Beard trimmer length?

Banasura

Banasura

The Sun Kang
What size do you guys use for ur stubble? What do you think looks best? Have one of those sorta fancy ones where it can change size by rolling the wheel mechanism thing and wonder what number I should use.

What size do you guys use for ur stubble? What do you think looks best? Have one of those sorta fancy ones where it can change size by rolling the wheel mechanism thing and wonder what number I should use.
no need for stubble if you got bones

Personally I go for 3mm designer stubble. Sometimes considered outdated by I think it's a good tradeoff between clean shaven and bearded, it contours your jawline, gives you a masculine look but your features are still visible as if you were clean shaven, it doesn't make you look rustic like a beard would. Sweet spot between masc and pretty body look basically. That said you can always set the longest length setting, trim your beard, see if you like it and if not go to the next shortest one, stopping when you're satisfied.

• +1
Reactions: Banasura
1mm mogs shaving
ya but isn't this just 5 o'clock shadow u anyway get after going clean? im talking about a professionally looking style which is part of the entire look as a whole.

• +1
Reactions: jdz6777
Forgot to add: the problem with designer stubble is that it only looks good if you have thick beard genes, otherwise it looks patchy, like dirt on your face and only longer lengths will make your facial hair look homogeneous and thick.

• +1
ya but isn't this just 5 o'clock shadow u anyway get after going clean? im talking about a professionally looking style which is part of the entire look as a whole.
yeah if you want a professional look avoid 5 o'clock shadow, a friend of mine is an airline pilot and he told me their dress code says clean shaven or beards only, no in-between cause 5 o'clock shadow can be interpreted as lack of care, like you didn't have time to shave or something. I also rarely see guys with it in my office, only beards or clean shaven.

• +1
Forgot to add: the problem with designer stubble is that it only looks good if you have thick beard genes, otherwise it looks patchy, like dirt on your face and only longer lengths will make your facial hair look homogeneous and thick.
yeah if you want a professional look avoid 5 o'clock shadow, a friend of mine is an airline pilot and he told me their dress code says clean shaven or beards only, no in-between cause 5 o'clock shadow can be interpreted as lack of care, like you didn't have time to shave or something. I also rarely see guys with it in my office, only beards or clean shaven.
Just did a quick shave with 3, what think? Does it look fine?

Attachments

• 5D6FDF0A-765D-4FD6-857D-D2D2AA9FC527.jpeg
    5D6FDF0A-765D-4FD6-857D-D2D2AA9FC527.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 0
Just did a quick shave with 3, what think? Does it look fine?
maybe a tiny bit too long, you have pretty thick and dark facial hair so maybe 2 would give you a more "restrained" look. This is generally what I go for:

Then again it depends on what look you want or think looks good on you.
Also I assume you know about contouring, shaping, shaving the area below the Adam's apple and the cheekbones completely clean etc.

• +1
maybe a tiny bit too long, you have pretty thick and dark facial hair so maybe 2 would give you a more "restrained" look. This is generally what I go for:
View attachment 2528193
Then again it depends on what look you want or think looks good on you.
Also I assume you know about contouring, shaping, shaving the area below the Adam's apple and the cheekbones completely clean etc.
ye will clean up under area when I have 2, and will try 2 next liking this 4 rn.

• +1
Reactions: kanderior