Best Laptop for Computer Science

LOOKMAXXER

LOOKMAXXER

Master
Hey Looksmaxers ,

am about to buy a new laptop for school , which is better for programming , multi-tasking / studying Comp Science ?

macbook air

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5304, DidntRead, Entschuldigung and 5 others
  • JFL
Reactions: Hades and Lux
Nah dog it’s a 2100 dollar IMac Pro or nothing. Over if you don’t have one.
mac pro 2020 ? or which year ? i heard mac isn't a good option for programming is that true ?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lux and LOOKMAXXER
HP omen has a good deal for it rn

• +1
Reactions: LOOKMAXXER
MacOS is def better for programming, the reason this is because if you get a mac you can program applications for every single operating system there is, if you get a windows based machine you wont be able to create applications for MAC OS or IOS, that is literally the only reason you would want to get a mac over a windows machine, if you do no plan on making programs for MAC os and IOS, then its recommended to buy a windows machine, for computer science you should look for ultrabooks and stay away from gaming laptops as they are heavier and the battery is shit on them, and please stay away from chromebooks as they are shit

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Kmscurry, Jagged0, Magnesium and 6 others
MacOS is def better for programming, the reason this is because if you get a mac you can program applications for every single operating system there is, if you get a windows based machine you wont be able to create applications for MAC OS or IOS, that is literally the only reason you would want to get a mac over a windows machine, if you do no plan on making programs for MAC os and IOS, then its recommended to buy a windows machine, for computer science you should look for ultrabooks and stay away from gaming laptops as they are heavier and the battery is shit on them, and please stay away from chromebooks as they are shit
thanks bro , mirin ur explanation

Babybitch for greycel of the year tbh

• +1
Get a fucking thinkpad
Go to /g/ and look for thinkpad thread, that can help you choose the specific model

• +1
a 15year old neckbeard-pad

• JFL
Oh no no no, someone fell for the CS meme. Better go into construction rather than spending 10k per year for 4 years to wagecuck 8hr in a desk

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: sytyl and LOOKMAXXER
Any mid-high gaming laptop is good i think. Just take the light form factor because you don't want to carry heavy all the time (Asus zephyrus G something i think it's good). Unless you want to do some mac stuff then mac.

• +1
Oh no no no, someone fell for the CS meme. Better go into construction rather than spending 10k per year for 4 years to wagecuck 8hr in a desk
is construction better ? according to payscale & glassdoor salaries r low compared to Compscience

is construction better ? according to payscale & glassdoor salaries r low compared to Compscience
You need to remember that a CS degree is expensive as fuck (I have to pay 50k for my degree jfl), and construction will make you high T

You need to remember that a CS degree is expensive as fuck (I have to pay 50k for my degree jfl), and construction will make you high T
is the pay worth it in Comp Science based on ur experience ? are salaries good in construction ? btw in my school both construction or Comp Science have the same tuition fees

is the pay worth it in Comp Science based on ur experience ? are salaries good in construction ? btw in my school both construction or Comp Science have the same tuition fees
@sytyl is prolly better to answer that question. Also, I’m pretty sure you don’t need to pay to learn construction.

Never did construction btw, I wished I went into trades/manual labour instead of Cuck Science

• +1
Reactions: sytyl and LOOKMAXXER
@sytyl is prolly better to answer that question. Also, I’m pretty sure you don’t need to pay to learn construction.

Never did construction btw, I wished I went into trades/manual labour instead of Cuck Science
is working in comp science really boring ? u don't get to interact with foids & people ?

• JFL
Reactions: Golang
u don't get to interact with foids & people ?
29B0E97D 2EC2 4261 8C94 1D244E3488E6

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: DidntRead, Entschuldigung, LOOKMAXXER and 1 other person
Anything decent will do it tbh

• +1
is it over for socialmaxxing in Comp Science ?
YES
you have to talk with people from other courses if you want some life, most cs students are weebs and the few girls are ugly ngl, some are gl but really top 1%

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Golang, DidntRead, sytyl and 1 other person
YES
you have to talk with people from other courses if you want some life, most cs students are weebs and the few girls are ugly ngl, some are gl but really top 1%
is consruction engineering ( not civil) better than comp science ?

is consruction engineering ( not civil) better than comp science ?
Yes at least here the ratio male/female is almost 1:1
and CS is like 6:1

• +1
literally doesnt matter

if youre not doing anything cpu or gpu intensive just buy something super cheap

you should always get the computer with the minimum effective specs if money is an object imo and running basic python scripts or whatever the fuck youll be doing is probably not at all resource intensive

if you need windows/osx/linux for something you can just install that os on a new partition, good skill to learn anyway

• +1