Are GH and IGF-1 Cope for Promoting Muscle Growth?

Cope

Cope

"Despite the observations of an effect of GH and IGF-I on protein synthesis, the fact remains that gains in muscle mass are not observed in healthy subjects after long-term GH administration so any benefits are unlikely to be due to muscle mass gains."
"Administration of IGF-I acutely activates muscle protein synthesis (Fryburg et al., 1995), but similarly to GH a 1-year administration did not result in increased lean body mass (Friedlander et al., 2001). The effects of GH on fat-free mass may be due to water retention, which is a known side effect of GH administration, or to an increase in soft tissue due to the stimulatory effects of GH on collagen synthesis."

The article primarily suggests that both hormones are pretty much useless for healthy young adults with the results coming from water retention and soft tissue and not actual muscle protein synthesis.

Also I'm assuming injecting hormones like Insulin and Follistatin would be cope as well? Taking cortisol blockers and thyroid hormones would probably make a minor difference, right?

What about aromatase inhibitors for muscle growth? Exemestane makes you slimmer and more muscular.

Might make another thread going into these more thoroughly, but was just curious to know what hormones do/don't work from more experienced users.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Chintuck22 and ThreadMatters
The idea is that you blast so much gh that it causes hyperplasia in the muscle causing new muscle cells that can be filled through hypetrophy

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 2621 and middayshowers
yes but roids are better

GH is upstream of IGF

IGF is pretty much a bundle of Androgens, Insulin and GH

GH and Steroids are proven 50% more effective in increasing height velocity growth.
They didnt say why, but I think it is because IGF was formed more easily.
IGF is pretty strong and I am waiting for all the IGF2 studies lol, could be better for anti aging than GH alone

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Cope
just take anavar, mogs to Zimbabwe and back

just take anavar, mogs to Zimbabwe and back
Not worth the risk:reward factor tbh. I want to find compounds that give me good mileage while having to deal with as little adverse side effects as possible.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Chintuck22 and ThreadMatters
hgh and igf are usually used if u wanna keep gains without crazy training

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Cope
Would taking thyroid hormones be useless if I already have a fast metabolism?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Chintuck22 and ThreadMatters
I like how doctors/articles online say they are useless but then they are banned in every major sporting event JFL.

There is reason why you will grow muscle faster when you are 15-18 then 24-26 etc and it's not because your test levels are declined and even if they are we are talking 50 ng/dl or something that will barely make an impact. Your GH/IGF-1 goes through the roof during those years and you will be able to recover from each training session much faster.

New (significant?) muscle mass is always preceded by an increase in satellite cells that occurs through cell divison, IGF-1 has a profound effect on this and essentially speeds up the profileration process that occurs. The actual muscle tissue itself regulates up and down a lot depending on calorie intake/exercise but the satellite cells themselves stick around for a very long time, which is why muscle memory exists.

TLDR: IGF-1 = more satellite cells = more signaling for MPS(Muscle protein synthesis) = faster muscle growth.

• +1
Reactions: berlin.1969
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2756
I'm not an expert but from what I've heard mostly cope, plain low dose test will make you grow much better than growth far cheaper and with less sides

The reason bodybuilders use it is that it has some kind of synergistic effect with all the cocktail of roids and INSULIN which is the true key to them becoming freaks

It seems to be legit for anti aging and recovering from injuries etc but I see no reason to f with it tbh unless I want to as an oldcel

Converted from GH in the liver, similar to Insulin in structure and anabolic
right gotcha, thought you meant it was made up from steroids, lol.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990
right gotcha, thought you meant it was made up from steroids, lol.
I dont get what it is made up
Either it is made by GH or GH increases the production
And higher Androgen levels also raise IGF1 levels somehoe