Bengalis have a very unique way of propagating Islam and reinforcing Islamic morals in society

SecularIslamist

SecularIslamist

Islamist jihadi and intersectional feminist
It's called 'waz' in bengali. Its very unique to this area. This type of preaching is very common among rural people, but with the internet this type of preaching has exploded beyond the villages racking up millions of views even amogst city dwellers. Its very normal to attend a gathering like this every week and hearing some preacher talking about everything from politics, economics and society. Basically like going to a football match every weekend.

I literally only understand only 15% of what hes saying. Seems to be saying without Islam you'd be an alcoholic, druggie and your wife a whore! It's not scholarly debate or academic discussion. Its more about speaking abilities and even singing abiltiies 'bangla gazal' - bengali version of nasheeds basically. Sometimes you listen to them speaking like a normal person and then they randomly start freestyling.

My mom wanted either me or my brother to be one of these guys. My brother turned out to be a divorced druggie estranged from his half-white daughter, I became a shut-in rotter browsing incel forums approaching 30. Brutal. She is spending the rest of her disposable money on an Islamic education for orphans in Bangladesh for failing to raise one of us as a preacher.

@MaghrebGator @JohnDoe @Fiqh @emeraldglass @Michael Myers

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Michael Myers, emeraldglass and MaghrebGator
Mashallah brothers!

• +1
Reactions: emeraldglass, MaghrebGator and SecularIslamist
Mashallah brothers!
Don't Pakistan have this? Don't they fill out areas with thousands of people? I don't mean telavangelist style Zakir Naik stuff. This is a very common thing. It's probably second to Cricket in terms of things to do when you have downtime.

dnrd, kill yourself you dirty ethnic :forcedsmile:

• +1
Reactions: Razeb
dnrd, kill yourself you dirty ethnic :forcedsmile:
18 year old pasty white little cuck who doesn't have the balls to say such a thing to an ethnic male IRL. Keep seething

• Ugh..
Reactions: laaoo
It looks like a kind of khutbah

I honestly want to see what the regions below the sahara in both east and west africa will bring in the next years. The future of Islam and the world is there Insha Allah, but sadly it will also probably be full of wars because the great powers have gigantic interests in there and it's clear they are clashing recently.

• +1
Reactions: SecularIslamist
It looks like a kind of khutbah

I honestly want to see what the regions below the sahara in both east and west africa will bring in the next years. The future of Islam and the world is there Insha Allah, but sadly it will also probably be full of wars because the great powers have gigantic interests in there and it's clear they are clashing recently.
It's in addition to khutbas. It's very specific to Bengal region. In modern times it's allowed preachers to avoid govt crackdown in religious dissent. They could play similar role to Muslim Brotherhood did in Egypt in the latter half of last century who were quite successful at islamising society as a conservative social movement than a political party. This is a good paper on them.

• +1
Reactions: MaghrebGator
Mashallah brothers!
It's called 'waz' in bengali. Its very unique to this area. This type of preaching is very common among rural people, but with the internet this type of preaching has exploded beyond the villages racking up millions of views even amogst city dwellers. Its very normal to attend a gathering like this every week and hearing some preacher talking about everything from politics, economics and society. Basically like going to a football match every weekend.

I literally only understand only 15% of what hes saying. Seems to be saying without Islam you'd be an alcoholic, druggie and your wife a whore! It's not scholarly debate or academic discussion. Its more about speaking abilities and even singing abiltiies 'bangla gazal' - bengali version of nasheeds basically. Sometimes you listen to them speaking like a normal person and then they randomly start freestyling.

My mom wanted either me or my brother to be one of these guys. My brother turned out to be a divorced druggie estranged from his half-white daughter, I became a shut-in rotter browsing incel forums approaching 30. Brutal. She is spending the rest of her disposable money on an Islamic education for orphans in Bangladesh for failing to raise one of us as a preacher.

Imagine being an incel yet believing in so called Allah which doesn't even exist in nature

This gives me hope for the future generation. Also, props to your mother. May Allah reward her for her efforts, in sha Allah.

• Love it

So basically bongos are “we wazzing” now. :ogre: (You know, it’s a “we wuz kangs” joke).

We don’t have gatherings like this to discuss issues like that, only at the mosque but it’s all religious issues or ummah meme issues.

• JFL

All Abrahamic religions when followed properly prevent theee things… why do muzzies think their takes are unique lol

Don't Pakistan have this? Don't they fill out areas with thousands of people? I don't mean telavangelist style Zakir Naik stuff. This is a very common thing. It's probably second to Cricket in terms of things to do when you have downtime.
yh i'm not remembering the word for it but it happens.

• +1