best piece on social dynamics I've ever read

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
Thought I would share this tonight as I've been thinking about it again lately and its a really fun high IQ read that opened my eyes a ton on social dynamics. Very long but also very enjoyable and thought provoking.
@cocainecowboy
@PrettyBoyMaxxing
You both would really enjoy this. Especially you @cocainecowboy

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock, Deleted member 2846, BigBoy and 1 other person
ill look into it

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
dnt rd i can barely maintain enough concentration to read OPs whole whole post let alone read a whole book. jfl im not einstein or tesla

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AbandonShip, Butthurt Dweller and LordNorwood
what is it about?

• +1
at this point PSL has me really convinced i should switch my major to pysch from business jfl

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock and LordNorwood
what is it about?
Basically its an analysis of social groups and the natural hierarchy that arises through human social association, how humans vie for power through socialization (some of his best analysis in here is on coded talk, and how humans cloak meaning in seemingly innocuous statements and use them to trade value with other humans "in the know") and how this is all relates to IQ and development. He then gets broader and uses this to talk about the human condition itself. From what I remember he places sociopaths at the top of the human hierarchy, then below them are what he calls "losers" (people who see the truth but can't act on it or don't want to act on it) and then below them are "clueless" (people who don't see the truth).
He does it all through the lens of the Office which makes it very enjoyable as well. But he's a great writer imo and has a way of gripping you with his thoughts.

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock, BigBoy and Deleted member 2846
  • JFL
at this point PSL has me really convinced i should switch my major to pysch from business jfl
I was a pysch major for a while tbh but its way more boring and basic than you would think

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Basically its an analysis of social groups and the natural hierarchy that arises through human social association, how humans vie for power through socialization (some of his best analysis in here is on coded talk, and how humans cloak meaning in seemingly innocuous statements and use them to trade value with other humans "in the know") and how this is all relates to IQ and development. He then gets broader and uses this to talk about the human condition itself. From what I remember he places sociopaths at the top of the human hierarchy, then below them are what he calls "losers" (people who see the truth but can't act on it or don't want to act on it) and then below them are "clueless" (people who don't see the truth).
He does it all through the lens of the Office which makes it very enjoyable as well. But he's a great writer imo and has a way of gripping you with his thoughts.
oooo sounds interesting

• +1
oooo sounds interesting
I'm sure you would really enjoy it. I only said that @cocainecowboy might enjoy it more because he posts a lot on social dynamics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IndianJock, LordNorwood and Blackout.xl
does he discuss how to go from loser or clueless to sociopath?

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and Deleted member 2846
does he discuss how to go from loser or clueless to sociopath?
I'm not sure but he tells you so much about it that the transition is obvious imo. By reading this you automatically become a Loser (given that his hierarchy holds true) because you're now "in the know". Becoming a "sociopath" is just putting the knowledge into practice.
He has more material which basically advocates in a tongue-in-cheek way for being a "sociopath" but I haven't read it yet. One ebook he has is called "Be Slightly Evil". I will probably read it soon.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and BigBoy
I'm not sure but he tells you so much about it that the transition is obvious imo. By reading this you automatically become a Loser (given that his hierarchy holds true) because you're now "in the know". Becoming a "sociopath" is just putting the knowledge into practice.
He has more material which basically advocates in a tongue-in-cheek way for being a "sociopath" but I haven't read it yet. One ebook he has is called "Be Slightly Evil". I will probably read it soon.
ive been a "loser" since i was a kid. i just dont know how to make it to the top of the food chain. imo looksmaxing is the main way. but psychological "tricks" work as well, they are a second tho.

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock and LordNorwood
ive been a "loser" since i was a kid. i just dont know how to make it to the top of the food chain. imo looksmaxing is the main way. but psychological "tricks" work as well, they are a second tho.
you need to internalize the mindset. you haven’t internalized it yet

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and LordNorwood
Imo this is more about power. Its the "status" part of SMV. I would say looks don't matter all that much for his purposes, its more about being an effective player in the power game IRL.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
how do you internalize it tho?
have an “awakening” on psychedelics. that’s how i did it. my personality changed to more open and outgoing whenever i take acid. and it permanently altered it a bit when i took it the first time.

@BigBoy or just think about it a lot. the more you think and question it, the more likely you are to incorporate it into your life. i assume you already do this though which is why i recommended psychedelics.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: BigBoy and LordNorwood