anyone who is looking to do CS shouldn't major in CS in college

Adamsmith12345

Adamsmith12345

FACE HEIGHT STATUS NT FRAME
They don't really teach you shit, you can self learn almost all of the programming required to get an entry level position at a tech company. Instead, major in an engineering field such as computer/electrical/mechanical engineering while learning CS in your free time to diversify your skill set.

Even if you aren't able to self-learn enough programming to get a tech job, you'll definitely be able to create a side hustle using the computer science knowledge you gain in your free time.

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry
So true. In 4 years of college I didn't even learn what I learned in a year of teaching myself. If you can't teach yourself programming, then it's not the right career path. Every job requires you to learn skills that you don't learn in college, so if you don't have the discipline and ability to teach yourself then you will struggle a lot.

Don't major in engineering though, major in liberal arts or some other major with high foid population so you can actually develop a real college friend group and not a bunch of incels.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Kmscurry, Tallooksmaxxer, Deleted member 18439 and 4 others
Don't major in engineering though, major in liberal arts or some other major with high foid population so you can actually develop a real college friend group and not a bunch of incels.
jfl

aslong as you live on campus you'll be good

paying for a useless degree is pointless.
OP's point was to diversify your options with engineering aswell as teaching ur self programing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551 and Adamsmith12345
jfl

aslong as you live on campus you'll be good

paying for a useless degree is pointless.
OP's point was to diversify your options with engineering aswell as teaching ur self programing
You are stuck with your own friend group in dorms. In classes you can talk to tons of foids. I only took 1 class in college that had more than 2-3 foids per class (biology) and I was talking to a new girl every day. If I was at least 5/10 face then I would've slayed hard af in there.

• Woah
Reactions: Rt-Rust1
You are stuck with your own friend group in dorms. In classes you can talk to tons of foids. I only took 1 class in college that had more than 2-3 foids per class (biology) and I was talking to a new girl every day. If I was at least 5/10 face then I would've slayed hard af in there.
its pointless if youre non-NT, also, chem & bio only have beckies

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
They don't really teach you shit, you can self learn almost all of the programming required to get an entry level position at a tech company. Instead, major in an engineering field such as computer/electrical/mechanical engineering while learning CS in your free time to diversify your skill set.

Even if you aren't able to self-learn enough programming to get a tech job, you'll definitely be able to create a side hustle using the computer science knowledge you gain in your free time.
Im doing information systems which mogs by far more girls in the business and com classes you take. Also less math and overall an easier time for just about the same career paths.

Im doing information systems which mogs by far more girls in the business and com classes you take. Also less math and overall an easier time for just about the same career paths.
if you did engineering you'd have 2 possible career paths

its pointless if youre non-NT, also, chem & bio only have beckies
HQNP beckies who are looking to get a real education, not slutty art hoes. There was also a stacy in my class.

But many jobs require you to have a degree and this is what matters, especially in high-end jobs in FAANG companies, its very important long-term and you will enter a bottleneck faster if you don't have one, fiat money is also just paper but its socially acceptable so you play by the rules, much like with a degree.

Also you got to be extremely lucky and have connections in the first place if you want to enter as a self-taught dev, and finding gigs as a freelancer is hard if you don't know how to market yourself.

• +1
Reactions: ballskin and Deleted member 19551
But many jobs require you to have a degree and this is what matters, especially in high-end jobs in FAANG companies, its very important long-term and you will enter a bottleneck faster if you don't have one, fiat money is also just paper but its socially acceptable so you play by the rules, much like with a degree.

Also you got to be extremely lucky and have connections in the first place if you want to enter as a self-taught dev, and finding gigs as a freelancer is hard if you don't know how to market yourself.
a lot of tech companies accept those with math or engineering degrees

a lot of tech companies accept those with math or engineering degrees
True, sometimes just having a degree s a requirement, but why not take a CS degree? it will still give you an advantage in those companies compared to those who have math/something else + there those who still want CS only and those are high-end jobs

Also I don't completely agree with you on the degree being useless for pure knowledge, district mathematics for example will give you a much deeper knowledge with logical operators which are a core part of programming, and its something you will study in university/college.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
What is computer science

So true. In 4 years of college I didn't even learn what I learned in a year of teaching myself. If you can't teach yourself programming, then it's not the right career path. Every job requires you to learn skills that you don't learn in college, so if you don't have the discipline and ability to teach yourself then you will struggle a lot.

I had that opportunity and I lost it. Lots of foids giving me interest and I developed trimethilaminuria