Be aware of RAYPEAT / raypeat community and raypeat diet ! my friend died because of it

One Rep Max

One Rep Max

Diamond
Hello friends,

So I was on these raypeat forum community for 2 years and one of my best friends joined too.

He had some trouble with diabetes and was a freak into reading everything he could on the net to "solve " his issue by himself. I was naive at that time to, followed raypeat diet for a while until my acne bursted into a nightmare. I thought it was hormones but I ignored it. It was not hormones, it was this raypeat diet.

As months passed, my best friend was gettin advice from these guys instructed by raypeat and somehow they managed to convince him that SUGAR is very important and good for the body. Take a listen ! a diabetic. Sugar. Tons of it.

They insisted on that thread that diabetes was actually a lack of sugar in the body so they made him eat so much fruit that he was feeling horrible. I insisted and asked him many times to stop, yet he did not.

I created a thread to ask proof regards sugar and how it is needed for the body, if glycation is actually the worst thing that the body can suffer in terms of aging and glycation is the product of sugar, even fructose from fruits.

After 2 days of debates, many raypeaters tried to question science and still insisted that SUGAR / ice cream / whatever does not age you. Yet I provided tons of studies that prove otherwise : sugar ages skin dramatically. In all lab tests and human tests.

I got banned and my thread was deleted. I never joined that community again.

Last week my friend died in the hospital and his last words were, This was The Ray Peat diet that killed me.

Now you guys, if you think this is a story or something, whatever. But please, be cautious of what you believe on the internet !! because I suspect these guys do it for a purpose, I mean how stupid can one be to believe that sugar is healthy where we can see how countries where sugar is consumed massively, suffer from most disease and people get sick at 20 or 30.

I will never get my friend back. No one will do a thing to stop these diet gurus from killing another friend, somewhere in this beautiful world.

I miss him.

• JFL
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: Jonas2k7, ascendnmw, sub6manletnozygos and 3 others
  • JFL
Reactions: gribsufer1, greycel and cromagnon
@BrahminBoss

Actually should have done what aajonus said and that is that diabetics should consume lots of raw honey, since the insulin is needed but at the same time the honey heals the pancreas and other organs, therefore that would have worked not fruits tho.

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
sorry for you loss man. hope justice is served

• +1
Reactions: greycel and One Rep Max