Boomer advice never lasts longer than one sentence

WrathOfOlives

WrathOfOlives

Bronze
Something I noticed about boomers is that all of their advice lasts no longer than one sentence.

"Just be yourself."
"Seize the moment."
"Don't be afraid."

There's no nuance, cost benefit analysis, it's just one sentence platitudes that's obviously not well thought through. Part of me wonders if it's because they grew up in a time where you could buy a house for almost a third of the cost today when adjusting for inflation, they really could get away with being so carefree.

• +1
Reactions: Ascending2Tyrone, HarrierDuBois, thereallegend and 3 others
Motivational speech is only for retards

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, (In)CelibatePsycho2 and Clqs
Old people arent that wise like society makes them out to be they just got wrinkles and now think theyre a prophet

• +1
Reactions: Ascending2Tyrone and Clqs
Nigga wants a speech on the spot :lul::lul:

• JFL
Reactions: (In)CelibatePsycho2
Old people arent that wise like society makes them out to be they just got wrinkles and now think theyre a prophet

Exactly. The soft piano music is gaslighting people into thinking you are hearing some amazing wisdom, where if a zoomer said this he/she would be written off as braindead.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend, shikataganai and cooldude1231
True but I think it is mostly them getting approached randomly and they have to think of something quick so they say generic shit

• +1
Reactions: Clqs and cooldude1231
Something I noticed about boomers is that all of their advice lasts no longer than one sentence.

"Just be yourself."
"Seize the moment."
"Don't be afraid."

There's no nuance, cost benefit analysis, it's just one sentence platitudes that's obviously not well thought through. Part of me wonders if it's because they grew up in a time where you could buy a house for almost a third of the cost today when adjusting for inflation, they really could get away with being so carefree.

You're missing the possibility that less info puts less boundaries on the person.

And the fact that it allows the person to head  generally in the right direction so they can tailor it for their specific direction themselves.

True growth is different for everyone. There exists a point where too much limitation is in fact a negative.

And where's the joy in being told the answer? Find it

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Their advice worked in the past, but then socio-economic realities were different.

Their advice are simple, because life was simple back in the day, which is when their advice and life experience formed.

"Just find a job" won't work nowadays, because of inflation and housing prices.

"Just be yourself" isn't gonna work either.

Every single boomer advice on dating can't and won't work in modern socio-economic reality as well, and should be ignored.

Boomers had it much easier, their advice are adapted for the world they grew up in. This world is long gone.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
My advice would be "looks looks looks" or "looks money status" or "eat raw meat and have children" or "sunlight sleep diet".

Something easy to remember like that.

You're missing the possibility that less info puts less boundaries on the person.

And the fact that it allows the person to head  generally in the right direction so they can tailor it for their specific direction themselves.

True growth is different for everyone. There exists a point where too much limitation is in fact a negative.

And where's the joy in being told the answer? Find it

I disagree. When I have kids I want to give them a lot of useful and actionable advice, like how to tell if someone's lying, when it's time to be nice to people vs mean, how to be attractive - you know, real shit that's useful to know asap. Not just say some vague woo-woo stuff, let an iPad raise them and hope for the best.

• Hmm...
Reactions: greycel
I disagree. When I have kids I want to give them a lot of useful and actionable advice, like how to tell if someone's lying, when it's time to be nice to people vs mean, how to be attractive - you know, real shit that's useful to know asap. Not just say some vague woo-woo stuff, let an iPad raise them and hope for the best.
I will be doing the same.
You're misinterpreting what I said.

And also this advice is not for children. It's for young adults entering the world. For them to navigate through their interactions with other humans, and the effects of these.. that they will have to bear themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back