body posture > head posture for mewing

mug

mug

Kraken
I was reading how pronated and supinated feet impact in posture and its effect in mouth and crowding of teeth. The wrong body posture automaticaly take the tongue out of place. I know because when i lay down with straight spine my tongue come forward and stay where it should be.

I believe the effect of bad body posture in the time of development of the child have even stronger effects than the bad posture in adulthood. I think thats why some people have "regular/normal" chin while having crappy posture/mouth breathing while others have recessed chin. The first kind of people just got hunched after the development was finished while the other was molded by the wrong shaped spine.

The left image is the real me. I have all kinds of posture issues: forward head, round shoulder, winged scapula, thoracic kyphosis, anterior pelvic tilt and flat feet. All these names mean that mean my spine is not the way it should be. Right image is how my posture and chin could have been.

r/orthotropics - I am really convicend that body posture is even more important than tongue (long post)

Looking the image is clear that the bad posture create tension in the wrong spots of the body, including make the jaw move back. While if i had good posture the face should have grow in the right place.

Look the strong effect of the skull being pulled and twisted in this conjoined twins. Obviously they have no choice to change posture but see how they were molded because of their situation.

My situation as child was drawing for long hours like this. Shaped like hunchback of notre dame. What is worse is that I didnt practice any physical activity to counter balance my bad posture. My body had no other option than grown shaped like this.

r/orthotropics - I am really convicend that body posture is even more important than tongue (long post)

Like I said thats why I think some people have recessed chin while other look fine but doenst have proper development. In the other hand tribal people grown with all kind of physical activity, without allergies and their bodies find the almost perfect balance to support their weight. Thats why they look like this or this

• +1
Reactions: Nirvana and sub5incel125
Continuing with the forward head posture will not only make mewing more difficult, it will also pull the mandible (lower jaw) backwards. Depending on the age, mewing can reinforce the "overbite" if forward head posture is not corrrected, because although the upper jaw is being pushed forward, the lower mandible is still being pulled backwards (this happend ot me). If you have correct body posture (buttcheeks tensed, abs tensed, shoulders back, chest puffed out, slight chin tuck, etc) the upper and lower teeht should either not touch at all, or the front teech should be touching slightly (this is the case if you have a false overbite thats really a posterior open bite).

If your molars got bigger and connected in your current state, fixing the body posture (which will change the bite) would just leave your bite messed up again.

Tounge posture is just one component, body posture as a whole is what leads to improper bites. If you fix the teeth without fixing the tounge and body posture, not only will things relapse, but the improper body posture will be reinforced since your teeth are aligned in that improper state.

Learning to breathe with your abdominal mucssles, rather than your throat muscles also helps with mewing.

If you ever feel like giving up hope, just remember that the best benefits from mewing are not cosmetic. Sleep apnea could become an issue if the tounge is not in the right place, because as gravity pulls your bones downward, everything collapses and leaves less space to breathe. As you get older and your muscles get larger, the tongue also becomes larger. Eventually, trying to fit your tounge in the mouth of a recessed skull, is like fitting a size 12 foot in a toddlers shoe, there is no room. The only thing that keeps the sham going is conciously tensing your muscles while your awake, but when you sleep and your mucsles relax...

This is what causes most sleep apnea.

Even if your ugly and past the age of 25, if nothing else, mewing to mitigate sleep apnea is beneifcial.

im copying good mewing threads from reddit