braces fucked up my face?

ezb

ezb

Iron
I’m 17, started braces at 15, and a couple of days ago i looked at some pics from a year ago (earlier in the braces treatment), and my facial features looked way sharper and my jaw looked a lot more square and the cheekbones were much wider than they are now. i don’t know if it’s just my imagination but the only reason i can think of for this to happen is braces

first three pics are from a year ago last two are from now

Attachments

• IMG_5544.jpeg
    IMG_5544.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5545.jpeg
    IMG_5545.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5547.jpeg
    IMG_5547.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5546.jpeg
    IMG_5546.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5548.jpeg
    IMG_5548.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 0
the width of your face can never get narrower all of a sudden, ur born w ur face shape . it's prolly camera distortion

• +1
Reactions: Infinite
the width of your face can never get narrower all of a sudden, ur born w ur face shape . it's prolly camera distortions
i feel like i look different in the mirror tho. my jaw used to be squared from the front (the frontal gonial angel was smaller and my gonians looked more flared) and my cheekbones looked wider

i feel like i look different in the mirror tho. my jaw used to be squared from the front (the frontal gonial angel was smaller and my gonians looked more flared) and my cheekbones looked wider
it's literally impossible. it's prolly just personal bias quit being insecure

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
idk if its confirmation bias but your mouth looks less wide in the last two, which can happen with braces narrowing your palate

• Hmm...
Reactions: Allornothing
but if you had terrible mangled teeth before then the braces were still probably worth it

Your jawline looks less sharp like you have higher body fat now.