Are you bothered that there's no solid soil, or axioms, when trying to get a grasp of living

B

beyourself

Master

Partly it's the reason why I gave up @ one point and even got expelled from my uni two years ago. Obviously I got back the year after, but feel like I'm just ignoring the problem by not trying to reason and reflect too much these days and only thinking "meta" when need to set goals which is a slippery slope.

It sucks when you don't want to act blind while it seems to be the only option there is.

TBH thinking now it could be linked to anxiety or smth. No idea, but it sucks big time that I feel this stupid itching

idk what ur talking about bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464, Deleted member 2846, Deleted member 2621 and 2 others
Just be Lucky and you will wake up happier

People need to understand the word Karma. It means action in Buddhism and Hinduism (not an eye for an eye as normies messed it up) . Life is completely meaningless , but it's your actions that make your life a life. So you are the creator of your life.

You hitting the gym or eating pizza on here? You planning to start a buisness or happy to wage slave for 40 years? You taking care of yourself looksmaxxing or laying down and roting ? You spending time with friends and family or too neurotic ? You talking to your neighbour or too shy ? You going out at night to meet people or staying indoors play games? You practicing being a descent person for your future family? Are you spritually enlightened and find happiness in your family or do you hide behind expensive cars alone?

So you see your life becomes your actions. This is what gives it meaning and purpose.

• +1
Reactions: Andromeda88, autistic_tendencies and beyourself
People need to understand the word Karma. It means action in Buddhism and Hinduism (not an eye for an eye as normies messed it up) . Life is completely meaningless , but it's your actions that make your life a life. So you are the creator of your life.

You hitting the gym or eating pizza on here? You planning to start a buisness or happy to wage slave for 40 years? You taking care of yourself looksmaxxing or laying down and roting ? You spending time with friends and family or too neurotic ? You talking to your neighbour or too shy ? You going out at night to meet people or staying indoors play games? You practicing being a descent person for your future family? Are you spritually enlightened and find happiness in your family or do you hide behind expensive cars alone?

So you see your life becomes your actions. This is what gives it meaning and purpose.
Pretty much yeah. That's why I turned to existentialism as there's no solid ground to make assumptions from, and existentialism is all about trying to live a life in a world of chaos. TBH the point of this thread is not exactly about is there such a solid ground (there isn't) but to find out is there someone else who's troubled with this shit, and hear their thoughts on it.

• +1
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx and Gaia262
Pretty much yeah. That's why I turned to existentialism as there's no solid ground to make assumptions from, and existentialism is all about trying to live a life in a world of chaos. TBH the point of this thread is not exactly about is there such a solid ground (there isn't) but to find out is there someone else who's troubled with this shit, and hear their thoughts on it.
Alot of people are troubled by it. Hence escapist habits like alcholism , drug abuse. Some people get brainwashed into consumerism to fill the gap i.e buying expensive cars to give them meaning. Some choose to live in fantasy i.e. social media holiday pictures.

You only have to walk on the street to see the unhappiness in people's faces . It takes an enlightened person to rid themselves of desires and just to fine true meaning . Family, friends, community, health etc.

Desire is the root cause of man's problems in my opinion.

• +1
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx
Alot of people are troubled by it. Hence escapist habits like alcholism , drug abuse. Some people get brainwashed into consumerism to fill the gap i.e buying expensive cars to give them meaning. Some choose to live in fantasy i.e. social media holiday pictures.

You only have to walk on the street to see the unhappiness in people's faces . It takes an enlightened person to rid themselves of desires and just to fine true meaning . Family, friends, community, health etc.

Desire is the root cause of man's problems in my opinion.

No shit. Ideally you should accept your position in society as this mostly is what driving people to go crazy about looksmaxxing here, or about getting big money etc. Say, a country of a type as described in Plato's "Republic" could exist if we weren't programmed to accomplish more than we have. But sometimes you should overcome this urge.

Anyway, acceptance is in some way an ignorance of how life works. It's doesn't explain the unexplainable, but suggests (if talkin' 'bout some set of rules like religions or philosophies) it's own axioms. In the end all there's left to do is to accept some set of undisputable rules, cannot agree with that more. So if you mean a person needs to adapt that, then yeah, whether it's a religion or a philosophy or one's own made up set of rules.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Just embrace chaos.
You just woke up as a crying baby, emerging from the void. You didn't choose any of this, reality is what it is.
Life is survival, reproduction and death.

To live is to die, it's how the universe works.
You have to accept reality, if reincarnation exists, you're never getting out of this life of suffering.
If it doesn't, embrace the fakeness of your ego and desires and just live with it.
Can't know what's real.

I could say my consciousness is just neurons firing, but i woke up once from atheistically speaking total death before birth as a crying baby, what is there to stop it from happening again once i attain total death?

Religion doesn't guarantee eternal life, atheism and science don't guarantee eternal death.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and beyourself
y’all need Jesus

• JFL
Reactions: fukmylyf

No shit. Ideally you should accept your position in society as this mostly is what driving people to go crazy about looksmaxxing here, or about getting big money etc. Say, a country of a type as described in Plato's "Republic" could exist if we weren't programmed to accomplish more than we have. But sometimes you should overcome this urge.

Anyway, acceptance is in some way an ignorance of how life works. It's doesn't explain the unexplainable, but suggests (if talkin' 'bout some set of rules like religions or philosophies) it's own axioms. In the end all there's left to do is to accept some set of undisputable rules, cannot agree with that more. So if you mean a person needs to adapt that, then yeah, whether it's a religion or a philosophy or one's own made up set of rules.