“Balanced facial thirds” is BS and subhuman

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
You’ve probably heard of “balanced facial thirds” theory:
  • Upper third: hairline to eyebrows — 33% of total face height
  • Middle third: eyebrows to subnasale — 33%
  • Lower third: subnasale to chin — 33%
According to bluepilled sources of information, having facial thirds that are equal in height results in facial harmony.

The problem is, “balanced facial thirds” theory is for females. These same proportions don’t work for male faces.

The ideal ratios for masculine faces, in my opinion, are as follows:
  • Upper section — 25%
  • Middle section — 30%
  • Lower section — 45% (philtrum same length as in 33% lower third; chin length bigger)
C10DE9E6 FF89 4411 89DC 3608004B5BC9

This illustration I created compares the two sets of facial proportions. The face on the left is divided vertically into equal thirds, and the face on the right is divided vertically according to the 25–30–45 rule of facial masculinity. The “balanced thirds” face has an oversized forehead and a deficient chin, while the right face looks much more robust and dimorphic.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 50702, reptiles, AscendingHero and 10 others
If someone had the lower third proportions of the guy on the right IRL they would look retarded. You would at least need a taller forehead to balance it out.

Mirin your drawing skills though ngl

• +1
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, AscendingHero, hahalol123 and 10 others
interesting hypothesis but I think the longer lower third already give illusion to shorter upper and mid (that's why aesthetic value are so sensitive, it easily give illusion to other parts), so I would say 30 30 40 is good

• +1
Reactions: A L P H A M A L E and thecel
Lower third: 7 cm
Middle: 6,5 cm
Upper: 6 cm

Lifuel tbh ngl

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Chadeep and thecel
If someone had the lower third proportions of the guy on the right IRL they would look retarded. You would at least need a taller forehead to balance it out.

Mirin your drawing skills though ngl

Women don’t care about intelligence, so you wanna have as short of a forehead as humanly possible. Just neanderthalmax, bro

/s

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003
According to bluepilled sources of information, having facial thirds that are equal in height results in facial harmony.

The problem is, “balanced facial thirds” theory is for females. These same proportions don’t work for male faces.

• Upper section — 25%
  • Middle section — 30%
  • Lower section — 45% (philtrum same length as in 33% lower third; chin length bigger)
View attachment 428988

This illustration I created compares the two sets of facial proportions. The face on the left is divided vertically into equal thirds, and the face on the right is divided vertically according to the 25–30–45 rule of facial masculinity. The “balanced thirds” face has an oversized forehead and a deficient chin, while the right face looks much more robust and dimorphic.
the chin to philtrum ratio on the right is 3.6

I would say a better chin to philtrum ratio on men is 2.5 to 3, depending on your facial harmony.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and thecel
7BA5C7E8 9341 4AFD BD80 1878B78AF09F

Example (forehead slightly taller than ideal, but great lower third size)

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, AscendingHero, lemonnz and 2 others
Cope he just looks weird because his face is shaped like this

Trapez noun 002 38824

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
yes ive always thought this too, that upper third should be smaller

• +1
Imo lower third should be only slightly longer than the other two thirds with them being equal

• +1

it should be:
  • Upper section — 30%
  • Middle section — 25%
  • Lower section — 45%
big forehead is fine, midface should be smaller

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel and LowInhibIncel
@thecel my lower and upper thirds are equal, but my middle is much shorter than both.

• +1

• Upper section — 25%
  • Middle section — 30%
View attachment 428988

Mine are:
upper section: 28%
middle section: 33%
lower section: 37%

Philtrum is 45% of chin

Bimax would give chin height + reduce midface ratio, not sure by how much.

• Woah
Bascially, very masculine thirds become proportionally greater starting from the top third; masculine faces tend to have shorter, maybe sloped foreheads, and tall chins which tall chins are agreed to be a physically masculine trait.

• +1
Autist

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5 and thecel