BEST STAND-ALONE NECK EXERCISE?

TrestIsBest

TrestIsBest

Eating Finestaride and Adderall for breakfast
If I could only do one neck exercise to grow my neck circumference, which one should I do?

neck ropes

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Buci, wew.lad and 6 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lurkerslep, Deleted member 16380 and Toth's thot
Idealwifey

• Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero and TrestIsBest
Neck curls i guess

• +1
Reactions: BoneDensity, Ken and TrestIsBest
Yup came to this conclusion also. Just ordered a neck harness

No stupid. Lie on your back with your head hanging off the bench/bed with a rubber plate (with gaps so u can grip properly) on your forehead resting on a beanie hat or towel. And try not to take the weight with your arms when you curl.

• +1
Reactions: Ken
Bite a bag with weights and do reverse chin tucks movement, then do the opposite while lying in bed with the bag hanging down.

Then take a rope like the one Gandy is holding:feelswhy:, and put your head inside. Tie the rope to a fixed spot and do this movement
maxresdefault.jpg

For each side.

So 4 excersizes.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Clark69 and TrestIsBest
If I could only do one neck exercise to grow my neck circumference, which one should I do?
I do kickboxing ...so I have to train my neck so that the enemy can't lower my neck and kick me on the face ..well I put resistance bands on my neck and try to curl them 100 times also the resistance bands are like 40 kilos. .trust me in just 2 months you'll see a significant increase in neck size and strength

Holy shit you'll even be more shocked when you spar with my coach ..I tried to lower his neck with everything I could ..I'm a 72 kilo jacked dude ..his neck just wouldn't go down ..thats how strong his neck is ...you also need to focus on the muscles around the neck AKA traps cause you want some additional support plus it also adds to the looksmaxx ...

So you can either buy 200lbs of resistance bands or buy a neck harness and put weights onto the chain ..both work ...

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
I do kickboxing ...so I have to train my neck so that the enemy can't lower my neck and kick me on the face ..well I put resistance bands on my neck and try to curl them 100 times also the resistance bands are like 40 kilos. .trust me in just 2 months you'll see a significant increase in neck size and strength

Holy shit you'll even be more shocked when you spar with my coach ..I tried to lower his neck with everything I could ..I'm a 72 kilo jacked dude ..his neck just wouldn't go down ..thats how strong his neck is ...you also need to focus on the muscles around the neck AKA traps cause you want some additional support plus it also adds to the looksmaxx ...

So you can either buy 200lbs of resistance bands or buy a neck harness and put weights onto the chain ..both work ...
Thanks. My traps are already overdeveloped (roids)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19948
Neckmaxxing is OP, anyone who says otherwise is a necklet. Include them in the end of back days or in your facial stretches routine if u noobs dont gymcelmax (but only like 2-3 times a week max). Key is don't injure yourself bc neck injuries gonna get u necked.

1. Neck harness on. Stand upright. Put a dumbbell on the neck harness chain and steady it with your hands. Neck from resting position, bring to chest and back up slightly past upright. 3 sets of 8-12, start with a light weight like 5-10 first.
2. Lay on bench with head and neck out. Keep harness on bc it protects your forehead. Put a weight on your forehead and stead with hands (can also put hands on forehead and weight on hands). DO A CHIN TUCK THE WHOLE TIME. Up and down. 3 sets of 8-12.
3. Stretch your neck front, back, left, right and rotate.

Takes like 5 minutes, adds like 0.5-1 points, gl hoes will mir

P.S. for 1 or 2 you can also rotate your neck slowly or hold it isometrically in various positions if you get bored doing the same shit everyday. But just these two exercises will make ur neck thicccc.

P.P.S your trapezius muscle IS NOT your neck, that shit is a whole different set of exercises which should already be handled by a typical back day (upright row, shrug, bent over upper-back rows)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, TrestIsBest and Deleted member 19948
Neckmaxxing is OP, anyone who says otherwise is a necklet. Include them in the end of back days or in your facial stretches routine if u noobs dont gymcelmax (but only like 2-3 times a week max). Key is don't injure yourself bc neck injuries gonna get u necked.

1. Neck harness on. Stand upright. Put a dumbbell on the neck harness chain and steady it with your hands. Neck from resting position, bring to chest and back up. 3 sets of 8-12, start with a light weight like 5-10 first.
2. Lay on bench with head and neck out. Keep harness on bc it protects your forehead. Put a weight on your forehead and stead with hands (can also put hands on forehead and weight on hands). DO A CHIN TUCK THE WHOLE TIME. Up and down. 3 sets of 8-12.

I do neck everyday before the specific body part Im gonna hit depending on the day ..it warms me up

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19995
I do neck everyday before the specific body part Im gonna hit depending on the day ..it warms me up
If it works for you do it. I have a big caveman-tier skull and turning my neck from skinny to thic literally changed how everyone treats me. I workout with relatively low weight and super high reps (not typical of strength training methods that most people advocate) so I dont even count reps and do each set to near failure with 30s-1min break in between. Not possible for me to do this everyday on neck. People laugh when I tell them I deadlift and squat with 2x25-30 pound dumbbells lol but those meatheads still look smaller than me.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Deleted member 19948
If it works for you do it. I have a big caveman-tier skull and turning my neck from skinny to thic literally changed how everyone treats me. I workout with relatively low weight and super high reps (not typical of strength training methods that most people advocate) so I dont even count reps and do each set to near failure with 30s-1min break in between. Not possible for me to do this everyday on neck. People laugh when I tell them I deadlift and squat with 2x25-30 pound dumbbells lol but those meatheads still look smaller than me.
Mirin informative first posts greycel

I understand man ..plus it's also good for fighters ..in kickboxing we have something called as clinch where we pull our opponents' heads and drive them to our knees which can knock em out ..doing neck exercises can make you resist that ...especially if you do heavy + more reps

Why would you need a harness for neck curls ?
You don't need them but the exercise seems a lot less awkward when done standing up than laying

• +1
Reactions: Moldovancel
Mirin informative first posts greycel
Thx brodie, looksmax literally changed my life. I owe u boys. If you want to look into high-rep low-weight low-recovery exercise advocates I'd redirect to Ryan Humiston on Youtube. Basically it turned my PPL (push pull legs rest, repeat) workout routine into about 30 minutes a day of pure exertion and my HGH and test are through the roof. Strength training is ridiculous 2-3 minute rest periods was taking me an hour or more and I just don't have that time when I need to do my other shiiiii bruh. I might make a thread on it or something but dont wanna get chewed out by board culture lmao.

Also stretching isn't a myth. Do the stretches after the exercises. It will increase facial symmetry and potentially get you like 1/8-1/4 inch in height. Stretching overall is looked at as some nonsense, but that shit works for posture, height and symmetry and takes like 10 minutes max a day. way better than the 10 mins spent waiting for the thicccc homo to get off my 275lb bench rack bc i cant lower my ego to just bench at home

You don't need them but the exercise seems a lot less awkward when done standing up than laying
Yes you can also do them laying down chest first on a bench, but I prefer harness bc I workout at home and use a literal wide barstool as a bench next to a couch lol

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
I only use my harness for extensions. For curls, lying with plate on forehead is the best imo

• JFL
Reactions: Buci, wew.lad, Clark69 and 2 others
Thx brodie, looksmax literally changed my life. I owe u boys. If you want to look into high-rep low-weight low-recovery exercise advocates I'd redirect to Ryan Humiston on Youtube. Basically it turned my PPL (push pull legs rest, repeat) workout routine into about 30 minutes a day of pure exertion and my HGH and test are through the roof. Strength training is ridiculous 2-3 minute rest periods was taking me an hour or more and I just don't have that time when I need to do my other shiiiii bruh. I might make a thread on it or something but dont wanna get chewed out by board culture lmao.

Also stretching isn't a myth. Do the stretches after the exercises. It will increase facial symmetry and potentially get you like 1/8-1/4 inch in height. Stretching overall is looked at as some nonsense, but that shit works for posture, height and symmetry and takes like 10 minutes max a day. way better than the 10 mins spent waiting for the thicccc homo to get off my 275lb bench rack bc i cant lower my ego to just bench at home

Yes you can also do them laying down chest first on a bench, but I prefer harness bc I workout at home and use a literal wide barstool as a bench next to a couch lol
Good stretching routine of exercises to prioritize?

Has anyone found that training neck slightly lowers hyoid therefore making jaw look worse from the side?

Good stretching routine of exercises to prioritize?
Sorry I left u hangin fam.
1. Neck. They're up there, it's common sense stretches, nothing crazy.
2. Face. These exist, like the hyoid lift stretch that is on this forum, among other facial "stretches" or exercises. Several of them work, including eye muscles, hyoid lift, chewing, etc. but they're all written about on various botb or searches on google with "looksmax" added to the end.
3. Chest and Frame. Several yoga/basic ones exist, honestly just use Youtube. I will just put "novel" methods that I use that aren't super common and which are used in exercise routines anyway so you'll be able to include.
1. Chest Dumbbell Flys. This exercise is overlooked by so many people because of the fact you can't fking do it with 100 lbs without being a gorilla. This is a top tier exercise, it will widen your chest and frame slightly as it gives a massive stretch to your ribcage, clavicals, even scapula.​
2. Dumbbell Pullover. This exercise is also underrated because everyone does a machine or bent over rows for lats, however this shit stretches out your chest, scapula like crazy. Don't do it just with 1 dumbbell, you can also do it with a dumbbell in each hand and besides the normal form, do it with a super wide grip. Crazy good.​
3. Any wide grip deadlift or shrug. Looks weird, works. Also will make your deltoids grow great.​
4. Now for just a stretch. Reach up with both hands, then one hand only left and right, as high as you can. Slightly arch your lower back. Boom, watch as your reach increases over time.​
4. Spine. There's a bunch, search, again only ones I haven't seen mentioned.
1. Lay Flat with a Pillow Under Back. Do this both at the lumbar (lower back) and the thoracic (mid back) for like 5-10 minutes each. Feels amazing, gets you taller. Better than any other spine stretch, tho I do others.​
5. Legs/Pelvis. Youtube for this. So many, pick a few you like and do them regularly.

Stretch morning and night for like 10 minutes, nothing crazy. It feels good af, honestly it's a part of my day by complete choice and joy. Prioritize doing that spine stretch each time tho, youll thank me.
Has anyone found that training neck slightly lowers hyoid therefore making jaw look worse from the side?
Chin tuck when you do exercise 2. from list up there. Dont just lift up your whole neck. Also theres some hyoid lifting exercises that work decently well posted on here.

• +1
Reactions: NateJacobs, Deleted member 17448 and Clark69

1. Neck harness on. Stand upright. Put a dumbbell on the neck harness chain and steady it with your hands. Neck from resting position, bring to chest and back up slightly past upright. 3 sets of 8-12, start with a light weight like 5-10 first.

P.S. for 1 or 2 you can also rotate your neck slowly or hold it isometrically in various positions if you get bored doing the same shit everyday. But just these two exercises will make ur neck thicccc.

P.P.S your trapezius muscle IS NOT your neck, that shit is a whole different set of exercises which should already be handled by a typical back day (upright row, shrug, bent over upper-back rows)
How big is your neck in circumference? I measured mine and it’s 13.75 idk how much I can gain