Are people in general bad at judging their own attractiveness, and do users on Looksmax perhaps have too high standards?

T

transient_being

Iron
Hi! Hope your day is going good :)

I consider myself an objectively average-looking guy, and people on this forum seem to agree. However, I've always had an easy time with girls even though I've never ever put forth any effort (they always approach me and show effort instead). And what really perplexes me is that people, in real life that is, always seem to compliment my face and body out-of-the-blue. They call me handsome, very cute, beautiful, and sometimes intimidating. When I was around 16 during my first appointment with my physiotherapist, the first thing she said to me was, "WOAH, you are so handsome" and seemed shocked like she saw a ghost. My current girlfriend (and exes plus ons) tells me she is almost stunned sometimes how good I look and blushes etc, and that she is happy that she finally gets to date a "conventionally attractive, sexy" man. "I didn't know sex was this good, and I want it all the time with you; I've never felt like this before". I have countless examples throughout my life.

With all of this in mind, how come I never see what they see, and that you fine people on here class me as an average-to-below-average-looking guy? It's two conflicting realities, and I think this is due to us on this forum having outlandish standards.

TLDR:

Irl people find me "very handsome" and my multitude of girls is a testament to thus, but I don't see it and neither do people on this forum. Could this be due to us having almost absurd standards, and thus we judge anything that deviates from it as "not good"?

Thank you for reading! ❤️

• +1
Reactions: EnglandBadman, Akhi and Xangsane
bad humble brag attempt

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 69862, Clown Show, hardestmfintheroom and 11 others
these replies are gonna be brutal

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 69862, shogrim, Deleted member 30843 and 2 others
bad humble brag attempt
I'm in all honesty not trying to brag. Why would I? I don't know any of you. Plus, it should be the complete opposite: I think I look bad, you guys thinks so too, but irl the opinions are a 180.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 40471
Send pic in DM or cap

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30843
send pics on dm

• +1

I consider myself an objectively average-looking guy, and people on this forum seem to agree. However, I've always had an easy time with girls even though I've never ever put forth any effort (they always approach me and show effort instead). And what really perplexes me is that people, in real life that is, always seem to compliment my face and body out-of-the-blue. They call me handsome, very cute, beautiful, and sometimes intimidating. When I was around 16 during my first appointment with my physiotherapist, the first thing she said to me was, "WOAH, you are so handsome" and seemed shocked like she saw a ghost. My current girlfriend (and exes plus ons) tells me she is almost stunned sometimes how good I look and blushes etc, and that she is happy that she finally gets to date a "conventionally attractive, sexy" man. "I didn't know sex was this good, and I want it all the time with you; I've never felt like this before". I have countless examples throughout my life.

With all of this in mind, how come I never see what they see, and that you fine people on here class me as an average-to-below-average-looking guy? It's two conflicting realities, and I think this is due to us on this forum having outlandish standards.

TLDR:

Irl people find me "very handsome" and my multitude of girls is a testament to thus, but I don't see it and neither do people on this forum. Could this be due to us having almost absurd standards, and thus we judge anything that deviates from it as "not good"?

I'm generally a lot more lax on judgment than most other users and my standards aren't exceptionally high for what concerns rating people.
Mind sending me a few pictures as DM? It may be you just don't look very good in photos but look great IRL.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 69862

TLDR:

What do you look like?

Grey will be grey

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27729 and Deleted member 30843

TLDR:

feel free to dm your face and ill tell u ur real rating objectively

feel free to dm your face and ill tell u ur real rating objectively
blatonslatt

• JFL

TLDR:

check dms

TLDR:

I have similiar experience as well. Means nothing literally.

Cause in real life your vibe + looks in motion is different from a solid photo.

Me as example, I have a solid above average side profile ( yes I got rated by many and none of which said I have failos on my side, some even said I have really good forward growth and jaw line)

But my front is handicapped by failos only surgury can help, making me truecel teir. Yet in real life I was considered okish.
Cause people don't see you from one angle but many. Failos are mostly only noticeable when static. Yes they affects your looks but most of the time it descends you on subconscious level. If your tall or other halos it compensates failos as well.

people here do have high standard, they treat your face as a picture. If you want to improve and truly know your face stay, if you feel content with your looks leave. This site is brutal to mental health.

• +1
Reactions: hardestmfintheroom, Akhi and zura
I have similiar experience as well. Means nothing literally.

Cause in real life your vibe + looks in motion is different from a solid photo.

Me as example, I have a solid above average side profile ( yes I got rated by many and none of which said I have failos on my side, some even said I have really good forward growth and jaw line)

But my front is handicapped by failos only surgury can help, making me truecel teir. Yet in real life I was considered okish.
Cause people don't see you from one angle but many. Failos are mostly only noticeable when static. Yes they affects your looks but most of the time it descends you on subconscious level. If your tall or other halos it compensates failos as well.

people here do have high standard, they treat your face as a picture. If you want to improve and truly know your face stay, if you feel content with your looks leave. This site is brutal to mental health.
Big cope.

1st you are mostly judged by your pictures in this modern Internet age

2nd, your real life attractiveness effects your pictures.

In short, if you don't look good in pictures, without any angle frauding, just completely natural, then you are ugly

Also op is probably either tall, above average looking or larping.

Or maybe He is a light skin in india

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Akhi and Deleted member 40471
nah looksmax ratings are accurate even in real lfie

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Akhi and Mr. President
Thank you for reporting this content.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: FacialStructure404 and Mr. President
Your rating is your IRL treatment by women. Not indicators of interest like stares etc but actual P in V. Your opinion of how how you look or how forum members think you look here is totally irrelevant. The fact you can’t grasp that is baffling.

• +1
Reactions: transient_being and Akhi
time to rope asap :feelswhy:

Big cope.

1st you are mostly judged by your pictures in this modern Internet age

2nd, your real life attractiveness effects your pictures.

In short, if you don't look good in pictures, without any angle frauding, just completely natural, then you are ugly

Also op is probably either tall, above average looking or larping.

Or maybe He is a light skin in india
Your right. Thats what I want to say.

Real life attractiveness and static neutral picture of yours has BIG Difference.

But static picture is the actual attractiveness. You can fraud in real life with hair or certain angle

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
Your right. Thats what I want to say.

Real life attractiveness and static neutral picture of yours has BIG Difference.

But static picture is the actual attractiveness. You can fraud in real life with hair or certain angle
Caging at this ultra low IQ comment @Akhi @SurgeryEnjoyer

Imagine thinking a static picture is your actual attractiveness, as opposed to the sum of your looks, charisma and vibe irl.

Why did people never tell me that girls are secretly looking a printed out pictures of you while you’re banging them

• +1
Reactions: slamwhitmore, SurgeryEnjoyer and Akhi
people call me handsome occasionally too, yet im average by this site‘s standards and irl too

op you mightve been just their type and thats why they were glazing you, or you‘re better looking irl than in pics or we just dont have a clue how to rate

maybe we have high standards here, this isnt always a bad thing tho because even tho it makes people feel bad, people strive to get to higher tiers of attractiveness

op, do you mind sending me a pic of yourself in pm?

• +1
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer
Didn’t read but pretty much every human being on earth including people here think they look better than they actually do. Compliments mean nothing since you are probably exaggerating the value of those too (you might look good but not that good yet still take compliments too positively). All that matters is how often women approach you.

Caging at this ultra low IQ comment @Akhi @SurgeryEnjoyer

Imagine thinking a static picture is your actual attractiveness, as opposed to the sum of your looks, charisma and vibe irl.

Why did people never tell me that girls are secretly looking a printed out pictures of you while you’re banging them
I always glue my hair and walk around with eith a lamp over my head attached to a stick strapped to my back to get da best lighting.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
people call me handsome occasionally too, yet im average by this site‘s standards and irl too

op you mightve been just their type and thats why they were glazing you, or you‘re better looking irl than in pics or we just dont have a clue how to rate

maybe we have high standards here, this isnt always a bad thing tho because even tho it makes people feel bad, people strive to get to higher tiers of attractiveness

op, do you mind sending me a pic of yourself in pm?

Hey. Still want me to send? :)

Didn’t read but pretty much every human being on earth including people here think they look better than they actually do. Compliments mean nothing since you are probably exaggerating the value of those too (you might look good but not that good yet still take compliments too positively). All that matters is how often women approach you.

I see what you mean and totally understand you. Maybe I did take the compliments too positively. However, that was because they felt incredibly genuine and not in a context where they should be appropriate, like my female teacher grabbing my shoulders and looking me deep in the eye how "handsome" I am. And the aforementioned trip to the physiotherapist, the phone numbers on my locker during high-school etc. I've fumbled so many chances of hook-ups and reqltionships in the past because I always thought I looked bad.

Another recent story: my current girlfriend smiled and couldn't talk the first time she saw me; then she told me it was because I was "very hot". I mean, wtf? I'm so confused as my face looks bland as shit.

All of this is feels like this forum have too high standards. I mean, look around: besides my best friend (who's is a massive chad according to this forum), I have yet to see a guy fitting your criteria. It's probably because it's very much overkill.

Sorry for the wall of text :(

Last edited:

TLDR:

Tbh if you're considered attractive by others irl then you most definitely are attractive

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
I see what you mean and totally understand you. Maybe I did take the compliments too positively. However, that was because they felt incredibly genuine and not in a context where they should be appropriate, like my female teacher grabbing my shoulders and looking me deep in the eye how "handsome" I am. And the aforementioned trip to the physiotherapist, the phone numbers on my locker during high-school etc. I've fumbled so many chances of hook-ups and reqltionships in the past because I always thought I looked bad.

Another recent story: my current girlfriend smiled and couldn't talk the first time she saw me; then she told me it was because I was "very hot". I mean, wtf? I'm so confused as my face looks bland as shit.

All of this is feels like this forum have too high standards. I mean, look around: besides my best friend (who's is a massive chad according to this forum), I have yet to see a guy fitting your criteria. It's probably because it's very much overkill.

Sorry for the wall of text :(
My bad I should’ve read your thread you seem to be very attractive. Also what criteria, I never mentioned one? Finally, mind sending your face in dms I’m curious?

why would you care what people say here if youre good with women irl.