Band workouts giving me pain?

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
Been using bands all of qurantine but now i have got a nasty tearing sensation in my bicep tendon (not good) just from high repetition curls and pullups.
Never had this bullshit with weights and I wanted big arms ffs.

Are the hyperspeed eccentrics of bands fucking me up or is it something else?

most likely your muscles are tight af and not the optimal length(too short)
luckily this is not genetic and fixable, you need to stretch them and then strengthen them.
if you have bad upper body posture, you are most likely to have tight chest, neck and bicep muscles that you need to stretch

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
most likely your muscles are tight af and not the optimal length(too short)
luckily this is not genetic and fixable, you need to stretch them and then strengthen them.
if you have bad upper body posture, you are most likely to have tight chest, neck and bicep muscles that you need to stretch
I doubt its anything to do with posture I have been training for 3 years.

stop using those cope low T workouts. Do barbell rows and presses for actual gains. good luck.

I doubt its anything to do with posture I have been training for 3 years.
doesn't mean you can't have tight muscles, most workouts are basically muscle contractions that have a net effect of shortening muscles(very small amount).
You need to stretch the muscle beyond the default range of motion(only a little) to make sure that the muscle is slightly elongated and in harmony. Btw in your pics you look slightly asymmetric when posing.

Not everyones gyms are open faggot.
thats why you should have started with the high T weightlifting before the pandemic you faggot so you bought the equipment from amazon beforehand

doesn't mean you can't have tight muscles, most workouts are basically muscle contractions that have a net effect of shortening muscles(very small amount).
You need to stretch the muscle beyond the default range of motion(only a little) to make sure that the muscle is slightly elongated and in harmony. Btw in your pics you look slightly asymmetric when posing.
I thought stretching out the bicep or the bicep tendon was dangerous?
Like I don't think it should be stretched under tension if I am not mistaken.
Isn't that the very reason they tear on deadlifts?

If you have really tight muscles they will tear on heavy loaded exercises, idk what stretches you are talking abput, but I am talking about simple ones.

I noticed my chest and biceps were really tight, I stretched them between a doorway using static stretches, they aren't supposed to be painful, just a gentle pressure. I noticed I could stand with more squared shoulders.

• +1
They tear on deadlifts due to the jerking motion and uneven weight distribution (mixed grip). The overspeed eccentrics on bands will actually hypertrophy and strengthen connective tissues. This pain is probably due to that. Tendons repair and hypertrophy slower than muscles which is why 90% of bicep tears happen to roiders as their muscle growth has outpaced their tendinous hypertrophy.

• +1
Reactions: diggbicc
If you have really tight muscles they will tear on heavy loaded exercises, idk what stretches you are talking abput, but I am talking about simple ones.

I noticed my chest and biceps were really tight, I stretched them between a doorway using static stretches, they aren't supposed to be painful, just a gentle pressure. I noticed I could stand with more squared shoulders.
They tear on deadlifts due to the jerking motion and uneven weight distribution (mixed grip). The overspeed eccentrics on bands will actually hypertrophy and strengthen connective tissues. This pain is probably due to that. Tendons repair and hypertrophy slower than muscles which is why 90% of bicep tears happen to roiders as their muscle growth has outpaced their tendinous hypertrophy.
I guess I will take afew days off and focus on stretching and CI work

• +1
Reactions: JizzFarmer
I guess I will take afew days off and focus on stretching and CI work
Btw you have an extremely good physique for your age. What was your training/diet pre corona?

• +1
Btw you have an extremely good physique for your age. What was your training/diet pre corona?
Split.
Upper/Lower/Rest
Diet just whatever my family eats for food lol. aimed for a 100-200 calorie surplus (didn't track macros)
I tried adding eggwhites whenever I could.
Cardio 4-5x per week.

• +1
Reactions: JizzFarmer
Split.
Upper/Lower/Rest
Diet just whatever my family eats for food lol. aimed for a 100-200 calorie surplus (didn't track macros)
I tried adding eggwhites whenever I could.
Cardio 4-5x per week.
Was it mainly curry or western diet?

If you do too many contraction based exercises you may have imbalanced muscles that can give you muscular compensations elsewhere that will cause pain/discomfort.
Somewhat unrelated but see this

Was it mainly curry or western diet?
Mainly curry.
Looks something like this

Morning
Coffee
+ Oats or Empty stomach

Morning tea/snack
- 2 bananas 1 mandarin + nut bar

Lunch
-Some sort of sandwich either cheese or chicken with avocados and cucumbers or a curry vege wrap

Afternoon
Curry+riceor roti wrap

Dinner
Curry + rice with beans and yogurt
or Curry + rice with chicken
occasionally ill have roast chicken with potatoes for dinner

Snacks
Bananas ( I average 4-5 a day)
Sometimes a protein shake if I go gym on the day (just for convenience)
Egg whites and/or toast +almond butter (use peanut im allergic tho) before bed.
If you do too many contraction based exercises you may have imbalanced muscles that can give you muscular compensations elsewhere that will cause pain/discomfort.
Somewhat unrelated but see this
You're actually right
My chiro said I had a slight hip and thus spine imbalance due to a few operations a had years ago.
I should probably stretch out and go for runs for now
Thanks for reminding me.