ASIATIC doctor claims he has a new invention which fixes facial asymmetry

spark

spark

Kraken
Already mentioned in the past by makinithappen. Some Korean guy who claims he can fix facial asymmetry.

@noprogressno

Do you guys think the guy is for real? Is there any other way to fix asymmetry without traveling to Korea?

• +1
Reactions: metagross
Can't see the post

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend and spark
Facebook post no longer available.

So he was lying, brilliant :lul:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 17291 and Deleted member 16834
Facebook post no longer available.

So he was lying, brilliant :lul:
the second post is still up you can click on his profile he has got like a dozen posts there ffs

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 16834
Well unlike my opinions about other things like maxillary protraction, I think the way someone bites could affect the tilting of maxilla. Thats because with protraction devices you can only load force up to a certain amount. Tongue as well, which is one of the strongest muscles, can only exert up to 500g. Unlike those, the jaw is able to exert up to 125kg of force and maybe even more. With each biting average male registers around 70 kg of force and average female registers around 50kg of force. Thats a lot of force even for the average values. It cannot be ignored even for adults. Even when someones jaw is at a relaxed position with their teeth touching each other, as long as they have correct occlusion, they are creating a significant amount of force which in my opinion cannot be ignored. So IMO, it could indeed influence the remodelling of maxilla in the direction the lower jaw exerts its force onto. However, even if the maxilla is tilted, the gap between the sutures just won't stay the way in the picture on an adult. It will fill in, and even if its only a representation I highly doubt that an adult person could have such a big gap between the zygomaxillary sutures. I highly doubt there would be a slightest gap to be honest. On top of that as far as I understood from the post, he is suggesting to create a thinner part of the splint on the side of the maxilla that descented, and a thicker part of the splint on the side of the maxilla that got elevated. Which I really cant register in my mind. Wouldn't that just make things even worse?
Splint
Because I am thinking that it would just create more force on the part of the maxilla that got elevated and less force on the part of the maxilla that descended, because thats not the way the jaw usually bites. I really think this wouldn't fix anything, and I even think that it could make the tilting even worse. Take this picture for example:
Tilted maxilla and jaw
Tilted maxilla and jaw 2
As you can see usually people who have tilted maxillas have tilted lower jaw as well. In my opinion thats because both lower jaw and upper jaw starts to adjust, since the force jaw exerts everyday is a big force, so it could indeed influence it. Now if you put a splint like the doctor is describing in the post:
Tilted maxilla and jaw 3
In my opinion it would actually create more force on the elevated side of the maxilla and less force on the descended side of the maxilla which could make things even worse.(Yes, it would influence the lower jaw with the correct forces, but at the same time it would influence the maxilla for worse)
So in conclusion: I believe his claim of ''correcting the twisting by applying more force onto the side of the maxilla that has already got elevated because of more force, and less force on the part of the maxilla that got descended because of the low force'' is nothing different than the following claims: ''The DNA applience activates a persons naturally ocurring genes by pressing on some mysterious areas of the teeth!'' ''The alf appliance expands the palate sagitally and transversally by applying force onto some magical areas that triggers a special process even for adults!'' ''AGGA/FAGGA apliances push the actual bone forward, giving forward growth results even on adults!'' etc etc...
However I can understand where this idea is rooted from(because the appliance actually puts force on the lower jaw correct way). But really, he is just conflicting with himself if he is completely scraping away the force that is exerted onto maxilla, as his claim is that the splint fixes not only the slanting of the mandible, but also maxilla as well. Regardless, I think it is an idea that shouldn't be completely scrapped away, but it needs changes....

Well unlike my opinions about other things like maxillary protraction, I think the way someone bites could affect the tilting of maxilla. Thats because with protraction devices you can only load force up to a certain amount. Tongue as well, which is one of the strongest muscles, can only exert up to 500g. Unlike those, the jaw is able to exert up to 125kg of force and maybe even more. With each biting average male registers around 70 kg of force and average female registers around 50kg of force. Thats a lot of force even for the average values. It cannot be ignored even for adults. Even when someones jaw is at a relaxed position with their teeth touching each other, as long as they have correct occlusion, they are creating a significant amount of force which in my opinion cannot be ignored. So IMO, it could indeed influence the remodelling of maxilla in the direction the lower jaw exerts its force onto. However, even if the maxilla is tilted, the gap between the sutures just won't stay the way in the picture on an adult. It will fill in, and even if its only a representation I highly doubt that an adult person could have such a big gap between the zygomaxillary sutures. I highly doubt there would be a slightest gap to be honest. On top of that as far as I understood from the post, he is suggesting to create a thinner part of the splint on the side of the maxilla that descented, and a thicker part of the splint on the side of the maxilla that got elevated. Which I really cant register in my mind. Wouldn't that just make things even worse?
View attachment 1516548 Because I am thinking that it would just create more force on the part of the maxilla that got elevated and less force on the part of the maxilla that descended, because thats not the way the jaw usually bites. I really think this wouldn't fix anything, and I even think that it could make the tilting even worse. Take this picture for example:
View attachment 1516556View attachment 1516557 As you can see usually people who have tilted maxillas have tilted lower jaw as well. In my opinion thats because both lower jaw and upper jaw starts to adjust, since the force jaw exerts everyday is a big force, so it could indeed influence it. Now if you put a splint like the doctor is describing in the post:
View attachment 1516567In my opinion it would actually create more force on the elevated side of the maxilla and less force on the descended side of the maxilla which could make things even worse.(Yes, it would influence the lower jaw with the correct forces, but at the same time it would influence the maxilla for worse)
So in conclusion: I believe his claim of ''correcting the twisting by applying more force onto the side of the maxilla that has already got elevated because of more force, and less force on the part of the maxilla that got descended because of the low force'' is nothing different than the following claims: ''The DNA applience activates a persons naturally ocurring genes by pressing on some mysterious areas of the teeth!'' ''The alf appliance expands the palate sagitally and transversally by applying force onto some magical areas that triggers a special process even for adults!'' ''AGGA/FAGGA apliances push the actual bone forward, giving forward growth results even on adults!'' etc etc...
However I can understand where this idea is rooted from(because the appliance actually puts force on the lower jaw correct way). But really, he is just conflicting with himself if he is completely scraping away the force that is exerted onto maxilla, as his claim is that the splint fixes not only the slanting of the mandible, but also maxilla as well. Regardless, I think it is an idea that shouldn't be completely scrapped away, but it needs changes....
Yeah his posts are quite chaotic good thing is he actually answers everyone's questions on facebook.