Bimax for Hidden Upper Teeth When Smiling

M

maxlooks

5'7 (170cm) East Asian normiee
I have perfect bite but very bad maxilliary protusion/ overjet. I also realise my upper teeth are only visible by 2mm vertically when smiling. Doctor recommend me to do double jaw surgery with anterior segmental osteotomy to bring in the front teeth, with slight clockwise rotation and pulled downwards. His main concern is with my protrusion and not the hidden teeth while smiling. With braces alone the protrusion will improve but it will still be apparent. Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
i have the same issue.

who is your doctor? i cannot find any doctors who offer anterior segmental osteotomy?

Maxillary downgrafting will improve teeth show. Sounds like your doc is doing anterior maxillary downgrafting (a form of CW rotation). This will improve teeth show.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Gaia262
I decided not to go with it cause the doctor say the risk is not worth it. I will do genioplasty instead, cos my protrusion make my chin look small.

I decided not to go with it cause the doctor say the risk is not worth it. I will do genioplasty instead, cos my protrusion make my chin look small.
get a surgery to move your mouth back
This or death if youre ethnic

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5145
get a surgery to move your mouth back
This or death if youre ethnic
View attachment 569404
he said it won't improve my looks much, only the smile (more teeth exposure). I won't be smiling 24/7 though jfl, and women don't like smiling men. Just look at Tom Strijd instagram, he has 1 smiling photo and it looks the worst fl.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.cope
i have this too makes my face look too compact or brachyfacial can't see 3/4th of my upper teeth when smiling wide , thank god i was diagnosed sleep apnea recently need to get insurance to cover bimax

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing
i have this too makes my face look too compact or brachyfacial can't see 3/4th of my upper teeth when smiling wide
chin genioplasty will make the face look longer/ less brachyfacial

• +1
Reactions: JosephGarrot123
BEYOND OVER for duckcels
Digital Duck (Max B.) (@digital_duck) | Twitter

• JFL
Reactions: klamus
chin genioplasty will make the face look longer/ less brachyfacial
I decided to change my mind and considering to proceed with bimax. The no teeth show when I smile makes me look old and make my face look even shorter.

I have the same case as the guy above. In workplace, I find smiling is important for networking and social life. @JosephGarrot123

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Copemaxxing
you have shortface syndrome

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, JosephGarrot123, Need2Ascend and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend