best pre workout meal

Honestly it doesn’t matter. Best time to eat is 1-2 hours before going to the gym so the food digests and gets in your system. Just eat a normal meal with good macros, protein carbs and fat.

If you’re doing arm day, you will get a good pump from eating a ton of high glycemic index carbs before working out though.

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
Honestly it doesn’t matter. Best time to eat is 1-2 hours before going to the gym so the food digests and gets in your system. Just eat a normal meal with good macros, protein carbs and fat.

If you’re doing arm day, you will get a good pump from eating a ton of high glycemic index carbs before working out though.
my diet is pretty low in carbs, since it’s mostly meat, eggs and fruit. usually sub 40g carb daily. should i just consume the fruit around workout time or switch out the fruit for some other carb source that’s better pre gym?

• +1
Reactions: ey88
Not necessary, but if you’re low carb I would recommend eating all of your carbs for the day pre and post workout
is there a preferable source of the carbs? the carbs i eat come from fruit, or is something like oats more preferable cos of when energy is release or some shit?

• +1
Reactions: ey88
is there a preferable source of the carbs? the carbs i eat come from fruit, or is something like oats more preferable cos of when energy is release or some shit?
Fruit is great, maybe some honey is good pre workout, milk is also a great source of carbs, and has lots of electrolytes which is great post workout

• +1
Reactions: Norwegian LTN and appealmaxed
anadrol & halotestin & coke

unironically will make u kill the weights in the gym but no need to ruin body just to have a better gym session

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: ey88 and wsada
my diet is pretty low in carbs, since it’s mostly meat, eggs and fruit. usually sub 40g carb daily. should i just consume the fruit around workout time or switch out the fruit for some other carb source that’s better pre gym?
Yes, plan your carb intake around workouts- eat carbs before and after to keep your glycogen stores full.
Look up a glycemic index chart. Carbs like fruit and oats are lower glycemic index due to being fibrous foods that get broken down more slowly, lessening the blood sugar spike. Something like a piece of white bread is high glycemic index, it’s processed, “pre digested.” This type of carb gets dumped into the blood more quickly. Lower glycemic index carbs will give you more sustained energy and improve your insulin sensitivity.

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed