Are close set eyes ideal?

ahouzeh18

ahouzeh18

Iron
This is gonna sound like IPDcel cope, but I've personally noticed that a lot of the most simped-over male celebrities have slightly close set eyes. Zayn Malik, Ian Somerhalder, Zac Efron, Theo James, etc. Their ES ratio are somewhere around 0.40 to 0.43. Is there a correlation? Subhuman Marko Jaric even somehow pulled Adriana Lima, but that's probably more due to height and status pill.

Attachments

• IMG_5826.jpeg
    IMG_5826.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5827.webp
    IMG_5827.webp
    148.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5828.png
    IMG_5828.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5829.webp
    IMG_5829.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: 8uAte, BigBoy3000 and optimisticzoomer
No, but this definitely means that IPD itself isn't a big deal. If you morphed these men into having a normal ESR/IPD, their appeal would be the exact same

• +1
Reactions: chadintraining, optimisticzoomer, ahouzeh18 and 1 other person
I've heard ridiculous takes like "you can't be lite+ with a bad ipd" a lot

I've heard ridiculous takes like "you can't be lite+ with a bad ipd" a lot
Makes sense.
How does this apply to mid face ratio? is having a low mid face ratio as a result of close set eyes a failo? Or is it not a big deal as well?

Makes sense.
How does this apply to mid face ratio? is having a low mid face ratio as a result of close set eyes a failo? Or is it not a big deal as well?
if there is nothing to balance out the long midface ratio, then it's going to deduct. again, i don't think it is a big deal, but now if you morph someone with a long midface into compact midface, his appeal will go up quite a bit

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: ahouzeh18 and greycel
I think this is the ideal way of measuring the distance between eyes. Zayn Malik technically has "close-set eyes", but it's barely noticable even after knowing about his IPD. The reason being is because his intercanthal distance isn't much lower than his bizygomatic width. Actually, if there's not much gap between your lateral canthus and your zygomatic bone, you're gonna be fine

Attachments

• 1719951923148.png
    1719951923148.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: lucifer6969, ahouzeh18 and greycel
if there is nothing to balance out the long midface ratio, then it's going to deduct. again, i don't think it is a big deal, but now if you morph someone with a long midface into compact midface, his appeal will go up quite a bit
Not always.

Arvid morphed with a smalled midface would still be in ideal range, and maybe more preferred on paper.. but he benefits from the DOM appearance of a slightly longer midface.

I think this is the ideal way of measuring the distance between eyes. Zayn Malik technically has "close-set eyes", but it's barely noticable even after knowing about his IPD. The reason being is because his intercanthal distance isn't much lower than his bizygomatic width. Actually, if there's not much gap between your lateral canthus and your zygomatic bone, you're gonna be fine
Yea ESR is more relative to one's skull.
Whilst IPD is an objective measurement.
The only problem is that when you are next to other people, in a relative frame.. having a smaller IPD will look neotonous and weird.

I do think it's better than wide set eyes for males

Maybe not for models or if you're trying to go for a "psl god" look (which you'll never achieve) or prettyboy look, but irl to be classically handsome close set is better than wide set

• Woah
Reactions: Lookologist003
Not always.
View attachment 3010422

Arvid morphed with a smalled midface would still be in ideal range, and maybe more preferred on paper.. but he benefits from the DOM appearance of a slightly longer midface.

The only problem is that when you are next to other people, in a relative frame.. having a smaller IPD will look neotonous and weird.
man I told y'all "if there's nothing to balance out". Arvid has wide zygos, good overall skull height and width, ideal eye spacing and many other features that a long midface alone can't cancel out

• +1
Reactions: greycel
I do think it's better than wide set eyes for males

Maybe not for models or if you're trying to go for a "psl god" look (which you'll never achieve) or prettyboy look, but irl to be classically handsome close set is better than wide set
There are "psl gods" with close-set eyes

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
close eyes are more masc, wide apart eyes are more pretty-boyish

Not always.
View attachment 3010422

ESR is a shit measurement, because interpupilary distance doesn't say a lot about your eye spacing. "Oh look how close together this guy's pupils are" you probably think normies say to each other. But human eye doesn't work this way. The first thing that subconsciously throws off the appearance of eye area is how far the overall eye looks (from medial to lateral canthus) from the widest portion of one's face (zygos). I already shared a pic above on how I suggest measuring one's eye spacing

Subhuman Marko Jaric even somehow pulled Adriana Lima, but that's probably more due to height and status pill.
100% height-pill, lima is nigh 6'0 tall so she is heavily height-pilled

theres this video with her being bubbly and flirty with a recessed ltn just because he's taller than her:

Yeah but not models
I mean like opry and barrett
Being a model has fuck all to do with what's attractive to women. I mean yea, there is correlation, but honestly it isn't that strong

ESR is a shit measurement, because interpupilary distance doesn't say a lot about your eye spacing.
Makes sense. I have a normal IPD of about 64-65 mm, but my slightly wide face (14.6-14.8 cm) makes my ES ratio around 0.44, which is pretty close set on paper, but they don't look close set, at least based on what others have told me.

Being a model has fuck all to do with what's attractive to women. I mean yea, there is correlation, but honestly it isn't that strong
I know, which is why I said close set is better than wide set

I'm just saying the dalits on here worship a look that looks somewhat alien, with wider set eyes

Makes sense. I have a normal IPD of about 64-65 mm, but my slightly wide face (14.6-14.8 cm) makes my ES ratio around 0.44, which is pretty close set on paper, but they don't look close set, at least based on what others have told me.
0.44 is ever so slightly outside the ideal range. You gotta check out my eye area at 0.425 esr

I know, which is why I said close set is better than wide set

I'm just saying the dalits on here worship a look that looks somewhat alien, with wider set eyes
yea man, fuck all these psl copers

That's you? If so, i would guess your ES ratio to be like 0.45-0.46. Doesn't look close set at all.
yea man, that's me. what do u rate btw?

Yes close set is the way to go :feelswhy:

This is gonna sound like IPDcel cope, but I've personally noticed that a lot of the most simped-over male celebrities have slightly close set eyes. Zayn Malik, Ian Somerhalder, Zac Efron, Theo James, etc. Their ES ratio are somewhere around 0.40 to 0.43. Is there a correlation? Subhuman Marko Jaric even somehow pulled Adriana Lima, but that's probably more due to height and status pill.
if you don't have very narrow hooded eyes and your eyes are close set its pretty much death tier

if you don't have very narrow hooded eyes and your eyes are close set its pretty much death tier
So pretty much like Chris hemsworth, right?
also, does ESR change with weight loss? Mine is about 0.44 now but I'm a fatcel at 25% bf.

Attachments

• IMG_5977.webp
    IMG_5977.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
No

also, does ESR change with weight loss? Mine is about 0.44 now but I'm a fatcel at 25% bf.
yeah if you have bug eyes close set its very bad compared to bug eyes and wide set

you will look like inbred

no it doesn't change with weightloss it might make it look different but it doesn't change