Best method for getting jacked for an extremely skinnyfat 18 year old in UK

Prada

Prada

Iron
Basically, for literally the last 7 years I have done virtually no exercise of any kind. I also used to eat tons of junk food, but have almost completely stopped for the last year and that seems to have improved me facially a lot (I also used to get chronic headaches really often which I dont get anymore).

I currently weigh about 74kg and am almost 6'3. Nobody would call me fat right now, but when I pull places like my stomach there's tons of flab whereas I've tried it on my friends and they have almost no flab. Basically, my theory is that my years of inactivity playing video games have made me extremely skinnyfat, and thus there would be a lot of potential for me to ascend if I did gym. Like literally, my sporty 14 year old sister's legs are somehow far stronger than mine even though mine are way bigger, its actually quite embarrassing ngl.

The UK is currently in lockdown, and I have about 6 months until university starts for me (by which I would have ideally improved my appearance a lot). When I get to university, I think I'm not gonna have a lot of time to exercise and stuff. Please could one of you advise me on the best gym methods/routines, diets etc. I should use to achieve my goal of becoming a chad for the start of university.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 6695, Deleted member 7806 and Deleted member 10709
Basically, for literally the last 7 years I have done virtually no exercise of any kind. I also used to eat tons of junk food, but have almost completely stopped for the last year and that seems to have improved me facially a lot (I also used to get chronic headaches really often which I dont get anymore).

I currently weigh about 74kg and am almost 6'3. Nobody would call me fat right now, but when I pull places like my stomach there's tons of flab whereas I've tried it on my friends and they have almost no flab. Basically, my theory is that my years of inactivity playing video games have made me extremely skinnyfat, and thus there would be a lot of potential for me to ascend if I did gym. Like literally, my sporty 14 year old sister's legs are somehow far stronger than mine even though mine are way bigger, its actually quite embarrassing ngl.

The UK is currently in lockdown, and I have about 6 months until university starts for me (by which I would have ideally improved my appearance a lot). When I get to university, I think I'm not gonna have a lot of time to exercise and stuff. Please could one of you advise me on the best gym methods/routines, diets etc. I should use to achieve my goal of becoming a chad for the start of university.
Yes, I can help you. I know a lot about diet and training.

Send me a PM and I will help you out. I've tried helping people before, most can't stick to any routine. So if you write to me, please be ready to take action.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6695 and animo123

Send me a PM and I will help you out. I've tried helping people before, most can't stick to any routine. So if you write to me, please be ready to take action.
Bro 90% of the people know what they have to do, its really not rocket science. Most of them are just not willing to put in the work and the consistency. You need to just do basic calisthenics workout (Push ups, pull ups, squats.) thats good enough. And eat alot of whole foods like meats and fruits. You can count calories but not necessary, as long as you eat clean whole food the calories you should balance themselves out with your hunger and satiety.

• +1
Reactions: gaymidget
Lifting is the best method to build muscle and has been for the last few decades

best way to look somewhat jacked without roids is to have a low bf and have a decent amount of muscle
this can take you like 2-3 years, depending on your genes and you will have to follow a strict routine which you probably won't follow if you said you think it will take 6 months

for you it will take extra time to look jacked since you are 6'3

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5185

Do you have any knowledge for getting ripped using a bodyweight routine too?

inject

• +1
Reactions: UltimateMan
Bro 90% of the people know what they have to do, its really not rocket science. Most of them are just not willing to put in the work and the consistency. You need to just do basic calisthenics workout (Push ups, pull ups, squats.) thats good enough. And eat alot of whole foods like meats and fruits. You can count calories but not necessary, as long as you eat clean whole food the calories you should balance themselves out with your hunger and satiety.
Do you have any knowledge for getting ripped using a bodyweight routine too?
@FilthyCasual

Its true that it isn't rocket science, and its true that most (even those who really have good knowledge about it) lacks the willpower and consistency.

Basic calisthenics is way less effective than using a gym though. And eating without counting calories may or may not work - for most, it doesn't work, which is why they gained fat in the first place.

@Scarfaced "getting ripped" implies a low amount of bodyfat, which is achieved through dieting. To build muscle using a bodyweight routine is definitely possible, however a lot more demanding and less efficient than using a commercial gym. Further, building a balanced physique, focusing on individual weak points is very hard through calisthenics. Calisthenics are inherently compound movements.

• +1
Reactions: animo123, Wallenberg and Deleted member 10413
@FilthyCasual

Its true that it isn't rocket science, and its true that most (even those who really have good knowledge about it) lacks the willpower and consistency.

Basic calisthenics is way less effective than using a gym though. And eating without counting calories may or may not work - for most, it doesn't work, which is why they gained fat in the first place.

@Scarfaced "getting ripped" implies a low amount of bodyfat, which is achieved through dieting. To build muscle using a bodyweight routine is definitely possible, however a lot more demanding and less efficient than using a commercial gym. Further, building a balanced physique, focusing on individual weak points is very hard through calisthenics. Calisthenics are inherently compound movements.
This is why everyone should do none professional cardio over lifting, a normal person with a life, job or studies just doesn't have time for this shit

Lifting just takes too much energy, rather mental one then even physical to be worth it

With cardio you still get the mental and physical effects of exercising but without giving it too much attention after the workout is over
and can actually focus on your life, and get the benefits in day to day because being active improves your cognitive skills and mood

with muscle building you need to always look after what you eat since its has important as your exercise routine, and without it you don't gain much, and many, if not most fall for the trap of bulking, and become fat, and then quit the gym so they are left fat and also with no muscle or roids trap which is even worse

@FilthyCasual

He doesn't have gym available to him though, if i'm not mistaken. UK is on a lockdown no gyms, thats why i recommended calisthenics. I fucking hate calisthenics its like "A cool way" to train, on paper if you match volume and intensity you can get same gains, but in real world how can you match a 85% of 1Rm with push ups. There are variations of whatever but its just not that productive.

I my self track calories but when your getting into things it might seem super frustrating or overwhelming to start counting everything you put in your mouth. Bro if you eat chicken, meat, vegetables and fruit, i don't think you realistically can overeat without force feeding. That might just be my appetite, but like 1 pound of broccoli is like 150 calories Thats 1 pound of food. same goes basically with every vegetable and chicken.

@Scarfaced Getting "Ripped" with low muscle mass will just lead into you looking like an absolute framelet

This is why everyone should do none professional cardio over lifting, a normal person with a life, job or studies just doesn't have time for this shit

Lifting just takes too much energy, rather mental one then even physical to be worth it

With cardio you still get the mental and physical effects of exercising but without giving it too much attention after the workout is over
and can actually focus on your life, and get the benefits in day to day because being active improves your cognitive skills and mood

with muscle building you need to always look after what you eat, and many, if not most fall for the trap of bulking, and become fat, and then quit the gym so they are left fat and also with no muscle or roids trap which is even worse
Some interesting points being raced. I've done running quite seriously and powerlifting, and now I'm doing bodybuilding. I think the most important thing to consider is, what is your goal? If your goal is having a good looking physique (looking good naked, to impress women etc), then its not a contest: bodybuilding (not competitively, but as a hobby) is the by far best way to achieve that goal.

Running is great for physical and mental health, however it is useless to gain muscle mass, and borderline irrelevant in terms of losing fat. When I was running, my appetite was so spiked that I could never stick to a diet. My energy needs just shot through the roof.

Whether a person needs to count their calories has little to no relevance to if they're doing weight training, running or any other training, and everything to do with how their relationship with food is: If they cannot control their intake "intuitively", then they need to count to achieve their goals.

If someone falls into the trap of bulking and getting fat, that is an issue with their decision to do so, not with the approach of eating in a slight caloric surplus (like 200kcal) and lifting weights.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg

with muscle building you need to always look after what you eat since its has important as your exercise routine, and without it you don't gain much, and many, if not most fall for the trap of bulking, and become fat, and then quit the gym so they are left fat and also with no muscle or roids trap which is even worse
Yeah i love running, gives me that "runners high", i love the fact that before when i used to walk this one big hill i was super out of breath, now its just a cruise. That being said, i love looking bigger more even though its harder. I'd rather be muscular with okay cardio than super good cardio and look like this

He doesn't have gym available to him though, if i'm not mistaken. UK is on a lockdown no gyms, thats why i recommended calisthenics. I fucking hate calisthenics its like "A cool way" to train, on paper if you match volume and intensity you can get same gains, but in real world how can you match a 85% of 1Rm with push ups. There are variations of whatever but its just not that productive.

I my self track calories but when your getting into things it might seem super frustrating or overwhelming to start counting everything you put in your mouth. Bro if you eat chicken, meat, vegetables and fruit, i don't think you realistically can overeat without force feeding. That might just be my appetite, but like 1 pound of broccoli is like 150 calories Thats 1 pound of food. same goes basically with every vegetable and chicken.

@Scarfaced Getting "Ripped" with low muscle mass will just lead into you looking like an absolute framelet View attachment 1062194
Ah I see, that sucks.

It is true that calisthenics in theory can be used to achieve same gains as a commercial gyms, however actually hitting the different bodyparts in similar ways will prove basically impossible - mimicing pec dec, incline bench for upper chest, or lateral raises etc. can be done with a backpack or something, but will be very much more of a hassle than using regular weights. Over time, overloading will also become a challenge.

I too track calories. I think its worth just learning from the get go. I think its more realistic to count what you eat, and eat normal food, than forcing yourself to eat chicken and broccoli and not counting. An "if it fits your macros" approach is easier to implement - it takes me less than 5 minutes per day to accurately calculate everything I eat, and hit my target and reach my goals.

I probably wouldn't overeat on chicken and broccoli - I'd likely undereat. The issue is that I wouldn't last eating that sort of food day in and day out - I'd fall off the wagon and spin my wheels.

• +1
Reactions: animo123, Wallenberg and FilthyCasual
Some interesting points being raced. I've done running quite seriously and powerlifting, and now I'm doing bodybuilding. I think the most important thing to consider is, what is your goal? If your goal is having a good looking physique (looking good naked, to impress women etc), then its not a contest: bodybuilding (not competitively, but as a hobby) is the by far best way to achieve that goal.

Running is great for physical and mental health, however it is useless to gain muscle mass, and borderline irrelevant in terms of losing fat. When I was running, my appetite was so spiked that I could never stick to a diet. My energy needs just shot through the roof.

Whether a person needs to count their calories has little to no relevance to if they're doing weight training, running or any other training, and everything to do with how their relationship with food is: If they cannot control their intake "intuitively", then they need to count to achieve their goals.

If someone falls into the trap of bulking and getting fat, that is an issue with their decision to do so, not with the approach of eating in a slight caloric surplus (like 200kcal) and lifting weights.
This. i've been on 200kcal surplus daily since january and if anything i just look more lean now.
Snapchat 120719834
194lbs
Snapchat 1784890644
200lbs

Edit: yall reckon i need to do a summer cut or do i just run maintenance and hopefully gain like 1-4 lbs of muscle and lean out that way.

Last edited:

Cardio is shit for physique, and running can even burn muscle if you are in a deficit, having muscle is way better for your looks then not having
my point is that 99% of the population can't focus on it and that its generally not sustainable unless you are a proffesional
People have to go and work a 9-5 job just to come home and relax and be with their family, study for uni or progress in anything which is related to their own financial situation which is more important then some muscles

Being fit, and 14%-16% bf is all what majority of people need for a balance of mental health, cognitive benefits, sexual life and looks
especially today when 75% of the population is overweight or obese (even in Europe)

Last edited:

Do a good beginner strength program (starting strength, stronglifts, just look up any beginner strength program and stick to it) for about 6 months while eating as much as possible. You'll bloat a bunch but make solid gains. After that focus on cutting slowly while maintaining or preferably gaining strength at the gym to keep as much muscle as possible. If you struggle to eat enough, try making protein shakes. Something simple like protein powder + milk + peanut butter will have a lot of protein and a good amount of calories in it. If you're still struggling to put on weight but you're getting enough protein (recommended about 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight per day), try eating some high calorie dense foods like nuts of something, which aren't too filling so you can eat a decent amount to boost daily calorie intake

• +1
Reactions: animo123
Cardio is shit for physique, and running can even burn muscle if you are in a deficit, having muscle is way better for your looks then not having
my point is that 99% of the population can't focus on it and that its generally not sustainable unless you are a proffesional
People have to go and work a 9-5 job just to come home and relax and be with their family, study for uni or progress in anything which is related to their own financial situation which is more important then some muscles

Being fit, and 14%-16% bf is all what majority of people need for a balance of mental health, cognitive benefits, sexual life and looks
especially today when 75% of the population is overweight or obese (even in Europe)
Cope. You can workout for 45 minutes a day and follow a good diet even if you work a 9-5. Everyone is just lazy.

• +1
Reactions: animo123 and Wallenberg
This. i've been on 200kcal surplus daily since january and if anything i just look more lean now. View attachment 1062208194lbs View attachment 1062209200lbs

Edit: yall reckon i need to do a summer cut or do i just run maintenance and hopefully gain like 1-4 lbs of muscle and lean out that way.
Cut and focus on your chest more. Inner chest is bad genetically, prioritise it.

Cut and focus on your chest more. Inner chest is bad genetically, prioritise it.
And how exactly do i focus on the "inner" chest? my muscle insertions just don't go there, bad chest genes. What ive seen online is just grow your whole chest bigger is the best way. Right now i only bench 225 for few reps, so i'm not even close to being maxed out on that.

Do a good beginner strength program (starting strength, stronglifts, just look up any beginner strength program and stick to it) for about 6 months while eating as much as possible. You'll bloat a bunch but make solid gains.
No. No. No.

And how exactly do i focus on the "inner" chest? my muscle insertions just don't go there, bad chest genes. What ive seen online is just grow your whole chest bigger is the best way. Right now i only bench 225 for few reps, so i'm not even close to being maxed out on that.
After your big exercises (bench, incline bench etc) there are exercises that can work the inner chest well. Machine presses, landmine squeeze etc.

• +1
Reactions: FilthyCasual
@FilthyCasual

can you gain sufficient muscle as a noob on keto or less than 100g carbs a day but meeting or surpassing your protein needs
or are a high carbs a must for muscle growth

can you gain sufficient muscle as a noob on keto or less than 100g carbs a day but meeting or surpassing your protein needs
Yes. The most important part is the training and adequate protein.

Keto has no fat loss benefits, and considering carbohydrates are anabolic and promotes muscle growth, its a better idea to not do keto and keep carb intake high. But it can definitely be done.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and animo123
Carbs are required for maximising muscle growth. 1.25 g protein/pound B/W, 0.3-0.4g of fat and rest carbs is optimal

• +1
Yes. The most important part is the training and adequate protein.

Keto has no fat loss benefits, and considering carbohydrates are anabolic and promotes muscle growth, its a better idea to not do keto and keep carb intake high. But it can definitely be done.
yeah im ditching keto but dont want to go over 200 carbs if i can help

yeah im ditching keto but dont want to go over 200 carbs if i can help
Why? You should eat as many carbs as you can without getting fat (most important time for carbs is breakfast + pre/post workout)

• +1

Hypertrophy training i guess
I am skinnyfat too though

Yeah i love running, gives me that "runners high", i love the fact that before when i used to walk this one big hill i was super out of breath, now its just a cruise. That being said, i love looking bigger more even though its harder. I'd rather be muscular with okay cardio than super good cardio and look like this View attachment 1062204

Cope. You can workout for 45 minutes a day and follow a good diet even if you work a 9-5. Everyone is just lazy.
The workout part is not the issue, but the diet, you have to be really strict and need to eat a lot of protein [for a very long time

Take roids unironically.

Why? You should eat as many carbs as you can without getting fat (most important time for carbs is breakfast + pre/post workout)
im around 25 bmi with little to no muscle mass so i dont want to become fat as im on the end of skinny fat

im around 25 bmi with little to no muscle mass so i dont want to become fat as im on the end of skinny fat
Carbs don't make you fat JFL. Eating too many calories does. If you have 3000 calorie diet for example and weigh 180 pounds ideal macros would be:
225g protein
60-75g fat
350-400g carbs.
If you cut the carbs to 250 and increased the protein or fat (so still 3000 calories) you aren't going to gain less fat. In fact, you will gain more fat as you won't put on as much muscle therefore more weight gained will be fat.

• +1
If you're skinny fat it's because of your hormones which are the result of your lifestyle and diet. Changing lifestyle will change your hormones and thus your body composition. Greatly increase your animal protein intake, and I don't mean bacon and jerky, but fish, meat, eggs. Eat like a farm boy. Lower your carbs. Don't even think about calories, no one cared about calories 100 years ago and they were all fit. Eat when you are hungry only. Train with weights but also play sports. Make sure you are in the sun as much as possible for hormonal benefits (skin damage is cope, skin damage/cancer is the result of malnutrition affecting DNA repair, not an inevitable result of being in the sun).

• +1
Reactions: animo123 and zeke714
If you're skinny fat it's because of your hormones which are the result of your lifestyle and diet. Changing lifestyle will change your hormones and thus your body composition. Greatly increase your animal protein intake, and I don't mean bacon and jerky, but fish, meat, eggs. Eat like a farm boy. Lower your carbs. Don't even think about calories, no one cared about calories 100 years ago and they were all fit. Eat when you are hungry only. Train with weights but also play sports. Make sure you are in the sun as much as possible for hormonal benefits (skin damage is cope, skin damage/cancer is the result of malnutrition affecting DNA repair, not an inevitable result of being in the sun).
COPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carbs are good to build muscle. Skinny fat = fat with no muscle. Therefore, should gain muscle ASAP using high carbs