Are there any oldcels on this forum that can pinpoint what it was like before dating apps?

SubSigma

SubSigma

Average ginger stacey enjoyer
Was it really better, or are we just mentally ill shutins that existed in previous generations too, but never had an outlet?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: justinzayn, Offensive Bias, LampPostPrime and 1 other person
IMG 9516
Bump

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 22918
Just a bit of jestermaxxing to fuck a girl nowadays, in the past you needed to marry and commit to her

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22918
How much easier was it, you are around 35 if I remeber correctly so you lived through it all I assume.
When I started dating my ex she didn't really have any friends and no orbiters. I wasn't competing with anyone. I could take my time and get to know her like a normal person. There was this other attractive girl who had a crush on me when I was in 11th grade for no reason. I wasn't remotely attractive - LTN at best - and I had never spoken to her. I just looked at her facebook and she's still relatively attractive in her mid-30s.

Everyone's world was so much smaller. Now everyone has this global consciousness. Everyone sees themselves as being on this global stage now. Why the fuck would an attractive girl want anything to do with some small time guy who has no value on that stage?

Even online dating was easier before Tinder. OkCupid was great at first. You could message anyone and they'd actually respond. You could send big long autistic messages and not completely turn girls off.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: the next o'pry, justinzayn, HeightPilledum and 2 others
Harder. U actually had to have a social group or friends. Or else u could go a decade without kissing a female like I did thru my 20s.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: boss8055, VenatorLuparius, justinzayn and 4 others
Harder. U actually had to have a social group or friends. Or else u could go a decade without kissing a female like I did thru my 20s.
You were kissless through your 20's?

• +1
Reactions: SubSigma
It was easier. That's literally water. Even today people would say it's easier, IRL than on OLD. Now consider it was the norm. If you were aspie it was still death, but there were far less aspie people. Now being aspie is celebrated and promoted.

OLD dating was for 'losers' who never went out IRL. Now it's the number one way people meet jfl.

This is the problem with western society. It's in a constant state of flux.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: HeightPilledum, Nick.Harte and SubSigma
  • So Sad
Idk ask amnesia he was born in the 1970s or sum shit

• JFL
Above average guys would get attention or looks when they walked the street because they would instinctively scan for men. Now their attention is drained by insta/snap chat unless you are top 0.1% they will not even bat an eye

• So Sad
Was it really better, or are we just mentally ill shutins that existed in previous generations too, but never had an outlet?

Oldcel here. Was around before dating apps and also when they were new. Normies could more easily get looksmatched gfs if they were nt. Even when dating apps were new (circa 2016), they were much better. They weren't chad only and actually worked for normies. Now they don't work at all unless you are at least chadlite.

am 39

was easier back in the day all i had to do was wear some sneakers and a tank top to the club and could get any girl

was exactly like now.

• So Sad
Why not prefer the format of OLD and Insta because it filters through all the bullshit for you? IRL women always viewed it as insulting when a man she's not attracted to approaches her, warm or cold.