirvana i was never able to get into, i like 3 gorillaz songs that were shown to me by a friend
I could never get into the smiths tbh

My favorite bands are A7X, Slipknot, Blink-182, Millencolin, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Sum 41, Green Day, SOAD, Korn, Rage Against The Machine, Children of Bodom

Just casual shit, im trynna get into more niche shit

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel and Gengar
I could never get into the smiths tbh

My favorite bands are A7X, Slipknot, Blink-182, Millencolin, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Sum 41, Green Day, SOAD, Korn, Rage Against The Machine, Children of Bodom

Just casual shit, im trynna get into more niche shit
Blink-182 was one of my favorite bands in high school. I remember being on school grounds outside my friends and I would play some of their cds on a radio/cd player.

• +1
Blink-182 was one of my favorite bands in high school. I remember being on school grounds outside my friends and I would play some of their cds on a radio/cd player.
Whats your favorite Album? Tbh mines always been Dude Ranch but TOYPAJ has been growing on me, the self titled album is good too

Chesire Cat also has some hits

• +1
Check out this old song, I kinda like it

@TechnoBoss @Gengar

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: edodalic29 and Gengar
Whats your favorite Album? Tbh mines always been Dude Ranch but TOYPAJ has been growing on me, the self titled album is good too

Chesire Cat also has some hits
Enema of the State. It was the first cd I bought. I really liked Dude Ranch too. That is the cd we listened to on school grounds.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: edodalic29 and sportsmogger
  • +1
Reactions: edodalic29 and sportsmogger
Enema of the State. It was the first cd I bought. I really liked Dude Ranch too. That is the cd we listened to on school grounds.
Shit forgot abt that, yeah the one with the nurse on it

They had some hits on there too, especially Mutt and Dysentary gary

• +1
Reactions: Gengar and edodalic29
Shit forgot abt that, yeah the one with the nurse on it

They had some hits on there too, especially Mutt and Dysentary gary
Yeah. That one. Janine Lindemuller or something. Bitch has fake tits. :ogre:

She also appears in the "What's My Age Again?" music video.

• +1
i got sent to the principals office when i popped a bbc girls ballon on her birthday in the 10th grade and they were playing this song on the radio :soy:

• JFL
i got sent to the principals office when i popped a bbc girls ballon on her birthday in the 10th grade and they were playing this song on the radio :soy:
Wtf

How do u remember that, also what song was it