Bimax and Wraparound implants in a single operation

NorwoodStyle

NorwoodStyle

Bronze
Cutting the meat inside your mouth is bad enough, I wouldn't wanna do it twice. Is it possible/safe to do the whole thing in one setting and close it down?
I know that Sailer does it but he's now too old. I've never heard of other doctors doing it.

surgeon age is cope u need to give him amphetamines before he does ur surgery.

• JFL
Reactions: randomvanish
No, spoke to a maxfac surgeon about this exact question and he said that unfortunately, it's a dangerous move to do both in a single operation since the jaws aren't very stable after being cut into pieces the way they do during a bimax. He said minimum 6 weeks in between operations to assess if the bones healed in the first place.

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro, Deleted member 4416, NorwoodStyle and 1 other person
you crazy my nigga

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: joeveniro, aspieSavage, Deleted member 4416 and 3 others
just mew bro

No, spoke to a maxfac surgeon about this exact question and he said that unfortunately, it's a dangerous move to do both in a single operation since the jaws aren't very stable after being cut into pieces the way they do during a bimax. He said minimum 6 weeks in between operations to assess if the bones healed in the first place.

Cool thx

just mew bro

It's not like I need a minor improvement. I literally don't have a jawline. Mewing takes years and it's useless for oldcels. Should've started when I was 12.

Wraparound probably not... separate custom jaw angle implants and chin implant yes it’s possible.

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro, Deleted member 4416, Gaia262 and 1 other person
@DatGuyYouLike did you ever ask Dr. R about this
No, only getting bimax ccw no implants. But lots of jaq surgeons do implants with bimax together in 1 surgery, so yes its possible if you want it

• +1
Reactions: Administrator

Tbh even if you can, it would be better to wait till you see the final result of bimax, than making jaw implant plan with 3D printed models

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
@Gaia262 can you weigh in?

Cutting the meat inside your mouth is bad enough, I wouldn't wanna do it twice. Is it possible/safe to do the whole thing in one setting and close it down?
I know that Sailer does it but he's now too old. I've never heard of other doctors doing it.
@Gaia262 can you weigh in?

I remember @RealSurgerymax making a post that it is possible for wrap arounds

But it depends on how comfortable the surgeon is doing this, I guess during surgery if there needs to be changes in jaw movement it can mess up the implant process, also it may be difficult to pre-plan the implant .

It's probably best to do it in 2 stages to be honest imo. It allows better planning once your new jaw has settled .

Jaw angle implants should be more straightforward to do at the same time.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Boldandbeautiful