Are there facial exercisers that are legit. What was your experience?

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
Is gum 3-5 times a week enough? Do I need any exercisers?

Mewing is legit, prevents your maxilla from caving down.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1180, Deleted member 9344 and .*my*.
Mewing is legit, prevents your maxilla from caving down.
Been doing it for 6 months. Changes are very subtle, but there are changes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9344 and Deleted member 6380
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5608 and .*my*.
@itis123 mewing prevents balding, because it fixes the skull shape, and flattens the galea.

If you don't mew, your maxilla will be downswung, and that causes the "cone" in your head.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Madhate, bimaximum, Earn__Greatness and 3 others
@itis123 mewing prevents balding, because it fixes the skull shape, and flattens the galea.

If you don't mew, your maxilla will be downswung, and that causes the "cone" in your head.
Seriously though, I don’t think mewing is going to make anything go up, it MAY only make the palate wider and give better cheekbones. That’s why it’s important to have good posture early so your face won’t drop.

no it will not jfl. These people wouldnt have got a better galea if they mewed.

200px Yvanmendy112 Michaelchiklis 1566229142481

Im pretty sure these people didnt mew. Look how they have bad facial structure but good galeas.

Gettyimages 484815890 2048x2048 David Schwimmer 2011

Galea is genetic. Plenty of mouthbreathers keep their hair too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
Would you say it's more common for ugly people to be balding or good looking?
poor facial structure and poorly shaped galeas usually go hand in hand from my observations. But sometimes people with poor facial structure have good galeas.

I, personally, think that all facial exercises (including Mewing) are fallible, inefficient, and a complete waste of time. The medical research and data just isn't there. And if you study the processes of basic human anatomy, you will be able to identify just how fallible these facial exercises are.

You are better off investing your time and efforts into something else that is scientifically proven, and that posses a higher efficacy rate,

In terms of Mewing, there is a complete absence of peer-reviewed scholarly data findings that suggests that this is an effective method of treating maxillary malocclusion. The concept of Mewing stems from Dr. John Mew, who has recently been stripped of his dental license by the General Dental Council. The dismissal was on grounds of misconduct for publicly denigrating the traditional practices of orthodontic tooth movement, in conjunction with exodontia and orthognathic surgery, as treatment for malocclusion.

That should give you an idea of things...

I, personally, think that all facial exercises (including Mewing) are fallible, inefficient, and a complete waste of time. The medical research and data just isn't there. And if you study the processes of basic human anatomy, you will be able to identify just how fallible these facial exercises are.

You are better off investing your time and efforts into something else that is scientifically proven, and that posses a higher efficacy rate,

In terms of Mewing, there is a complete absence of peer-reviewed scholarly data findings that suggests that this is an effective method of treating maxillary malocclusion. The concept of Mewing stems from Dr. John Mew, who has recently been stripped of his dental license by the General Dental Council. The dismissal was on grounds of misconduct for publicly denigrating the traditional practices of orthodontic tooth movement, in conjunction with exodontia and orthognathic surgery, as treatment for malocclusion.

That could also mean that John Mew was a threat to them because guess what? Prevention is cheaper than treatment.

That could also mean that John Mew was a threat to them because guess what? Prevention is cheaper than treatment.
Hahaha that's quite a conspiracist way of thinking, but I don't think so. If it truly worked, he would've published his findings in peer-reviewed medical journals, and would have been compensated millions of dollars for his scientific publishings from both public and private funding sectors.

But he hasn't, he's only created a YouTube channel to discuss it...

Hahaha that's quite a conspiracist way of thinking, but I don't think so. If it truly worked, he would've published his findings in peer-reviewed medical journals, and would have been compensated millions of dollars for his scientific publishings from both public and private funding sectors.

But he hasn't, he's only created a YouTube channel to discuss it...
You sound like you were born yesterday. The world isn’t that simple.

Many orthodontists could go broke if his discoveries were taken seriously and became common knowledge.

You sound like you were born yesterday. The world isn’t that simple.

Many orthodontists could go broke if his discoveries were taken seriously and became common knowledge.
Hmm and if someone said pissing on your leg could cure cancer, but they couldn't back it up with any medical or scientific data, then I'm sure you would believe it too.

Wake up man. There's a lot of idiots in this world that are just full of shit. Do yourself a favour and don't be one of them; educate yourself. I honestly mean that sincerely. Good luck with your Mewing and facial exercises.

• +1
Reactions: bimaximum and .*my*.
In my personal opinion, mewing is absolutely essential to everysoftmaxx. Even discounting the theoretical effects on forward bone (which I think are legit), it trains the hyoid to sit higher and thus making your jawline look better.

exercising your mentalis muscle (chin muscle). Helps with foward projection and giving it a more dimorphic appearance. I think there is a change for me at least.

Some people had success exercising their zygos. I think it makes your cheeks look very round, so I've never tried it.

Attachments

• IMG_2128 (2).JPG
    IMG_2128 (2).JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3144 (2).JPG
    IMG_3144 (2).JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 9