Ashwagandha: this supplement is better than finasteride for hair regrowth

20/04/2008

20/04/2008

Platinum
What if I told you there’s a herb that’s on par with finasteride in terms of efficacy, helping with hair loss without the side effects and you don’t even have to take it orally? Let me show you.

You might be extremely aware of this herb.

It’s called Ashwagandha.

Yes, topical Ashwagandha has been shown to be extremely helpful in helping with hair regrowth.

Topical Ashwagandha for hair regrowth

A recent human study at the end of 2023 found that topical Ashwagandha was very effective at regrowing hair

To see how effective it really is, I compared it to the effectiveness of finasteride.

According to the study, they used a liquid KSM-66 extract and applied only 1-2 drops total per day.

The researchers told the research subjects to put a little bit on their hands and then apply it to their hair where they wanted regrowth. To be clear, 1-2 drops is a very, very low dose. And it was still shown to be very effective for hair loss. Now, imagine if you had to take more. It would likely be even more effective.

Ashwagandha vs finasteride for hair regrowth

Ashwagandha vs finasteride on hair density per cm2

• Finasteride: 1.3-1.9 hairs/cm2 per month. ~9.3 hairs/cm2 average hair growth seen with daily oral administration of 1 mg finasteride over a 24-week period

• Ashwagandha: 7.3 vs 2.8 hairs/cm2(placebo) after 75 days (2.9 per month).
In summary, over the period of 1 month, finasteride increased 1.3-1.9 hairs/cm2 per month, whereas topical Ashwagandha was 2.9 hairs/cm2 per month. That’s much better if you ask me.

Ashwagandha vs finasteride on hair thickness

• Finasteride (5mg): increased hair thickness from 64 to 70 (6μm) after 12 months (0.5μm per month)

• Ashwagandha: 1.8 vs 0.9μm (0.72μm per month)
In summary, over the period of 1 month, Ashwagandha was better than fin, coming in at 0.72μm/m vs 0.5μm/m.

Hair growth speed

I couldn’t find anything on finasteride here. But hair growth speed was 21.7 vs 4.2μm/day. About 5 times faster than the placebo group.

How does topical Ashwagandha work for hair loss?

Why does Ashwagandha work?

Ashwagandha has been shown to :

Efficacy and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Ashwagandha Sustained-Release Formulation on Depression and Anxiety Induced by Chronic Unpredictable Stress: in vivo and in vitro Studies - PMC

• reduce inflammation in the scalp
  • increase nitric oxide and improve blood flow
  • increase IGF 1 and or other growth factors
  • promote the increased production of old stem cells. So that stem cells can be converted into new hair follicles for you to be able to grow new hair.

Summary

I think if you want to use something for hair without the side effects of finasteride, which is going to cause mental, physical and sexual side effects, rather use topical ashwagandha that will not penetrate into your system and has about a zero chance of giving you any side effects.

Tags : @piec
@Clavicular
@MA_ascender
@Sapieeen
@NZb6Air

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: vernier, Disrupted Gene, Niggamaxxer and 21 others
Yeah and it turns you into an autistic freak

• Hmm...
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: kyphoscoliosis, 5'7 zoomer, ey88 and 1 other person
i'll try it didnt know about this good thread.

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Ashwagandha ain't gon do shit if you keep eating carbs

• +1
Reactions: zelkxd
Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

Good thread science nigga

• +1
Reactions: borntosuffer and 20/04/2008
no before and after pic no care
studies are just words on paper that could be random made up shit for all you know that you just have to religiously believe

• Ugh..
Reactions: NZb6Air
no before and after pic no care
studies are just words on paper that could be random made up shit for all you know that you just have to religiously believe
Nigga I’ve seen people grow their hairback on reedit using estrodiol and estriol cream
But no one would trust me and would think im joking unless i cite a study

ill do it if you show consistent results from people

ill do it if you show consistent results from people
No one i know did it exept the guys on the studies
I might write a thread about people growing hairlines using estradiol estriol spirolonactone cream

• +1
Reactions: hybobu
Ashwagandha ain't gon do shit if you keep eating carbs
I just ate a pack of cookies and I had liver, lambs heart, lamb and beef mince in the fridge

• Woah
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Jonas2k7 and wsada
Read the studies
the study is shit and biased with shit sample size and absolutely retarded results, actual hair loss reversion only happens in atleast 3 months, and those niggers have it in 70 days :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: not even minoxidil will give you those results
also its made by a company selling ksm-66 :lul:

imagine it actually worked like this, probably millions of people would be using this shit daily, yet no one gives a fuck and u cant even show 1 result

• +1
Reactions: raleqtambrobret and Soter
I like you alot, contributor badge soon ill get u it

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Jonas2k7, menas, raleqtambrobret and 5 others
the study is shit and biased with shit sample size and absolutely retarded results, actual hair loss reversion only happens in atleast 3 months, and those niggers have it in 70 days :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: not even minoxidil will give you those results

imagine it actually worked like this, probably millions of people would be using this shit daily, yet no one gives a fuck and u cant even show 1 result
If all of those study aren’t enough evidence at this point your just number one hater and your smoking crack and im gonna expose your ass
What tell you finasteride studies arent sponsored by pharmaceutical company selling fin
Anonymous

• +1
Reactions: android
If all of those study aren’t enough evidence at this point
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
nigger give me a phase 3 clinical trial that shows consistent improvement that is enough fucking evidence or atleast consistent results from people
you cant even show 1 result

• +1
Reactions: Soter
I like you alot, contributor badge soon ill get u it
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

yes lets give him contributor badge for baiting balding faggots to shower their scalp in ashwaghandha instead of getting on fin

actually mirin gatekeeping he needs one asap

• JFL
Reactions: Jonas2k7, android, wsada and 5 others
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

yes lets give him contributor badge for baiting balding faggots to shower their scalp in ashwaghandha instead of getting on fin

actually mirin gatekeeping he needs one asap
I swear im gonna expose your ass
@Clavicular

Yea i wanted to look at the bullshit study, but you alr did

No hair medicine is stronger then dht blockers , stop the cope, take FIN

• Love it
Reactions: wsada
Nigga I’ve seen people grow their hairback on reedit using estrodiol and estriol cream
But no one would trust me and would think im joking unless i cite a study
Estrodiol and estriol cream dont work, because ths main issue is dht

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7
ashwaganda isnt gonna stop dht from raping the hair follicle

finasterides purpose is 99% stop further hairloss, not regrowth

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7, |Daddy_Zygos| and Rigged
Bro the stupidity is through the roof.

@Clavicular do Verified Autist badge

• +1
Reactions: Rigged and Clavicular
What if I told you there’s a herb that’s on par with finasteride in terms of efficacy, helping with hair loss without the side effects and you don’t even have to take it orally? Let me show you.

You might be extremely aware of this herb.

It’s called Ashwagandha.

Yes, topical Ashwagandha has been shown to be extremely helpful in helping with hair regrowth.

Topical Ashwagandha for hair regrowth

A recent human study at the end of 2023 found that topical Ashwagandha was very effective at regrowing hair

To see how effective it really is, I compared it to the effectiveness of finasteride.

According to the study, they used a liquid KSM-66 extract and applied only 1-2 drops total per day.

The researchers told the research subjects to put a little bit on their hands and then apply it to their hair where they wanted regrowth. To be clear, 1-2 drops is a very, very low dose. And it was still shown to be very effective for hair loss. Now, imagine if you had to take more. It would likely be even more effective.

Ashwagandha vs finasteride for hair regrowth

Ashwagandha vs finasteride on hair density per cm2

• Finasteride: 1.3-1.9 hairs/cm2 per month. ~9.3 hairs/cm2 average hair growth seen with daily oral administration of 1 mg finasteride over a 24-week period

• Ashwagandha: 7.3 vs 2.8 hairs/cm2(placebo) after 75 days (2.9 per month).
In summary, over the period of 1 month, finasteride increased 1.3-1.9 hairs/cm2 per month, whereas topical Ashwagandha was 2.9 hairs/cm2 per month. That’s much better if you ask me.

Ashwagandha vs finasteride on hair thickness

• Finasteride (5mg): increased hair thickness from 64 to 70 (6μm) after 12 months (0.5μm per month)

• Ashwagandha: 1.8 vs 0.9μm (0.72μm per month)
In summary, over the period of 1 month, Ashwagandha was better than fin, coming in at 0.72μm/m vs 0.5μm/m.

Hair growth speed

I couldn’t find anything on finasteride here. But hair growth speed was 21.7 vs 4.2μm/day. About 5 times faster than the placebo group.

How does topical Ashwagandha work for hair loss?

Why does Ashwagandha work?

Ashwagandha has been shown to :

Efficacy and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Ashwagandha Sustained-Release Formulation on Depression and Anxiety Induced by Chronic Unpredictable Stress: in vivo and in vitro Studies - PMC

• reduce inflammation in the scalp
  • increase nitric oxide and improve blood flow
  • increase IGF 1 and or other growth factors
  • promote the increased production of old stem cells. So that stem cells can be converted into new hair follicles for you to be able to grow new hair.

Summary

I think if you want to use something for hair without the side effects of finasteride, which is going to cause mental, physical and sexual side effects, rather use topical ashwagandha that will not penetrate into your system and has about a zero chance of giving you any side effects.

Tags : @piec
@Clavicular
@MA_ascender
@Sapieeen
@NZb6Air
Sad post, ash cant target AGA it has no molecular affinity for neither 5ar enzyme or AR, the 2023 study only showed an increase at the start in hair metrics, the affect seen is cause by withaferin As affect on NO synthesis this still lacks anything to distrupt AR driven cascades, fin working long term is obviously caused by DHT reduction. The topical increasing dose thing is also stupid, topical works by modulating locally has no interaction to skull DHT as ive said already withanolides in ash dont have any affinity for 5ar or AR. For the density any gain from ash wont be sustainable since it only derives from perfusion. IGF and stem cell could help hair growth but in AGA, DHT is the main factor

Reading this post was really dissapointing comparing it to minox wouldve made more sense since they actually work similarly and even then its nowhere near as good

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7, Soter and Sapieeen

^^^^^
Uncs right

Sad post, ash cant target AGA it has no molecular affinity for neither 5ar enzyme or AR, the 2023 study only showed an increase at the start in hair metrics, the affect seen is cause by withaferin As affect on NO synthesis this still lacks anything to distrupt AR driven cascades, fin working long term is obviously caused by DHT reduction. The topical increasing dose thing is also stupid, topical works by modulating locally has no interaction to skull DHT as ive said already withanolides in ash dont have any affinity for 5ar or AR. For the density any gain from ash wont be sustainable since it only derives from perfusion. IGF and stem cell could help hair growth but in AGA, DHT is the main factor

Reading this post was really dissapointing comparing it to minox wouldve made more sense since they actually work similarly and even then its nowhere near as good
Chat gpt should get paid overtime at this point @Dyorotic

• JFL
Reactions: Jonas2k7, android, Dyorotic and 1 other person
Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7, android, Sapieeen and 1 other person

Nigga I’ll argue if dht block works
is because of the increase in estrogen
Heck dht is shown to promote hair growth
Its just a ton of undirect effect of dht that cause hairloss
You can even see hypogonadal cuks having hairloss so stop coping about dht
Also what do you think about pepermint oil
I mean i used minoxidil for a while and i feel like the skin is my scalp turn to shit because of it and their is study showing permint oil is comparable to minox

• +1

Nigga im still waiting for your reply are you talking yo talk gpt rated fuck

• JFL
Reactions: Jonas2k7, android and NZb6Air
I've been taking both for like 3 yrs

I read that aswaganda may lower dht on the scalp and lowers inflammation as well. I just ordered a bottle off amazon! Minox also lowers dht on the scalp.

You got the holy trinity of overconfident low iq retards in the replies 🤢, put them on ignore imo

keep going but don't use chat gpt again

i'm gonna try clobetasol personally, works thru immunomodulation which is what they suspected ashwa to be doing but mildly

I'm conjecturing i got alopecia areata atm since i got some discolored hairs and diffuse thinning

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Jonas2k7, 20/04/2008, raleqtambrobret and 1 other person

Yes the ashwaganda liquid is probably closer in effectiveness to minox then fin.

• +1
Reactions: Rigged
Nigga I’ll argue if dht block works
is because of the increase in estrogen
Hair in AGA has higher AR sensitivity to DHT its not cause of the increase in estrogen, estrogen increase from DHT is indirect
Heck dht is shown to promote hair growth
Its just a ton of undirect effect of dht that cause hairloss
You can even see hypogonadal cuks having hairloss so stop coping about dht
Thats from other hormonal dysregulations if u have upregulated AR sensitivity even low dht would cause hairloss
Also what do you think about pepermint oil
I mean i used minoxidil for a while and i feel like the skin is my scalp turn to shit because of it and their is study showing permint oil is comparable to minox
Minox increases the length of the anagen phase, pepermint at best just makes ur scalp healthier

• +1
Reactions: Sapieeen
Hair in AGA has higher AR sensitivity to DHT its not cause of the increase in estrogen, estrogen increase from DHT is indirect

Thats from other hormonal dysregulations if u have upregulated AR sensitivity even low dht would cause hairloss

Minox increases the length of the anagen phase, pepermint at best just makes ur scalp healthier
Then explain why serms cause hairloss then
You can take nolva and fin an youll get hairloss

I was at a party, try going out sometimes its fun
@NZb6Air
@MA_ascender
@Sapieeen
Daba had 9lawi kays7bni fiya tawa7od
Golo li7 3la naxat li kayn fma3rib
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Nigga you know nothing about me

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jonas2k7, NZb6Air and MA_ascender
@NZb6Air
@MA_ascender
@Sapieeen
Daba had 9lawi kays7bni fiya tawa7od
Golo li7 3la naxat li kayn fma3rib
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Nigga you know nothing about me
An animal with an alkaloid type that causes autism
A tour of Next to me in Arabic

or something

• JFL
Reactions: android
An animal with an alkaloid type that causes autism
A tour of Next to me in Arabic

or something
Nigga you know im only nice to you because of your life circumstances your life i already shitty and you use org to confort yourself i swear disrespect me again and I’ll make the illusion that is org hell for you I’ll be dissing yourr ass like their is no tomorrow
Like nigga once someone is nice with your ass you befriend them not make fun of them whenever you can because of the lack of information you provide and your need for reps

• So Sad
@Jonas2k7 im joking nigga

• JFL
I prepared an essay nigga

I only google translated your text :feelswah:
You can’t google transalte our language
That shit is harder than mandarin
Every 2 weeks word are created
Ask
@MA_ascender

• +1
Then explain why serms cause hairloss then
You can take nolva and fin an youll get hairloss
Affects AR sensitivity, even if u take fin heightened AR expression would make ur hair way more sensitive to dht