Are PEEK implants permanent???

12PSLsubhuman

12PSLsubhuman

Zephir
I want to get inframalars and possibly supraorbital implants but since there will be a slight bone retrusion due to it setting in, if I have to remove it later, it would make it even worse
@RealSurgerymax

Why would you have to remove them later?

Why would you have to remove them later?
I dunno. Saw someone had to remove their jaw/ chin implant after 20 yrs or something. But it was silicone

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28896
I dunno. Saw someone had to remove their jaw/ chin implant after 20 yrs or something. But it was silicone
In 20 years technology will be insane either way, so if you have to remove them then it won't be a problem.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167, geenk worg and 12PSLsubhuman
How can something that you put in your face ever become permanently imbedded?

• +1
Reactions: Manfrommars
Permanent as in u don't have to take it out again/replace it u fucking retard

ChatGPT over a bunch of autist Zoomers might be a good move for you. Mr I wanna be an edgy teenager.

• Ugh..
Reactions: 12PSLsubhuman
Here you go. Allow me to hold your hand around the internet.

It is permanent.
Becomes harder to remove the more time that goes on.

• +1
Reactions: Manfrommars and 12PSLsubhuman
Peek is not mainly used for the face smartass. It's used for spine replacement etc and most implants used for stuff like that has to be replaced and/or cleaned anyway. But facial implant replacement long term is much rarer even for silicone
Here you go. Allow me to hold your hand around the internet.

View attachment 2473650

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
Peek is not mainly used for the face smartass. It's used for spine replacement etc and most implants used for stuff like that has to be replaced and/or cleaned anyway. But facial implant replacement long term is much rarer even for silicone

Fair enough.

• +1
I want to get inframalars and possibly supraorbital implants but since there will be a slight bone retrusion due to it setting in, if I have to remove it later, it would make it even worse
@RealSurgerymax
blud in 20 years we gonna have tech to literally change DNA, put our brains into computer. jus get implants and ascend in ur 20s and live life. who cares if they look not as good when ur 50, ur gonna look shit either way and no one cares what u look like at that age

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manfrommars, Deleted member 29167, IMOGYOU and 3 others
@RealSurgerymax
Could you please explain to me what you mean with "slight bone retrusion" ?
Most likely due to bone resorption, silicone is one of the worst if I had to get implants I would either get PEEK or titanium and for smaller things lyophilized cartilage.
Peek is not mainly used for the face smartass. It's used for spine replacement etc and most implants used for stuff like that has to be replaced and/or cleaned anyway. But facial implant replacement long term is much rarer even for silicone.
As far as I know PEEK is very biocompatible, that's why it is also used for skull reconstruction.

A:

There are many known cases of bone overgrowth after getting PEEK implants, I remember seeing a zygo implant which was completely overgrown with bone. There is even special designs that help with bone overgrowth and biocompatibility.

Last edited:

Most likely due to bone absorption, silicone is one of the worst if I had to get implants I would either get PEEK or titanium and for smaller things lyophilized cartilage.

As far as I know PEEK is very biocompatible, that's why it is also used for skull reconstruction.

A:

There are many known cases of bone overgrowth after getting PEEK implants, I remember seeing a zygo implant which was completely overgrown with bone. There is even special designs that help with bone overgrowth and biocompatibility.
So if I am getting inframalars and jaw implants and maybe supras too I should just get PEEK with pagnoni and I should be fine forever if I get the right size the first time right

• +1
Reactions: Meister!
If it was on here, that might have been me. I didn't have to have it removed.

Until jon jones punch you in face

If it was on here, that might have been me. I didn't have to have it removed.
What was ur material?? Howmlongndidnu have it?? What implant was it - chin or jaw?

• +1

Most likely due to bone resorption, silicone is one of the worst if I had to get implants I would either get PEEK or titanium and for smaller things lyophilized cartilage.

A:

@RealSurgerymax can you essentially create a PEEK paranasal implant, that has minimal anterior projection (to avoid it looking uncanny), and wait for bone to grow over it?

• +1
Reactions: Meister!
@RealSurgerymax can you essentially create a PEEK paranasal implant, that has minimal anterior projection (to avoid it looking uncanny), and wait for bone to grow over it?
Yes

Bone isn’t guaranteed to grow over

• +1
Reactions: greycel