Anyone using AHA/BHAs? Are they worth it?

Vanity00

Vanity00

Iron
Supposedly good for skin texture, acne and anti-aging. Anyone here using them? Seems like cope, but many redditors claim it works wonders and is one of the only few products that you should buy alongside sunscreen and Retin-A.

Yes. Works. No cope.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275 and LookistWorld
Using BHA and my skin is more smooth.

You can get AHA/BHA products for less than 3 dollars. There's literally no 'is it worth it' when it's basically free and takes 0 time to use. (I use mine under the shower).

• +1
Reactions: Griffith and Vanity00
Using BHA and my skin is more smooth.

You can get AHA/BHA products for less than 3 dollars. There's literally no 'is it worth it' when it's basically free and takes 0 time to use. (I use mine under the shower).
What brand do you use?

Exfoliants are one of the things that you'll see the biggest difference in your skin in the shortest time span.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and Vanity00
What brand do you use?
tv0lzEC.jpg

it's an 'own brand' of a personal hygiene retail chain called Etos here in the netherlands. Similar retail chains in your own city probably offer similar products.

Look for mentioning of salicylic acid on the packaging and/or ask the ppl that work at the store.

• +1
Reactions: Vanity00
tv0lzEC.jpg

it's an 'own brand' of a personal hygiene retail chain called Etos here in the netherlands. Similar retail chains in your own city probably offer similar products.

Look for mentioning of salicylic acid on the packaging and/or ask the ppl that work at the store.
Bare in mind that a leave on product is going to have more of an effect than a wash off product but a salicylic cleanser might be easier to fit into your routine so its up to you what is going to fit better into your routine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275 and Vanity00
Exfoliants are one of the things that you'll see the biggest difference in your skin in the shortest time span.
I use BHA from Paula's Choice. I have no idea why I use BHA and not AHA, is it better to use both (for example one day BHA other day AHA) or does it not really matter, or does it depend on the skin?

I use BHA from Paula's Choice. I have no idea why I use BHA and not AHA, is it better to use both (for example one day BHA other day AHA) or does it not really matter, or does it depend on the skin?
So the easiest way to explain it is that BHA will exfoliate inside the pore so tend to be particularly good for oily or acneic skins whereas an AHA will exfoliate the surface of the skin so tend to be better for people who have less issues with breakouts or blackheads. As someone with dry skin, I tend to use an AHA daily with a BHA when I feel like my skin is looking a bit congested or I can feel breakouts under the surface.

• +1
Reactions: eloheepnitsif
So the easiest way to explain it is that BHA will exfoliate inside the pore so tend to be particularly good for oily or acneic skins whereas an AHA will exfoliate the surface of the skin so tend to be better for people who have less issues with breakouts or blackheads. As someone with dry skin, I tend to use an AHA daily with a BHA when I feel like my skin is looking a bit congested or I can feel breakouts under the surface.
Thanks, I have a lot of blackheads (even with the BHA) so I will keep using the BHA. (I go to a clinic to remove the blackheads because I'm afraid that I otherwise fuck up my skin.)

The Ordinary has AHA 30pct plus BHA 2pct peeling solution as a mask (to rinse off after 10 minutes, for using once or twice a week). Would this be a good idea to have less blackheads?

The Ordinary has AHA 30pct plus BHA 2pct peeling solution as a mask (to rinse off after 10 minutes, for using once or twice a week). Would this be a good idea to have less blackheads?
Which Paula's Choice product are you using? The main BHA products have 2% salicylic which is the same amount as TO so its likely to not make a ton of difference in terms of blackheads, but if you want to give it a go then go for it. I would say though that if you do use it, you might want to lower the frequency with which you use the Paula's Choice just because your skin is going to be slightly more sensitive.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and eloheepnitsif
Which Paula's Choice product are you using? The main BHA products have 2% salicylic which is the same amount as TO so its likely to not make a ton of difference in terms of blackheads, but if you want to give it a go then go for it. I would say though that if you do use it, you might want to lower the frequency with which you use the Paula's Choice just because your skin is going to be slightly more sensitive.
I use Resist Anti-Aging 2% BHA exfoliant (link). Thanks for the advice. My skin looks good for my age (I'm old) but I use tretinoin and vitamin c and bha and niacinamide daily. Lowering the frequency while trying out new products seems like a good plan.

Red stridex box of pads > all

Best BHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back