Are People More Forgiving When It Comes To Ratings In Real Life?

Deleted member 14138

Deleted member 14138

Kraken
no one seems to want to answer this question in the other forum categories so I am trying this section now.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13367
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this.
Are you asking whether or not people you encounter irl perceive you better than they would if they saw a picture of you online?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6695
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this.
Are you asking whether or not people you encounter irl perceive you better than they would if they saw a picture of you online?
YES. Thats it. Thats what im asking.

• +1
Honestly, I think a lot of it is psychological.
People are always very direct with each other online, because there is 0 consequences to saying something from behind the screen.
In real life however, I feel like a lot of people are more insecure and feel intimidated by each other, so they might perceive you better than they would from just seeing your face out of context.
Personally, I look fucking hideous on selfies or when I see recording of myself in motion but most girls I talk to irl are usually very nice to me, so I think at the very least, they dont find me completely repulsive.
I think there is more to it than just face irl - height, frame and the way you present yourself certainly play a role as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, SOS-Sonic, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 4 others
Honestly, I think a lot of it is psychological.
People are always very direct with each other online, because there is 0 consequences to saying something from behind the screen.
In real life however, I feel like a lot of people are more insecure and feel intimidated by each other, so they might perceive you better than they would from just seeing your face out of context.
Personally, I look fucking hideous on selfies or when I see recording of myself in motion but most girls I talk to irl are usually very nice to me, so I think at the very least, they dont find me completely repulsive.
I think there is more to it than just face irl - height, frame and the way you present yourself certainly play a role as well.
Im similar with selfies but my body looks better in a selfie than in real life. Which is odd because its usually the opposite. I look more muscular in internet selfies and in real life I look like a skinny twig.

• +1
I think what the PSL forums say are true when it comes to looks but i also feel persons irl don't dont judge u as hard (this may vary depending on who the person is) but on average i would say u are perceived better and thus have higher success rates... can't be too subhuman tho

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4106
Better OR worse yeah. If you’re average but you have chad mannerisms and dress well and are tall (yes this impacts what people say about your face), people might act like you’re above average. If you’re a short average guy who can’t make eye contact and scurries away all the time people will laugh at you like you’re a genetic freak. Same face in both scenarios is entirely possible

also people in general are just nicer about looks irl. The internet is full of photoshops and male models but irl these people barely exist

yes, my mom says im a 10/10

Yes, online judgments are tougher. Seeing a person in irl is a lot different than seeing in a photo.
Think about the biggest slayer you've ever seen, he probably doesn't even come close to Cavill and other Chads

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13409
Yes because they are normal and don’t autistically analyse you.

normies might "forget" about a failo of yours if it's not too severe and you're statusmaxxed otherwise in some way