Being able to navigate office politics is a skill

FailedNormieManlet

FailedNormieManlet

NTmaxxed pajeet
Some basic rules of the office
  1. No one is your friend
  2. Everyone is self preserving, honesty and integrity are non-existent. If blaming you means I keep my job and don't get bitched at, you bet I will blame you
  3. You need to inflate the right egos
  4. Your performance is tied with your superior's reputation. You fuck up, you make your superior look bad. You do too well and you make your superior look incompetent
  5. You will inevitable be caught in the cross-fire of politics, stay independent and only true to yourself
For example the vice president of my school had a meeting with me, asking me to find some information regarding a placement. I told him that I could find the information by tomorrow as I meet with the 3rd party responsible for the placement, so I could ask him. His tune changed straight away.
"No, no, don't ask the 3rd party, they'll be annoyed"

Now I found that a bit weird at first, this 3rd party guy is very friendly to me, and so his response confused tf out of me. So I agreed and said I won't ask. Later on in the day I complimented him and said "thank you for sorting out the placement stuff, and reminding me of it." He tells me "don't thank me, sorting out the placement is my job".

Boom

I put 2 and 2 together and concluded that because it was the vice's job in finding out the information. Thus if I ask the 3rd party, the vice will look stupid. I don't like pissing my higher ups off, so I decided to follow his instructions and not ask.

My other higher up overhears this (he is a lower rank than the vice) and tells me to ignore the vice and send the email anyways.

Now I am caught in the crossfire of some bs office politics, I will remain loyal however and not send the email. The vice is the most useful person to me atm and I need his approval to do a lot of stuff, if I annoy him my life will become hard very quickly. Office politics is a skill and you need to be able to play the game and need the social skills for it. Otherwise you sink

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: p0lishsubhuman, autistic_tendencies, ManletBlackcel and 10 others
I got a cortisol spike from reading this shit. And you will also suffer constant stress from dealing with petty politics 24/7 like that. You have to find a way to escape that shit for a peaceful mind.

That's why a stereotypical Chad in movies is always a bad boy that gives no fuck to anybody.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: p0lishsubhuman, autistic_tendencies, Mouthbreath and 8 others
Blue collar mogs. You can get into a heated argument and yell at a guy to go fuck himself and still come to work next day

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, ManletBlackcel, HarrierDuBois and 6 others
I got a cortisol spike from reading this shit. And you will also suffer constant stress from dealing with petty politics 24/7 like that. You have to find a way to escape that shit for a peaceful mind.

That's why a stereotypical Chad in movies is always a bad boy that gives no fuck to anybody.
Yeah pretty much, for something relatively simple it becomes so complicated due to the political nature of things. It’s actually insane tbh, idk how I’m going to survive this shit.

But what’s good is, is that I’ll get some experience at least

the entirety of human existence in society is politics once a sufficiently high level for organizational capacity gets reached; although initially stressful like any new experience is, it's definitely a crucial skill to learn if you wanna be at a higher level in society

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
the entirety of human existence in society is politics once a sufficiently high level for organizational capacity gets reached; although initially stressful like any new experience is, it's definitely a crucial skill to learn if you wanna be at a higher level in society
This is legit. My parents are all working class and the jobs they hold aren’t that political compared to this. The higher up you go, the more responsibility you get, the greater risk and reward and the more politics you play. This shit is so difficult to deal with tbh

• +1
Reactions: ManletBlackcel, LooksOrDeath, PrinceLuenLeoncur and 1 other person
This is legit. My parents are all working class and the jobs they hold aren’t that political compared to this. The higher up you go, the more responsibility you get, the greater risk and reward and the more politics you play. This shit is so difficult to deal with tbh
It's not for everyone, to be honest, so if at any point you realize it's going to be one long burnout for you, it's fine to settle for something less, but at least try and hold through in your 20s and see how you adapt.

But yeah, you're right. It's why all the people that are closer to the top (bureaucrats, dignitaries, politicians, businessmen, etc) will be lower neuroticism and higher stress tolerance; it's gotta be ingrained in you to some extent to be able to withstand the BS

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and FailedNormieManlet
It's not for everyone, to be honest, so if at any point you realize it's going to be one long burnout for you, it's fine to settle for something less, but at least try and hold through in your 20s and see how you adapt.

But yeah, you're right. It's why all the people that are closer to the top (bureaucrats, dignitaries, politicians, businessmen, etc) will be lower neuroticism and higher stress tolerance; it's gotta be ingrained in you to some extent to be able to withstand the BS
I’m a relatively simply guy, I did my degree and finished and wanted to work with people. I can navigate the politics but my low position of power makes it hard to defend anything and it’s a lot of “don’t piss off the higher ups even though they’re wrong” can I survive? Yeah probably.

I’m deffo high in neuroticism though, I’m going to stick through with this and see later on if I can switch careers

• +1
Reactions: Pharmaceutic
lower neuroticism and higher stress tolerance
There are different types of stress. Petty office politics is just one of them. And every person is different when it comes to stress. Men are better at dealing with survival stress like danger or fighting. Women are better at dealing with social stress.

There is a biological reason why men in the army (at least in the past), contact sport and prison have higher T than the average men.

• Woah
just cope and become an incel basement rotter

Inshallah

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: isis_Bleach
  1. No one is your friend
  2. Everyone is self preserving, honesty and integrity are non-existent. If blaming you means I keep my job and don't get bitched at, you bet I will blame you
  4. Your performance is tied with your superior's reputation. You fuck up, you make your superior look bad. You do too well and you make your superior look incompetent
  5. You will inevitable be caught in the cross-fire of politics, stay independent and only true to yourself
For example the vice president of my school had a meeting with me, asking me to find some information regarding a placement. I told him that I could find the information by tomorrow as I meet with the 3rd party responsible for the placement, so I could ask him. His tune changed straight away.

Now I found that a bit weird at first, this 3rd party guy is very friendly to me, and so his response confused tf out of me. So I agreed and said I won't ask. Later on in the day I complimented him and said "thank you for sorting out the placement stuff, and reminding me of it." He tells me "don't thank me, sorting out the placement is my job".

Boom

I put 2 and 2 together and concluded that because it was the vice's job in finding out the information. Thus if I ask the 3rd party, the vice will look stupid. I don't like pissing my higher ups off, so I decided to follow his instructions and not ask.

My other higher up overhears this (he is a lower rank than the vice) and tells me to ignore the vice and send the email anyways.

Now I am caught in the crossfire of some bs office politics, I will remain loyal however and not send the email. The vice is the most useful person to me atm and I need his approval to do a lot of stuff, if I annoy him my life will become hard very quickly. Office politics is a skill and you need to be able to play the game and need the social skills for it. Otherwise you sink
Jfl and nigga's here tried saying I was aspie for researching shit like how many seconds of eye contact I should give before blinking or something to manipulate people :feelshehe:

Feels good knowing you're right... :Comfy:

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard and FailedNormieManlet
  1. No one is your friend

Boom

Like a true Skaven from warhammer. Yes-yes must play-deceive masters

Jokes aside this is legit. I’m natrally an neuroticic person but after ebing kicked out so many schools as a teen I gradually lean eyed how to manage my rage and play the game. Took me a VERY long time but I have mastered the art of it. I’m not a manipulator though however i can do so if I feel my job/role in in danger even though I prefer to avoid such circumstances from even having a possibility to rise in the first place

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ItsOVERBuddyBoyos and FailedNormieManlet
That’s why working in construction mogs white collar cuckoldry. You won’t get caught in crossfire with a concrete mixer

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, LooksOrDeath and the BULL
  1. No one is your friend

Boom

tales from the mumbai call center

Meanwhile I was calling my coworkers faggots from across the office

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, the BULL, Danish_Retard and 2 others
Meanwhile I was calling my coworkers faggots from across the office
JFL, I’m only good with one another guy who is low level like me, and even then I never swear.

JFL, I’m only good with one another guy who is low level like me, and even then I never swear.
His job prob isn’t retail or customer based or stn like that. Your job works with kids teens etc. it would be abrasive for you to swear it will stain your record. As for him well a white collar job usually won’t unless it’s call centre or stn like that

• +1
That’s why working in construction mogs white collar cuckoldry. You won’t get caught in crossfire with a concrete mixer
aren't you going to college?

What’s your job?

1. No one is your friend

Boom

Now I am caught in the crossfire of some bs office politics, I will remain loyal however and not send the email.

The vice is the most useful person to me atm and I need his approval to do a lot of stuff, if I annoy him my life will become hard very quickly. Office politics is a skill and you need to be able to play the game and need the social skills for it. Otherwise you sink

In you want to climb the ladder, you always need to ensure you make your direct superior look good.

Plenty of guys grinding hard at their dayjobs but will get passed over for promotion for the guy that the boss likes better.

@FailedNormieManlet do you guys ever had after work drinks and stuff like that? because you should go to those too.

• +1
In you want to climb the ladder, you always need to ensure you make your direct superior look good.

Plenty of guys grinding hard at their dayjobs but will get passed over for promotion for the guy that the boss likes better.

@FailedNormieManlet do you guys ever had after work drinks and stuff like that? because you should go to those too.
yeah we had staff xmas party, but I am not going to it tbh. Everyone is way too fucking old, no one my age and I'm leaving this shit hole after a year

• +1
Reactions: ItsOVERBuddyBoyos
Is it a viable strategy to just never get involved in anything non-work related? I couldn't care less about any dramas/beefs at work I'm just there to keep my head down and get paid. At all my jobs I act like this.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Just read 48 laws of power theory