Balding genes

Deleted member 11748

Deleted member 11748

quapa sleyer
My dad is bald (only him, his brothers seem unaffected), also my mum is Asian, and we all know what that means. What are my odds of going bald before 40?

No one here can tell you. You could do a DNA test and they'll tell you if you have balding genetics or not I believe. Pretty sure a dermatologist could tell you as well and assess your risk for MPB.

To be on the safe side, just hop on finasteride past 25.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090, WadlowMaxxing, Hightwolf and 2 others
No one here can tell you. You could do a DNA test and they'll tell you if you have balding genetics or not I believe. Pretty sure a dermatologist could tell you as well and assess your risk for MPB.

To be on the safe side, just hop on finasteride past 25.
I'll keep that in mind

Hair line + forehead size
The hairline is obvious. People with a large, round forehead almost always go bald.

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, mikeock and Deleted member 10524
Hair line + forehead size
The hairline is obvious. People with a large, round forehead almost always go bald.
Seems like bro science tbh, but I don't match those criteria anyway

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4106
Dn rd take finasteride + dutasteride if you are over 20 don't be a wuss

Seems like bro science tbh, but I don't match those criteria anyway

Consider that if your dad took bad care of his hair or did anything that might induce hair loss than it could be explained by non genetic factors.
Regardless it seems you have a good chance of lasting, but just be wary and take precautions like others here have said. Make sure you take care of your hair too.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 11748
If widows peak appears, you have the genre and need to start sorting it out asap. If widows peak doesn't appear, you are safe

Consider that if your dad took bad care of his hair or did anything that might induce hair loss than it could be explained by non genetic factors.
Regardless it seems you have a good chance of lasting, but just be wary and take precautions like others here have said. Make sure you take care of your hair too.
ok

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf
Going bald having asian blood is quite sad init m8

This is a silly question. No one can guess. And even if you knew the odds, it would change nothing.

You should no try to comfort yourself. You risk denying your baldness and act too late. Take pictures of your frontline every month and take fin as soon as you notice it's receding.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
This is a silly question. No one can guess. And even if you knew the odds, it would change nothing.

You should no try to comfort yourself. You risk denying your baldness and act too late. Take pictures of your frontline every month and take fin as soon as you notice it's receding.
Yes

YES