Best type of midface and orbital implants?

R

RecktalFister24

Iron
Could anyone more experienced than me tell me what kind of implants would be best for full orbital, cheekbone, And paranasal? Money is not that tight but I am getting a high-cut Lefort 1 with mandible advancement and palate expansion with it so please bear that in mind. I am talking about the material and build quality and such. Feel free to PM me If you can help!

Custom PEEK

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7
Would that be for all orbital, cheekbone paranasal and jaw(potentially chin)?
Yes, its the gold standard these days
Some have recommended lyophilized cartilage (freeze dried bone from your own body) for the cheekbones and orbitals but this is typically more expensive and I am not personally convinced they are dramatically more advantageous.

avoid silicone

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7
Yes, its the gold standard these days
Some have recommended lyophilized cartilage (freeze dried bone from your own body) for the cheekbones and orbitals but this is typically more expensive and I am not personally convinced they are dramatically more advantageous.

avoid silicone
Really appreciate you helping with this and the other thread. The Dr you recommended also said "peek is great but there is also lyophilized cartilage implants that become bone over time" And he also did mention they are more expensive. How much more expensive are they?

Really appreciate you helping with this and the other thread. The Dr you recommended also said "peek is great but there is also lyophilized cartilage implants that become bone over time" And he also did mention they are more expensive. How much more expensive are they?
He didn't give me an exact figure but was probably 2-3k euro more. (8k for lyo cheek, 5k for peek)
While it has a 0% rejection rate (and there is as very slim chance of your body rejecting PEEK), it has been advised more for small areas, so definitely not the jaw, and I wonder if the fact it becomes bone over time may be a negative thing--surely this means if you don't like the result it can become more difficult to alter or remove later on if it's been resorbed.

I can see how that would be problematic. So you would recommend custom peek implants over anything else. I'll try to go with that for the next consultation.

He didn't give me an exact figure but was probably 2-3k euro more. (8k for lyo cheek, 5k for peek)
While it has a 0% rejection rate (and there is as very slim chance of your body rejecting PEEK), it has been advised more for small areas, so definitely not the jaw, and I wonder if the fact it becomes bone over time may be a negative thing--surely this means if you don't like the result it can become more difficult to alter or remove later on if it's been resorbed.
Is it not worth doing a custom PEEK implant and a lyophilized cartilage for just the infraorbital area. As with more vertical projection, the peek implant can provide anterior support.

Only potential complication is it will mess with a nerve there or something. But we don't know for sure.