Balding is basically a lack of blood flow to the follicles

Mirin your threads hard

• +1
Reactions: BPDexhead, CursedOne, forwardgrowth and 2 others
Slap ur head for increased blood flow theory?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, GordonFreeman, diggbicc and 4 others
To the norwoodcels, shaving your head may sound like a :bluepill: meme, but it can actually work if you look decent (no, you don't have to be a masculine gigachad to pull it off, just don't look effeminate or have an egg-shaped head). It will however limit you to a particular niche of women.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2933, Mediocre Normalfag, Administrator and 2 others
To the norwoodcels, it can actually work if you look decent (... just don't look effeminate or have an egg-shaped head).
Keywords

• +1
Reactions: Dicklet.4.3, IndianJock, Deleted member 3202 and 1 other person
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: lepo2317, balding17yomanletcel, BigBoy and 2 others
Thats why my hair thins out when takins stims (coffee,noctin,ritalin...)

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, shimada and CupOfCoffee
Women over 30 lmao.
I'm 21 bitch
I've gotten women when I was 16 with almost a completely shaved head. Some jbs dig the look, most don't.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mediocre Normalfag, RAITEIII and IndianJock
Just put menthol on scalp theory

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
@Rob Paul'sHeight this is Ray Peat’s theory right?

Do you think scalp PRP injections would help?

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
@Rob Paul'sHeight this is Ray Peat’s theory right?
Idk.

It's something I found on Lookism.net

scalp PRP injections
YES.
PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for hair loss is a three-step medical treatment in which a person's blood is drawn, processed, and then injected into the scalp. ... However, PRP therapy has been in use since the 1980s. It's been used for problems such as healing injured tendons, ligaments, and muscles.

• +1
Reactions: Hades, Deleted member 2227 and IndianJock
Norwooding is not always a death sentence though

1meeks
Freddie

How does DHT play into this?

To the norwoodcels, shaving your head may sound like a :bluepill: meme, but it can actually work if you look decent (no, you don't have to be a masculine gigachad to pull it off, just don't look effeminate or have an egg-shaped head). It will however limit you to a particular niche of women.
It's bluepilled meme ded srs ngl not trying to add any cope to my life

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Deleted member 2227
@Rob Paul'sHeight will be the new Messiah for Looksmax.me, it's a new era.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and forwardgrowth
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Deleted member 2227
DHT won't do shit

as long as you have sufficient blood supply.
So the lack of blood-flow causes the hair follicles to die? Why do hair transplants work if the problem is the blood flow to that region then?

The theory I had heard that the lost hair follices are DHT sensitive and thus shrink

• +1
Reactions: Mediocre Normalfag
So the lack of blood flow causes the hair follicles to die? Why do hair transplants work if the problem is the blood flow to that region then?

The theory I had heard that the lost hair follicles are DHT sensitive and thus shrink
Don't know anything about hair transplant.

It's complicated.

So the lack of blood-flow causes the hair follicles to die? Why do hair transplants work if the problem is the blood flow to that region then?
DHT and other androgens bind to the follicles and over time, this blocks the follicles from getting key nutrients to keep growing, and they die slowly (ie thinning) until there's just not enough nutrients to sustain it anymore. Blood flow contributes to how fast this happens but it's not the underlying cause of MPB.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Mediocre Normalfag, IndianJock, Deleted member 3202 and 1 other person
I haven’t read up much on the “lack of blood flow” theory but what seems to back it up are those before and afters with people who would micro needle their scalps and get very impressive hair growth; combining the micro needling with minoxidil provided even better results.

HOWEVER, it seems to me that if this theory were 100% true, then logically all hair transplants should almost entirely reverse and fail over time, since the root cause (lack of blood flow to the scalp) isn’t addressed by transplanting new hairs there.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: IndianJock and Deleted member 1973
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Wannabe6ft2 and IndianJock
Vasoconstriction?
Yeah, basically my hair starts to thin out all over my head, when im off them my hair basically grows back quickly. Gonna stop taking ritalin for that reason.

Yeah, basically my hair starts to thin out all over my head, when im off them my hair basically grows back quickly. Gonna stop taking ritalin for that reason.
How old are you?

Nah I love stims too much. Gonna try vyvanse and adderall next semester tbh

it's not a death sentence to like 1% of men who have insane bones like meeks. It's a death sentence for the other 99% of men.
All you have to have is a very good jawline and decent eye area (note I said decent, not extravagant). The examples I listed are a bit insane, but the second one is probably more realistic.

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock
All you have to have is a very good jawline and decent eye area (note I said decent, not extravagant). The examples I listed are a bit insane, but the second one is probably more realistic.
yeah, but you have to constantly be in a certain body fat range to maintain facial definition or it's over, people with hair can get away with getting a bit bloated.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and IndianJock
DHT and other androgens bind to the follicles and over time, this blocks the follicles from getting key nutrients to keep growing, and they die slowly (ie thinning) until there's just not enough nutrients to sustain it anymore. Blood flow contributes to how fast this happens but it's not the underlying cause of MPB.
Ah so part of male pattern baldness is just caused by hair follicles being receptive to DHT? Then why doesn't all the hair fall out at once. Is it that certain follicles are less sensitive and thus require more DHT to be completely minituarized?

Know it sounds complicated, but what if someone developed a a molecule that could bind to the DHT receptors in the hair (but only there), but was still able to let nutrients pass through. So that way the DHT doesn't bind to the hair follicles and fuck them
Ye and you can fraud the jaw with a beard to a certain extent

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
yeah, but you have to constantly be in a certain body fat range to maintain facial definition or it's over, people with hair can get away with getting a bit bloated.
Hey, at least it keeps you from slacking off.

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
Ah so part of male pattern baldness is just caused by hair follicles being receptive to DHT? Then why doesn't all the hair fall out at once. Is it that certain follicles are less sensitive and thus require more DHT to be completely minituarized?

Know it sounds complicated, but what if someone developed a a molecule that could bind to the DHT receptors in the hair (but only there), but was still able to let nutrients pass through. So that way the DHT doesn't bind to the hair follicles and fuck them

Ye and you can fraud the jaw with a beard to a certain extent
If you're bald, clean shaven is usually not a good idea, maybe stubble if you look masculine enough to pull it off. I had this though (not fully bald):

I had way less hair than this though (I also had a moustache with it).

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Wannabe6ft2 and Deleted member 1973
If you're bald, clean-shaven is usually not a good idea, maybe stubble if you look masculine enough to pull it off. I had this thought (not fully bald):

View attachment 195450
I had way less hair than this though (I also had a moustache with it).
1576557276664-png.195450
1576557276664-png.195450
1576557276664-png.195450

• +1
Reactions: balding17yomanletcel
Hey, at least it keeps you from slacking off.

Lmao you’d have an internal gradient scale in your head of how much of an egg you look like, depending on the weight you’ve gained.

Jason Statham on one end and Steve Ballmer on the other:lul:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Deleted member 3202
Yeah it's patterned, some follicles are more sensitive so they'll thin out faster, followed by the rest. And that pattern is genetic as well, some guys will just get diffuse thinning all over the scalp and some will get hairline recession that keeps going back. And some guys get a receded hairline but it stays that way for a decade or more cuz the other follicles are much less sensitive to androgens etc. It's very individual and genetic lottery kind of stuff

Now we're entering high IQ territory, that sounds interesting. Topical anti-androgens kill the androgens (I think) rather than binding to the receptors. I'm not sure about the mechanism by which RU58841 or CB0301 blocks androgens tbh

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock and Deleted member 3202
Yeah it's patterned, some follicles are more sensitive so they'll thin out faster, followed by the rest. And that pattern is genetic as well, some guys will just get diffuse thinning all over the scalp and some will get hairline recession that keeps going back. And some guys get a receded hairline but it stays that way for a decade or more cuz the other follicles are much less sensitive to androgens etc. It's very individual and genetic lottery kind of stuff

Now we're entering high IQ territory, that sounds interesting. Topical anti-androgens kill the androgens (I think) rather than binding to the receptors. I'm not sure about the mechanism by which RU58841 or CB0301 blocks androgens tbh

I guess if we understand what exactly sensitivity means, i.e: why does DHT bind to these hair follicles (is it amount of receptors? But then why are these DHT receptors interfering with nutrient flow), then we can come up with a cure, by making hair follicles completely in-sensitive to DHT.

The Fake DHT I talked about is one way, maybe another way is cloned versions of healthy hair follicles (ones without DHT sensitivity) and then using those for the hair transplant.

I may do some more research into how exactly balding works, but out of curiosity do you have a good in-depth understanding of the topic or know a good resource?

The cure to balding is big money in general though...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
I guess if we understand what exactly sensitivity means, i.e: why does DHT bind to these hair follicles (is it amount of receptors? But then why are these DHT receptors interfering with nutrient flow), then we can come up with a cure, by making hair follicles completely in-sensitive to DHT.

I may do some more research into how exactly balding works, but out of curiosity do you have a good in-depth understanding of the topic or know a good resource?

The cure to balding is big money in general though...
I only have a basic understanding which I outlined. Moreplatesmoredates is a good resource on the topic, also Kevin Mann on YT has lots of anti-balding videos

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 3202 and IndianJock
I'm extremly convinced blood flow has something to do with it.

I notice how my scalp on the sides is totally different than the rock i have on top. I can even feel it tbh.

Something is going on there but I still haven't researched so much.

About PRP I read it can regrow your hair as long as you didn't lose it before 5 years lol.

RU works exactly like that lol

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
Just scratch your head until it bleeds theory

18 man
Also did happened when I was 15/16 didnt knew it was due Ritalin back then
Try shaving your head and see how you look, if you look subhuman, then regrow it. Whatever you do, don't hop on fin until you are done growing.

• Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 3202 and Deleted member 1973
Topical anti-androgens kill the androgens (I think) rather than binding to the receptors. I'm not sure about the mechanism by which RU58841 or CB0301 blocks androgens tbh

They bind directly to the androgen receptor. Basically, they are molecules that are similar enough to DHT so they bind to the receptor, but different enough so they don't activate the cascade that androgens do.

About OP - this study is from 1989, with 14 participants and hasn't been replicated afaik. Also, practice shows that PRP and head massages don't really lead to any cosmetically relevant changes. Microneedling is supposed to work through a different mechanism.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: CupOfCoffee, Deleted member 3202 and Deleted member 1973