Big facial aesthetic change from 15% to 12% BF

Aetheling

Aetheling

Iron
Is there a noticeable change in facial aesthetics when going from 15 to 12% BF?

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
Yes

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
The “noticeableness” on the face is probably dependent on how much bone you have underneath and were you body stores fat. Some people’s body tend to lose fat from the face last so for them it’s probably a more noticeable change.

Depends on the person but most people who have hollow cheeks are at <13% bf and would not have them at 15% bodyfat unless they sucked their cheeks in. Nearly all male models are at less than 12% bodyfat.

• +1
Reactions: Beastchodecode, BrahminBoss, Yerico7 and 1 other person
If you have cheekbones they'll pop out, if you're not recessed your jawline will appear sharper. More visible bones.

It won't be a night and day difference though as 15% is fairly lean.

The difference is bigger when going to from 15 to 10%.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, rand anon, Detective and 2 others

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and VenatorLuparius
If you have cheekbones they'll pop out, if you're not recessed your jawline will appear sharper. More visible bones.

It won't be a night and day difference though as 15% is fairly lean.

The difference is bigger when going to from 15 to 10%.
Yea see I think the diff from 15 to 10 would be very noticeable, this is what I’m weighing up though, 10% seems unattainable all year round whereas 12% is a nice sweet spot.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, rand anon and Mr.Proper
Everyone stores fat differently so it really depends

Yea see I think the diff from 15 to 10 would be very noticeable, this is what I’m weighing up though, 10% seems unattainable all year round whereas 12% is a nice sweet spot.
It is, if you're able to control your binge eating tendencies.

I'm around 12-13% and I've been able to maintain that for the past 3 months.

It was too hard and I get too much dopamine from seeing my gymmaxed body with popping veins, striations and mass for me to ever let myself go like I did before.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and rand anon
It is, if you're able to control your binge eating tendencies.

I'm around 12-13% and I've been able to maintain that for the past 3 months.

It was too hard and I get too much dopamine from seeing my gymmaxed body with popping veins, striations and mass for me to ever let myself go like I did before.
Yeah honestly I think since its all relative to the individual just continuing to cut and gauging when you feel your face looks good is the best plan. But yes I can imagine the dopamine from being a true 10% bodyfat is amazing

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and VenatorLuparius
12 is ideal. If you dont look at least decent at 12 its already over

I cant get below 20% bf cause I always binge back

I cant get below 20% bf cause I always binge back
Weak mind. Looksmaxxing should be stronger than your urge to stuff your face with junk food like an addict.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, NegativeNorwood, BrahminBoss and 3 others
for me not. i'm boneless :cry:

Depends on genetics, some people have naturally very lean faces even at 20%

Jesus Christ dude, that's too fucking lean. There is such a thing. He was too fat in the before picture. But too lean in the after. If you find the after picture attractive, you have legit body dysmorphia. He looks like a fucking autistic serial killer. Penis is a dime a dozen. If women think you are a psycho, they're going to swipe left.

That guy, whoever he is, should eat at a calorie surplus while lifting and try to find a happy medium with his face. And he probably should start smiling in the pictures he posts on dating apps.

Btw I bet you he was probably more than 20% bf in the before pic. People online tend to under-estimate their bf%. There aren't really any reliable tools for measuring body fat %. Digital scale analyzers are inaccurate. Calipers are not that great. Even DEXA scans are not necessarily accurate. But the most accurate option I'm aware of aside from doing an autopsy on a dead body.

Niko has the right idea about smile maxxing. And he's not a super low body fat % guy. His DEXA scan was like what? 16.8% body fat?

Last edited:
Depends who you are. I have a chizzled jaw at like 16% bf, but lots of ppl don't until they get around 12 ish or 10ish. Depends on ur body