Are smart body weight scales accurate for body fat?

D

Deleted member 8988

Platinum
I got tested at the gym by an appraiser/trainer and he said my body fat percentage was 8.5%…my face is bloated and round and I have no abs showing. My belly feels fat. I even have love handles. I thought I was at very least 15% fat. What the hell?

Solution
Orc
no, but they reliably track progress, i.e it'll still go down when you lose fat even if the number isn't accurate.
no, but they reliably track progress, i.e it'll still go down when you lose fat even if the number isn't accurate.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Deleted member 8988 and Deleted member 24444
Solution
Mine gym weight showed Im like 4% body fat when I was like 15%. Youre Lean if you can see your lower abs and maester muscle

• +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫, Deleted member 8988 and Deleted member 24444
Mine gym weight showed Im like 4% body fat when I was like 15%. Youre Lean if you can see your lower abs and maester muscle
Thanks ! I was almost suicidal hearing that news even if I knew there is no way that stupid scale could be accurate. It would have meant I am deformed tier bone wise or I have hypervelomia levels of water retention.

• +1
Reactions: kokoszanel