anyone notice the world is getting weirder and weirder

oatmeal

oatmeal

not who you think you are
This forum (and psl as a whole over the past near decade for me) is unironically the most "normal" thing in my life, and yet idk man even in this place there are so many people who have left, or moved on, or possibly fucking died and shit.

It kind of freaks me out. Maybe I've just solidified more into a kind of agoraphobic weirdo but nowadays I basically just jump around online (and in real life) into various normnigger and schizo spaces alike every few months, like orbital levels of electrons, that kinda shit.

I've noticed the world is far more unconnected and rhizomatic than I previously thought, and drives me insane to try to connect the dots between these disparate perspectives for me, and worldviews.

Its kinda funny how the posturing on this site would give you a different impression than you really should have of people on this site, but its at least something that is kind of connected to reality. Meanwhile on discord you have people turning into theorycel trannies or people trying to combine 20 different cosmologies to try to indent into real life, or weird scammers, or etc etc.

I'm only 20 years old too, fucking hell man is it gonna get worse as I grow older? I guess the world just keeps on turning.

@SubhumanCurrycel @Gargantuan

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel, Slayer, deadstock and 5 others
Maybe I am just an old piece of shit, or in the process of becoming one. its finished tbhngl.
Tenor

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and <6PSLcel
That's why I will live in the forest when I grow up:bigbrain:

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
At least 50% of the internet is bots

• +1
Reactions: deadstock and Jamaldickjavontus
I guess Plato was right when he said ''The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.''

I always tried to connect all of the dots at all times, but it never left me fully satisfied in the end because it simply wasn't feasible.
I do feel like once you're aware of certain things, there's no turning back. You can't unsee or unknow what you've learned.
Over time, you might retreat from these discussions in everyday social settings, understanding that most people won't understand or accept your perspective.
I'm fine with this reality nowadays and accept it for what it is. I was lucky enough to make a new friend this year who is also more of a divergent thinker like myself.
At least with him, my schizo interactions aren't limited to online talk anymore.

• +1
Reactions: zurzolo, Slayer and Darkeningstar
Yes, everything has lost its color, become disconnected, not "grounded" in a way to a meaningful safe and comfortable reality. Oversocialization is probably the best explanation but its hard to even describe the problem in the first place.

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal