Are minoxidil results permanent?

vratisevojvodo

vratisevojvodo

My Dad is a War Criminal
Wanna know is it true or not, because opinions on minoxidil are different

• +1
Reactions: ey88
Ideally ask GPT 4. From what I know - if it is used for balding treatment - it's not permanent, as the cause for balding is still there

Maybe it can work for better volume of your hair or for faster growth permamently, idk. Need smart people here

No this should be obvious to you if you did some research and understood how minoxidil works

• +1
Reactions: ey88, PRIEST Sv3rige, distance decay and 1 other person
Ideally ask GPT 4. From what I know - if it is used for balding treatment - it's not permanent, as the cause for balding is still there

Maybe it can work for better volume of your hair or for faster growth permamently, idk. Need smart people here
i need for beard

Pretty sure the hairs you grow on your scalp are minox dependent but facial hair follicles are terminal and don't need it

• +1
Reactions: testNtren and ErbCel
From what I heard they are permanent on face hair and for head hair you have to keep using it to keep results

• +1
Reactions: ErbCel and Alexanderr
They will fall off when you stop using

Only for those using it for their beard, as far as I know.

There’s definitely people who used it to grow a beard and stopped taking it and kept all their beard growth just fine.

When it comes to the scalp it’s a bit more unclear.

Does raise the question whether it’d stay for eyebrows & eyelashes as well, since it does for the beard.

• +1
Reactions: ErbCel and PRIEST Sv3rige
Im gonna buy it so I will know in future does it really works

Only for those using it for their beard, as far as I know.

There’s definitely people who used it to grow a beard and stopped taking it and kept all their beard growth just fine.

When it comes to the scalp it’s a bit more unclear.

Does raise the question whether it’d stay for eyebrows & eyelashes as well, since it does for the beard.
It is because the hair growth on thr beard and scalp is different. The beard often experiences a longer growth phase (anagen), which might make it more susceptible to the effects of Minoxidil and Minoxidil when applied to beard converts vellus (thin, light) hairs into terminal (thicker, darker) hairs. Once these terminal hairs develop, they stay permanently,as beard hair growth is less sensitive to hormonal fluctuations compared to scalp hair. MPB is due to hair follicles shrinking over time due to sensitivity to DHT. Minoxidil helps maintain hair growth by increasing blood flow and extending the growth but the scalp hair is still susceptible to changes. To answer your question yes eyebrow and eyelash growth is similar to beard and is permanent.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Erds, yue and lucifer6969
It is because the hair growth on thr beard and scalp is different. The beard often experiences a longer growth phase (anagen), which might make it more susceptible to the effects of Minoxidil and Minoxidil when applied to beard converts vellus (thin, light) hairs into terminal (thicker, darker) hairs. Once these terminal hairs develop, they stay permanently,as beard hair growth is less sensitive to hormonal fluctuations compared to scalp hair. MPB is due to hair follicles shrinking over time due to sensitivity to DHT. Minoxidil helps maintain hair growth by increasing blood flow and extending the growth but the scalp hair is still susceptible to changes. To answer your question yes eyebrow and eyelash growth is similar to beard and is permanent.
If only we had something that proliferates new hair follicles

"is Minoxidil efficient bro"
"Does mk677 make you tall bro"
"are supplements good bro"
"does hgh make you tall bro"
"Are roids good"
"will test improve your dimorphism bro"
"What supplements should I use for bones bro"
"what is a good diet bro"
"is finasteride bad bro"

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: The Homelander, FUE Mogger, Mandibular and 3 others
There are ongoing studies into treatments like stem cell therapy, PRP (platelet-rich plasma), and even gene editing aimed at promoting new hair growth or regenerating hair follicles, but nothing is commercially available that reliably creates new follicles yet
If only we had something that proliferates new hair follicles

There are ongoing studies into treatments like stem cell therapy, PRP (platelet-rich plasma), and even gene editing aimed at promoting new hair growth or regenerating hair follicles, but nothing is commercially available that reliably creates new follicles yet
in some wound healings of the dermis new hair follicles are created apparently

When used on the face to grow a beard the hairs are permanent *once they become terminal* (the hairs start out as white vellus hairs and then shed to grow again as fully matured terminal hairs a few months down the line). When used on the scalp the hairs are completely dependent on minox and will fall out if usage is ceased.