Available surgeries for scleral show and poor under eye support

Aetheling

Aetheling

Iron
My under eye support is trash and causes my lower eyelid to sag down and cause scleral show. What are the surgical options available for this?

Saddled infraorbital implants, fat grafts, canthoplasty and canthopexy

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Aetheling and NoPainNoChick
People here say i have shit undereye support and it really is dark underye, but i dont have scleral show, i wonder why this happens

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
People here say i have shit undereye support and it really is dark underye, but i dont have scleral show, i wonder why this happens
Same for me, it’s a two part problem. It has to do with lack of fat in the area, and poor zygomatic bone development.

So your lower orbital rim is more developed compared to the area directly below it.

You can see the opposite issue happen when guys get infraorbital implants with no saddle and a discrepancy is created between their zygos and lower orbital rim since with no saddle the orbital rim stays recessed while the zygos are given anterior projection.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Lower eyelid retraction if no saddle?
Yes, fat grafts can help a little bit but the only real ways to improve under-eye support/get rid of scleral show is to either improve the bone structure for better support or to manipulate the soft tissue directly.

Same for me, it’s a two part problem. It has to do with lack of fat in the area, and poor zygomatic bone development.

So your lower orbital rim is more developed compared to the area directly below it.

You can see the opposite issue happen when guys get infraorbital implants with no saddle and a discrepancy is created between their zygos and lower orbital rim since with no saddle the orbital rim stays recessed while the zygos are given anterior projection.
could you draw in this pic
so it becomes more clear what u talking about?

i legit didnt understood

i legit didnt understood
You see the border of the bone of your eye socket, that part is developed enough so that your lower eye lid doesn’t sag but the part directly below it which is part of the zygomatic region if it isn’t projected enough the soft tissue and fat will be positioned lower on the face.
B3D6043D 1E34 4A72 AA08 CB781A1DC8EC
In this example the infraorbital implant improves the bone structure which leads to better positioning of fatpads.
lack of fat in the area is what causes the dark circles since the skin exposes the blood and muscle which is naturally dark in colour

And you can see here what I mean by “saddled” implants, the implant on top would be considered saddled since it directly augments the infraorbital rim. A saddled infraorbital implant would both augment the rim and infraorbital-malar area.

• +1
Reactions: Whatashame
You see the border of the bone of your eye socket, that part is developed enough so that your lower eye lid doesn’t sag but the part directly below it which is part of the zygomatic region if it isn’t projected enough the soft tissue and fat will be positioned lower on the face.
View attachment 2130560
In this example the infraorbital implant improves the bone structure which leads to better positioning of fatpads.
lack of fat in the area is what causes the dark circles since the skin exposes the blood and muscle which is naturally dark in colour

And you can see here what I mean by “saddled” implants, the implant on top would be considered saddled since it directly augments the infraorbital rim. A saddled infraorbital implant would both augment the rim and infraorbital-malar area.
View attachment 2130554
got it, but what do you think would cause to the border of the eye socket so be projected and the part below it dont?

• +1
got it, but what do you think would cause to the border of the eye socket so be projected and the part below it dont?
I don’t know tbh, it’s just odd development. I have the same issue, my zygomatic region lacks anterior(forward) projection but I have very wide zygos and decent rim development.

And my right undereye is specifically worse compared to my left and when looking at my scans the difference in bone development is evident. The reason this happened is because I
broke a tooth on the right side of my mouth when I was 15 and chewed only on my left side for the better part of a year.

I already knew I had an asymmetry because I could directly feel the difference when touching my bone and because my left eye has better canthal tilt than my right.

I don’t know tbh, it’s just odd development. I have the same issue, my zygomatic region lacks anterior(forward) projection but I have very wide zygos and decent rim development.

And my right undereye is specifically worse compared to my left and when looking at my scans the difference in bone development is evident. The reason this happened is because I
broke a tooth on the right side of my mouth when I was 15 and chewed only on my left side for the better part of a year.

I already knew I had an asymmetry because I could directly feel the difference when touching my bone and because my left eye has better canthal tilt than my right.
i think there is a lot of genetic in the underye area, because when you look at indians for example everyone there have. Also, people who have bad undereye area normally have it since birth.

• +1
i think there is a lot of genetic in the underye area, because when you look at indians for example everyone there have. Also, people who have bad undereye area normally have it since birth.
Yeah that’s true as well