Bimax vs. Lower jaw only vs. Wraparound jaw implants

B

brutal_blackpill

Mistral
My lower law is definitely recessed. My lower jaw is also vertically small and laterally small (I.e. narrow). I also have a fold/depression under my lips until my chin that reduces a bit when I jut my jaw (don’t know how to fix this completely, if anyone does let me know). My upper jaw according to a couple users here is not recessed but when I went to the surgeon, he said that my upper jaw is also slightly recessed and that it would be more aesthetic if I get a double jaw surgery (bimax) along with a genio. However, my concern is that if my maxilla was already okay, wouldn’t that give me a “chimplike” upper jaw? I’m already ethnic and I know that women can often be racist so wouldn’t that be a bad thing since a protruding upper jaw can also look “too ethnic”? (Can’t believe I’m using this term lol) Would it be better to just get lower jaw surgery (BSSO it’s called I believe?) in this case?

Should I just skip all this and get a custom wraparound jaw implant instead? Would that fix or mitigate the appearance of a recessed and vertically/horizontally small mandible (keeping in mind the fold/depression I have under my lips to my chin). I’ve been on braces already for like 10 months and only 2 months are left, but I am starting to have some doubts about the bimax.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Short Ugly and Brown
Depends on your bite
Do you have any malocclusion?
Over/underbite?

And you won't looks like a chipmunk bro because with bimax they would advance the lower jaw as well and if your smart you should opt in for cheek implants too thous blancing your face and making it look "Forward grown"

I was thinking about cheek implants but they weren’t as recessed as my orbitals. I have already had orbital rim implants done. Do you think the cheek implants would be too much?

I had a slight overbite (within normal range apparently) with some crowded teeth before braces. Right now, the braces make the bite worse so the surgeon can more easily move the jaws. Before braces, it was hard to see my lowerteeth when I smiled fully (from atleast what I can remember) but now you can see more. There are two months still left for my braces.

Last edited:
Do you have measurable occlusion? If so, some form of orthognathic surgery would be best (functionally and aesthetically.) Also with diagnosed occlusion insurance will likely cover all of/most of the cost.

edit: just saw you say that you have an overbite. In that case, you might not need double jaw surgery and could instead have just lower jaw surgery (BSSO) But you could have double jaw if you think your maxilla could use some advancement as well.

Otherwise, I would just go with wraparound implant. Much less pain, quicker recovery, and the aesthetic outcome can be whatever you want really because its a custom design.

How have the orbital rim implants been for you? I am considering those and am very interested in your experience with them.

I just got them fairly recently and there is still swelling. It was from Taban and I won’t have an accurate judgement until the swelling goes away. I can let you know later on.