Benzodiazepine users

G

gargomel

Iron
Have you experienced a decrease in IQ or any cognitive impairment?

• +1
Reactions: N1666 and RapeAllFemales
I never used long term but when I used them especially multiple days in a row I for sure experienced both.

• +1
Reactions: gargomel
no its ok man eat bars and do great things

Is starting taking xanax a good idea for socialmaxxing

• JFL
Reactions: distance decay
I never used long term but when I used them especially multiple days in a row I for sure experienced both.
Have you become more nt?

Have you become more nt?
They make u more nt for sure but i didnt take them long term 2 days in a row max. They build tolerance really quick and are living hell to come off. U will be suicidal having panic attacks, seeing things that arent there.

They are good in a low dose for special occasions where u need to come across well like a job interview.

• +1
Been taking klonopin for almost a year now. 1mg a day + 20mg propanolol.

yeah i can feel my cognitive decline but who cares i'm more NT. I need to up my dose tho

• +1

yeah i can feel my cognitive decline but who cares i'm more NT. I need to up my dose tho
Does it solve anxiety permanently or is it just a temporary solution, such as taking it for public speaking?

• +1
Reactions: Messar
Does it solve anxiety permanently or is it just a temporary solution, such as taking it for public speaking?
It would but increase dementia risk and u gotta take everyday or have withdrawal tht cn kill u.

• +1

U not worried about dementia? I worry even if i go on a small binge. Better to use the propanolol and exposure therapy unless ur fine being dependant on klonopin ur whole life.

• +1
Reactions: gargomel and ZyGone
It would but increase dementia risk and u gotta take everyday or have withdrawal tht cn kill u.
I scream when I see insects, and one day, when I was alone and saw a spider, I left the house and could not enter the house until my family came. If I take these medications, will I overcome my fear of insects?

I scream when I see insects, and one day, when I was alone and saw a spider, I left the house and could not enter the house until my family came. If I take these medications, will I overcome my fear of insects?
Yeah u feel no fear to the point its stupid. On high doses you could be in a cage with a lion and not give a shit.

• +1
Diazepam is my favourite drug for anxiety, when I’m on it I feel like how a human should actually be. Relieves all my worries, makes me very social and I just don’t care about anything.

I don’t use it for long periods of time for tolerance reasons, but I have seen how prolonged use can ruin a person. One of my old friends started taking it for back pain and then got addicted. Completely ruined his life.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and gargomel
Yeah u feel no fear to the point its stupid. On high doses you could be in a cage with a lion and not give a shit.
After taking the drug, I started to think that I would become an nt dark triad person.

Shouldn't there be a decrease in IQ because it suppresses neural activity?
If it doesnt decrease IQ it slows ur thinking enough that u look stupid to other people (on mid to high doses)

• +1
After taking the drug, I started to think that I would become an nt dark triad person.
Nah for me it just made me more sociable tbh and more comfortable in situations like a job interview. Its like a comfort blanket but on the other hand if u take too much it will just make u note care either so best case scenario is low dose used ever now and then

• +1
Why

What are withdrawal symptoms and why are they so important?
Basically u are extremely physically and mentally sick. Depression to the point of suicide in some, panic attacks from anxiety, appetite losee, sweating, insomnia and one of the big ones seizures.

• +1
Reactions: distance decay and gargomel
Basically u are extremely physically and mentally sick. Depression to the point of suicide in some, panic attacks from anxiety, appetite losee, sweating, insomnia and one of the big ones seizures.
What is the effect if a stimulant and a benzodiazepine are taken at the same time?

Shouldn't there be a decrease in IQ because it suppresses neural activity?
Just from my experience I don’t think I’ve got dumber (on klonopin everyday for 7 years).

Taking on challenges and learning through progression and collaboration with other smart people will keep you smart. It’s those who sit around not working (i.e., NEETs) that’ll feel like they’re getting dumber.

Objectively, I don’t know. But if I had to look at myself, I’d say I got a lot wiser, because I had a lot to learn as a teenager/young adult.

Your body and brain adapts to the daily use. Just like taking Ritalin everyday doesn’t “make you smarter”. You get smarter through diversity and depth of experience in professional fields, spending time developing useful skills, learning how to work with others and learning how to make a stable living.

I don’t think benzos are as much of a hindrance as opportunity and execution is a benefit.

Basically what I mean is, if you’re not seeking learning opportunities and aiming for personal progression and development in various areas of life, you’ll feel like you’re getting dumber.

I think blaming drugs is sort of a cop out. As long as the drugs don’t make you completely incapacitated, then you shouldn’t even raise the question if they’re “making you dumber”.

• +1
Reactions: distance decay and gargomel
Just from my experience I don’t think I’ve got dumber (on klonopin everyday for 7 years).

Taking on challenges and learning through progression and collaboration with other smart people will keep you smart. It’s those who sit around not working (i.e., NEETs) that’ll feel like they’re getting dumber.

Objectively, I don’t know. But if I had to look at myself, I’d say I got a lot wiser, because I had a lot to learn as a teenager/young adult.

Your body and brain adapts to the daily use. Just like taking Ritalin everyday doesn’t “make you smarter”. You get smarter through diversity and depth of experience in professional fields, spending time developing useful skills, learning how to work with others and learning how to make a stable living.

I don’t think benzos are as much of a hindrance as opportunity and execution is a benefit.

Basically what I mean is, if you’re not seeking learning opportunities and aiming for personal progression and development in various areas of life, you’ll feel like you’re getting dumber.

I think blaming drugs is sort of a cop out. As long as the drugs don’t make you completely incapacitated, then you shouldn’t even raise the question if they’re “making you dumber”.
It is known that it causes memory loss with long-term use. Have you experienced such a thing?

It is known that it causes memory loss with long-term use. Have you experienced such a thing?
Not at all. My memory’s very very strong actually. And it’s stayed that way.

• +1
Klonopin effects last around 6-8 hours, which is longer than Xanax's 4 hours. It's not a medication that will cure your high inhibition. If you're too scared of taking benzos, try propranolol. It has little to no side effect
U not worried about dementia? I worry even if i go on a small binge. Better to use the propanolol and exposure therapy unless ur fine being dependant on klonopin ur whole life.
there are cases of short-term memory loss at higher doses like 4-6mg and above. I know a mf who takes like 16mg jfl. He's been taking them since he was a kid and he's now 38 and has a family. And I'll keep taking it until i find something else to fix my mental illness

At only 1mg i don't even feel any major withdrawal or side effects even if i don't take it for 3-4days but i do get mild headaches. You shouldn't be too concerned about dementia tons of people have been taking them since they were kids now they are in their 60s still kicking. Their dosage wasn't crazy like the guy i mentioned earlier btw. Most only take 2-4mg at most. It's dangerous taking them long term but for me pros outweigh cons

check out these if u plan to take them: benzobuddies.org and r/benzorecovery

Last edited:
  • +1
Klonopin effects last around 6-8 hours, which is longer than Xanax's 4 hours. It's not a medication that will cure your high inhibition. If you're too scared of taking benzos, try propranolol. It has little to no side effect

there are cases of short-term memory loss at higher doses like 4-6mg and above. I know a mf who takes like 16mg jfl. He's been taking them since he was a kid and he's now 38 and has a family. And I'll keep taking it until i find something else to fix my mental illness

At only 1mg i don't even feel any major withdrawal or side effects even if i don't take it for 3-4days but i do get mild headaches. You shouldn't be too concerned about dementia tons of people have been taking them since they were kids now they are in their 60s still kicking. Their dosage wasn't crazy like the guy i mentioned earlier btw. Most only take 2-4mg at most. It's dangerous taking them long term but for me pros outweigh cons

check out these if u plan to take them: benzobuddies.org and r/benzorecovery
If u take it daily it builds in ur system though so u gotta wait longer thn a few days with klonopin which is longer lasting. In my experience with xanax (it peaks quick but drops off quick) i would get rebound anxiety). Klonopin would almost naturally taper itself in my bloodstream so i never got that rebound anxiety effect. It would just really slowly decrease the amount in my body. (think of how a drrug addict specifically alcoholic is tapered off by drops down by 1 unit of alcohol a day). Klonopin did tht naturally to some extent with its extremely long half life.

It just increases the risk of dementia. I suppose alcohol does too and allot of people drink that so its just 1 risk factor I guess depends on the genes and the rest of ur lifestyle how bad it is.

The short term memory loss is real and at my worse using xanax I had 3 week blackouts (id blackout on maybe 3 pills then when u black out u act stuid and take all the rest of them. Then id order them next day delivery from a steroid ealer i had). Ill still take klonopin or librium for job interviews/special occasion but I dont want the long term dependence. And iI agree with ur lasts point pros outweigh cons for some people but just not most in my opinion. If its working out for u then great.

• +1
Reactions: Messar and gargomel
Mate u need to be worried about the withdrawals, the worst withdrawals ive ever experienced were from benzos, your not gonna become dory after taking xans for a couple months

• +1