Blue light ages skin

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken

Blue light damages flavin and causes minor aging of the skin, as well as disrupts the circadian rhythm of your skin if at night, so it doesn't recover as well.
I have my computer on night light mode to reduce blue light, but everything is red.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, germanlooks and 1 other person
ok never using tech again

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and Deleted member 1901
ok never using tech again
7 hours of monitor is equal to 2 hours of sun, and that is only in terms of blue light. Sun ages you even faster because of the UV light. There are also ways to reduce blue light produced by screens, I turn on night light setting to the max. Instead of not using screens, which I doubt is possible, just reduce the blue light. It's really not that bad compared to sunlight, but still something to be aware of so that you can act on it.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: mfk, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Deprived and 2 others
Water

That’s why I use a sunscreen that protects against blue light

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath, Deleted member 22354, mug and 1 other person
Water

That’s why I use a sunscreen that protects against blue light
A lot of people don't think much about blue light aging the skin. What is the active ingredient?

eh whatever

doesnt this shit also decrease T levels

doesnt this shit also decrease T levels
Not directly. It can interfere with your sleep if it's at night, causing higher cortisol and decreasing testosterone production during sleep (produced during deep sleep, which blue light could disrupt). Remember, sunlight has a lot more blue light than screens. This would mean that if blue light directly decreased test, then sunlight would have an even greater effect.

I only use mobile with blue light filter but still

Last edited:
This would mean that if blue light directly decreased test, then sunlight would have an even greater effect.
Your logic is sound and i am not literate in the argument but i highly doubt sunlight decreases test overall

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Nothing more looksmax.org than using a youtube video as your source of information

Nothing more looksmax.org than using a youtube video as your source of information
im an adhdcel i cant even watch a video thats longer than a minute

So can you fight this by turning the light setting on night mode with the more orange Display color? Or does this also age your skin?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901 and sub5inchcel
Change your tv display settings to increase warmth ,

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901