Best way to fix this overbite?

D

Deleted member 10709

Master
Asked for general advice yesterday and was told that fixing the overbite could improve my philtrum situation which is probably the biggest thing holding me back. Overall I think my side profile is fairly solid, especially considering my face is kinda bloated atm (normally my cheekbones pop out a lot more)

Are braces the best way to fix this?

How long is it gonna take? Cba to wear braces for 2 years or whatever at my age.

Are there any negatives to braces?

Attachments

• 20201111_133556.jpg
    20201111_133556.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 125
  • +1
Reactions: PhuccinManlet
Nice side profile whitey

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6723, TheoryMaxxer and goat2x
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Patient A and St. Wristcel
Serious? Or is this some racial bullying that I should cry myself to sleep about?
No im actually being serious JFL. Nice nose, and there is also a visible jaw line and ramus. Fixing the overbite will help you quite a bit mate.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8080 and Deleted member 10709
No im actually being serious JFL. Nice nose, and there is also a visible jaw line and ramus. Fixing the overbite will help you quite a bit mate.
Appreciated. I've heard that getting braces can fuck up the maxilla which isn't something I wanna risk tbh. My brother got braces and his jawline is significantly worse than mine, his face travels down rather than outwards like mine does as well and I have a feeling braces did it. His front profile is good and his skin is better, he has nicer eyebrows but his side profile is much worse. Long way of asking if braces are harmful?

• +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel
Appreciated. I've heard that getting braces can fuck up the maxilla which isn't something I wanna risk tbh. My brother got braces and his jawline is significantly worse than mine, his face travels down rather than outwards like mine does as well and I have a feeling braces did it. His front profile is good and his skin is better, he has nicer eyebrows but his side profile is much worse. Long way of asking if braces are harmful?
Lmao it’s funny because I’ve been putting off getting braces because I was scared that my jaw / forward growth would also be ruined. I’m not sure, so I haven’t gotten them yet, I also have an overbite. So, from me, a long way of saying idk lol. But I am sure other users on here will answer the question soon.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709
Asked for general advice yesterday and was told that fixing the overbite could improve my philtrum situation which is probably the biggest thing holding me back. Overall I think my side profile is fairly solid, especially considering my face is kinda bloated atm (normally my cheekbones pop out a lot more)

How long is it gonna take? Cba to wear braces for 2 years or whatever at my age.

clear up skin son

Jaw surgery to fix overbite. Don’t make the mistake I made of getting extractions to fix overbite

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723, Deleted member 8080, SPFromNY914 and 1 other person
Jaw surgery to fix overbite. Don’t make the mistake I made of getting extractions to fix overbite
I'm just lucky the dentist never saw it and picked up on it tbh. Side profile wouldve been fucked.

Also, I don't think braces alone would improve your philtrum. What you need is your bottom lip to be lifted which in turn would support your upper lip reducing the length of your philtrum. This can only be achieved with jaw surgery.

• +1

imdo

jaw sugery
Lookin good already though, king

Chin implant if you don't want to go the jaw surgery route. Obviously would be overall better but implant still a good option.

Chin implant if you don't want to go the jaw surgery route. Obviously would be overall better but implant still a good option.
That won't fix the issue imo. My chin isn't recessed so I'd just have a bigger chin and still have an overbite, which would just look weird tbh. I think ill have to go the surgery route at some stage, definitely don't want braces.

chadlite now, chad with jaw surgery

• +1