Are looksmaxxers mentally ill or just hyper aware?

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Ascended
Given you don't suffer from BDD and you're just trying to max out your appearance as much as possible by eliminating whatever (actual) flaws that you have, etc. I don't think that's mental illness, even though that's what the general public would probably call it. But I'd argue that coping yourself into thinking that all this stuff doesn't really matter and living a lie is more of a mentall illness than what looksmaxxers are doing.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, volcelfatcel, SoyGune and 1 other person
both

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, cartr, Warlow and 7 others
I think I am somewhat mentally ill but I don't think that led me here

I think on here there's lots of people with BDD or distorted views of what actually looks good, but you can probably find that in the general public too especially among foids

I no longer doubt that looksmaxx really is the right thing, whenever I think if I am not just schizophrenic or something like that, a brutal blackpill appears in real life proving again that this is right and that other people simply live in a false and delusional reality

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and ifyouwannabemylover
  • +1
Reactions: Warlow
from what I've noticed with ugly and average people IRL, most are very submissive and accepting of their low position in life and inferior life quality.

They just lower their standards enough till they eventually find some low-tier Becky to settle with in their twenties and call it a day.

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel and pizza
Hyper aware, but also mentally ill

• +1
Reactions: pizza
Looksmaxxing is just wanting to look the best you can be what’s wrong with that

Looksmaxxing is a hobby for me now, I will keep doing it until I die. It's a goal to have to continue improving and never settling or conforming with trash. That's how I see it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
from what I've noticed with ugly and average people IRL, most are very submissive and accepting of their low position in life and inferior life quality.

They just lower their standards enough till they eventually find some low-tier Becky to settle with in their twenties and call it a day.
thats a good point, its a lot less work to just LDAR even socially