basketball is the best team sport for u brahs to play

• +1
Reactions: WatermelonLover, murdah and SecularIslamist
  • JFL
Reactions: murdah
Fun to play as an amateur but it's literally almost impossible to make it to the NBA. Stephen Curry is 6ft 3 and he is considered one of the "smaller" guys.

• +1
Reactions: murdah
Fun to play as an amateur but it's literally almost impossible to make it to the NBA. Stephen Curry is 6ft 3 and he is considered one of the "smaller" guys.
I consider it way more difficult than football

Basketball requires real skill to be decent unless you are extremely tall. Dribbling, shooting, those things are not easy to develop at all.

However football has so many roles that you can easily find your spot if you are bad in certain areas

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena

Basketball requires real skill to be decent unless you are extremely tall. Dribbling, shooting, those things are not easy to develop at all.

However football has so many roles that you can easily find your spot if you are bad in certain areas
Never played American football but I am good at shooting in basketball specifically shooting three pointers. I am also 6ft to 6ft 1 which isn't tall by NBA standards. The shortest in NBA was 5ft 3 muggsy bogues which blows my mind.

• +1
Reactions: MaghrebGator
Never played American football but I am good at shooting in basketball specifically shooting three pointers. I am also 6ft to 6ft 1 which isn't tall by NBA standards. The shortest in NBA was 5ft 3 muggsy bogues which blows my mind.
I was speaking about real football, not that ad contest with some rugby in the middle

Yeah it's mind boggling but take into account that someone like Bogues would never make it in today's NBA because of how the systems have changed. Nowadays he would be extremely bullied on defense and every team would make him switch or else

The NBA although it has gotten soy for financial reasons (Less defense=more highlights) but it has advanced in some aspects and extremely tall but slow players don't have a place kn the league and same happens with those extremely small players. I doubt Yao Ming would make more than 10 minutes a game nowadays and Marjanovic is an example of that.

• +1
for pick up basketball

your average opponent is 5'6

• +1
for pick up basketball

your average opponent is 5'6
Basketball is really not big in UK. The main sports are football, rugby, cricket I guess if your English, golf and tennis. Football and rugby are definitely the biggest with golf taking third place probably.

its more exciting too

females get more wet seeing a good basketball player