best moisturizer for while on accutane and tretinoin

wollet2

wollet2

Kraken
im on low dose accutane and 0.1% tret and my skin is dry af.

what is the strongest moisturizer that will help me. i am using cerave in the tub but it doesnt get absorbed that easily and makes my skin feel slippery despite it being dry. also im still dry af

@Cope if i stretch my skin in a twisting motion it has small lines like in the forearm skin of old people when you twist it. dunno if you got the idea but will those go away when my skin gets hydrated

Last edited:
Cetaphil since it cleanses as well as moisturises

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
@Cope sorry for double tag i really need help on this cuz it got me pretty high inhib

the lines/skin on my cheeks look like this obviously milder if i twist it

please tell me that this is just dry skin and it will go away

enjoy your irrepairable metabolism damage , -10 years off your lifespan, balding, eyebrow thinning, eyelash thinning, dry eyes, and dry lips for the rest of your life

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deprived, Carpediem and 2 others
enjoy your irrepairable metabolism damage , -10 years off your lifespan, balding, eyebrow thinning, eyelash thinning, dry eyes, and dry lips for the rest of your life
cope harder acnecel

• +1
Reactions: redmaxx, babineux, mfk and 4 others
i pray for the least dmg

its over

i pray for the least dmg

its over
some peoples skin just cant adapt to modern environmental factors and food, leaving you at a choice of taking life altering medication or looking like a freak for the rest of your life

• +1
Reactions: Carpediem
some peoples skin just cant adapt to modern environmental factors and food, leaving you at a choice of taking life altering medication or looking like a freak for the rest of your life
i didnt have that bad acne. just occasional small outbreaks i couldnt control them by diet but if i ate shit they would be more intense. they also left me PIE

just wanted perfect clear skin i might also laser my entire facial hair perfect girl skin is tempting

Last edited:
most/all the side effects will subside after your course is done

if ur home just let the accutane do its thing and dont moisturise your face tbh
you might want to apply a body moisturiser though you could get eczema (i did whilst i was on it qq)

to answer ur question tho idk any non aqua based one should work just get one for dry skin they are usually more oily

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy and wollet2
i didnt have that bad acne. just occasional small outbreaks i couldnt control them by diet but if i ate shit they would be more intense. they also left me PIE

just wanted perfect clear skin i might also laser my entire facial hair perfect girl skin is tempting
Don't listen to the lowiqcel above. Low dose accutane mogs hard but why are you using tret too? I personally use Paulas Choice Oil Free Moisturizer btw.

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy
did you even try over the counter shit like differin before you did this? I had moderate acne for my whole life until I used it for 6 months, now I only get pimples if I don’t wash my face for 2 days

Any moisturizer will do tbh.

Accutane saved my life. Made me ltn to htn I swear. (Not possible for everyone because my base is good).

• Woah
Cerave, the blue one with niacimid. Price is ok and seems like high quality, doesn't smell gay or anything.

most/all the side effects will subside after your course is done

if ur home just let the accutane do its thing and dont moisturise your face tbh
you might want to apply a body moisturiser though you could get eczema (i did whilst i was on it qq)

to answer ur question tho idk any non aqua based one should work just get one for dry skin they are usually more oily
why would you say to not moisturize? just to save the hustle or? yes i go out and im sickly pale tbh since i got on it

Don't listen to the lowiqcel above. Low dose accutane mogs hard but why are you using tret too? I personally use Paulas Choice Oil Free Moisturizer btw.
im using 20mg/daily thats considered a low dose right? on my 4th month now. i use tret to fade some post acne ereythema and to perfect my skin. ive used lower strength tret for the most part of the past 2 years

were you on accutane aswell? you had the usual sides dry lips, dry skin etc? did you manage to get your skin moisture under control while on accutane

Any moisturizer will do tbh.

Accutane saved my life. Made me ltn to htn I swear. (Not possible for everyone because my base is good).
did you get dry lips/ dry skin on it? did that go away?

why would you say to not moisturize? just to save the hustle or? yes i go out and im sickly pale tbh since i got on it

im using 20mg/daily thats considered a low dose right? on my 4th month now. i use tret to fade some post acne ereythema and to perfect my skin. ive used lower strength tret for the most part of the past 2 years

were you on accutane aswell? you had the usual sides dry lips, dry skin etc? did you manage to get your skin moisture under control while on accutane
Yeah, 20 mg is low dose. I have been on 10 mg per day for 2 years now and I only experienced dry lips and more sensitive skin. Dryness isn't really an issue for me when I use a good cleanser and moisturize appropriately. I wouldn't use tret tho, isotretinoin also helps with discoloration and tret plus iso might be an overkill.

• Woah
Yeah, 20 mg is low dose. I have been on 10 mg per day for 2 years now and I only experienced dry lips and more sensitive skin. Dryness isn't really an issue for me when I use a good cleanser and moisturize appropriately. I wouldn't use tret tho, isotretinoin also helps with discoloration and tret plus iso might be an overkill.
are you close on finishing your course now?

do you ocasionally get very dry cracked lips? i use lansinoh cream and while it works i have to keep re applying every few hours otherwise they will get gigafucked. i have open sores rn because i was bored to apply the past days

so accutane has the topical effects of tret? does it also increase collagen? my erythema is not just discoloriation i feel like i might need to combine an exfoliator in which tret can help

why do you personally think side effects like dry lips or skin subside after you finish your course but your skin remains acne free. i mean i know for a fact peoples skin types tend to change after accutane and they permanently produce less oil

so some things dont recover i assume?

i mean why would i expect my skin moisture to stabilise after course but not some of acne returning.

im on low dose accutane and 0.1% tret and my skin is dry af.

what is the strongest moisturizer that will help me. i am using cerave in the tub but it doesnt get absorbed that easily and makes my skin feel slippery despite it being dry. also im still dry af

@Cope if i stretch my skin in a twisting motion it has small lines like in the forearm skin of old people when you twist it. dunno if you got the idea but will those go away when my skin gets hydrated
0.1% tret ?? how long are u using tretinoin ?

• JFL
idk if this is good advice but
when i first went on it i would cover myself in oily moisturiser and i just thought that it was silly because accutane is supposed to dry out your skin (so why make it oily unnecessarily, unless you're going out)
i would moisturise your body tho/any eczema prone areas

• +1
just arrived today. i was using 0.05% for 1.5 years with no issue
dont use any kind of skin care products whilst you're on accutane..big no no

did you get dry lips/ dry skin on it? did that go away?
Really bad dry lips. Dry skin wasn’t terrible, almost never had it on my face. My arms got dry though.

I’ve been off for about a week and I’m slightly less dry but still need to apply chapstick every few hours.

My doc prescribed me tret, so the acne doesn’t come back. So still moisturizing thoroughly.

• +1
are you close on finishing your course now?

do you ocasionally get very dry cracked lips? i use lansinoh cream and while it works i have to keep re applying every few hours otherwise they will get gigafucked. i have open sores rn because i was bored to apply the past days

so accutane has the topical effects of tret? does it also increase collagen? my erythema is not just discoloriation i feel like i might need to combine an exfoliator in which tret can help
I actually don't have a "course", I did a course with 20 mg for 9 months 3 years ago and 5 months after the course the acne came back (not as bad as before, but still). So now I just take 10 mg per day without any specific time frame in mind and it works well so far. Accutane has the exact same effects as tret (the only difference is that accutane also controls oil production and tretinoin has no effects on the oil glands). Accutane also increases collagen and is an extremely strong exfoliator. Combing tret and accutane is an overkill imo and might cause redness and permanent skin barrier damage.

I don't really get cracked lips on 10 mg per day, but I remember having very dry lips when I was on my 20 mg-course. I used the eucerin acute lip balm.

Last edited:
  • Woah
massive cope

accutane gave me model tier skin that mogs your acnecel skin so hard

• +1