Are you supposed to squeeze the muscle you're working out?

Deleted member 16958

Deleted member 16958

Gold
Tbh i've been gymcelling for some months now and I have barely seen progress, mainly on my 404 chest. I think my arms were bigger when I started working out tbh.

I think it's because i've been lazy with protein consumption and also my form. Like when i'm benching I think I mainly use my arms without activating my chest. Today I tried to squeeze my chest and clench my ass cheeks and my bench went down but I felt a better pump, sweated more and felt more tired. Is this good?

pic is me:

I'm trying to lean bulk atm. Should I continue or do I cut? I just ate a lot so i'm a bit fatter than i'd look on an empty stomach. 76kg in the mornings, 6'0

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: .👽.
yes yes clench dem cheeks:love:

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Mewton, Deleted member 16530 and Deleted member 16958
Tbh i've been gymcelling for some months now and I have barely seen progress, mainly on my 404 chest. I think my arms were bigger when I started working out tbh.

I think it's because i've been lazy with protein consumption and also my form. Like when i'm benching I think I mainly use my arms without activating my chest. Today I tried to squeeze my chest and clench my ass cheeks and my bench went down but I felt a better pump. Is this good?

pic is me: View attachment 1545726

I'm trying to lean bulk atm. Should I continue or do I cut?
good shoulders buddy, keep working the chest tho.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 16958
you raise the bar as if you were going to find one arm in the other, pushing your chest in and up >> <<

• +1
good shoulders buddy, keep working the chest tho.
Thanks, brah. Kinda hate my subhuman gut though so not sure if I should continue bulking. I'm around 76kg in the morning at 6'0.

you raise the bar as if you were going to find one arm in the other, pushing your chest in and up >> <<
I use dumbbells. Does that same rule apply?

maxximum streching + plexig, is best imo.
At least that is what Arnie said

Last edited:
  • +1
you need to imagine how you only move your elbows together
have your shoulder far back and down (squeeze shoulder blades together)
activate your chest with push ups before

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530 and Deleted member 16958
How much are you benching unironically

• +1
Any advice related to "mind muscle connection" has always sounded retarded to me
A sentiently designed lift should make it impossible to perform the movement with proper form without engaging certain muscles
Either you're not lifting heavy enough or your form is bad

• +1
Any advice related to "mind muscle connection" has always sounded retarded to me
A sentiently designed lift should make it impossible to perform the movement with proper form without engaging certain muscles
Either you're not lifting heavy enough or your form is bad
i'm going to have to look up the form of all the exercises I do again on youtube. But I don't think i'm completely off. Could be protein intake too or i'm just a low T tranny and it's over.

i'm going to have to look up the form of all the exercises I do again on youtube. But I don't think i'm completely off. Could be protein intake too or i'm just a low T tranny and it's over.
chest is the hardest muscle to hit especially with bench press

any other muscle is pretty easy

• +1

I think it's because i've been lazy with protein consumption and also my form. Like when i'm benching I think I mainly use my arms without activating my chest. Today I tried to squeeze my chest and clench my ass cheeks and my bench went down but I felt a better pump, sweated more and felt more tired. Is this good?

pic is me:

I'm trying to lean bulk atm. Should I continue or do I cut? I just ate a lot so i'm a bit fatter than i'd look on an empty stomach. 76kg in the mornings, 6'0
don't overthink it, just go through the motions make sure your working hard enough meaning you slow down on the later reps of your set and be consistent meaning you go to the gym for x number of days every week

• +1
also make sure you don't compare your progress to fitness influencers bc if your natural or even on steroids your rate of progress will be dependent on your genetics, working out is a lifestyle change so if your making small gains every 3-4 months, you work out for like 5 years and it all adds up

• +1
also make sure you don't compare your progress to fitness influencers bc if your natural or even on steroids your rate of progress will be dependent on your genetics, working out is a lifestyle change so if your making small gains every 3-4 months, you work out for like 5 years and it all adds up
Thanks. Is my progress really subhuman for 4 months of gymcelling?

I think I lost a lot of muscle lately due to not eating protein and drinking lots of alcohol tbh but still no excuse. I need to train harder and smarter.

Last edited: