Braces

grungymallard97

grungymallard97

Zephir
Would braces make my two front teeth rest on eachother in my resting bite? Or would I still have a slight overbite?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: soover4me and NZb6Air
Invisalign ascended me. Symmetry + wider palate + straight teeth ofcs.

• +1
Reactions: rolloftape, soover4me and grungymallard97
nah, braces u need to wear retainers after in most cases
After finishing Invisalign treatment, you can expect to enjoy a beautiful, straight set of pearly whites. But to maintain your new smile, you must wear your retainers as directed. Otherwise, your teeth can shift back into their original positions before orthodontic treatment.

• +1
Reactions: grungymallard97
After finishing Invisalign treatment, you can expect to enjoy a beautiful, straight set of pearly whites. But to maintain your new smile, you must wear your retainers as directed. Otherwise, your teeth can shift back into their original positions before orthodontic treatment.
it’s not my teeth being crooked that’s the issue it’s the fact that my top teeth completely cover my bottom when biting, how tf do I fix this, it makes my chin look half the size when I bite

• +1
Reactions: ey88
it’s not my teeth being crooked that’s the issue it’s the fact that my top teeth completely cover my bottom when biting, how tf do I fix this, it makes my chin look half the size when I bite
Overbite treatment for adults may involve:
  1. Traditional or clear braces to move teeth into their correct positions.
  2. Tooth extractions to give the remaining teeth more room.
  3. Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) to improve alignment.
  4. Retainers to prevent tooth movement after treatment.

• +1
Reactions: grungymallard97
Overbite treatment for adults may involve:
  1. Traditional or clear braces to move teeth into their correct positions.
  2. Tooth extractions to give the remaining teeth more room.
  3. Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) to improve alignment.
  4. Retainers to prevent tooth movement after treatment.
Pretty sure I need 1 and maybe 4 here, I just cba to wear retainers for the rest of my life at night😭 if I was to get braces, after my treatment ends would I have to still wear the retainer when my jaw is fixed ?

• +1
Pretty sure I need 1 and maybe 4 here, I just cba to wear retainers for the rest of my life at night😭 if I was to get braces, after my treatment ends would I have to still wear the retainer when my jaw is fixed ?
You can get retainers that are fixed in place and you barely notice them, I have them on my bottom teeth and just wear my plastic retainer at night

• +1
Reactions: org3cel.RR and grungymallard97
Wearing a retainer really isn’t that bad, just wear it when you are at home, your teeth aren’t gonna move from taking a day off once in a while when you’re out

• +1
Reactions: org3cel.RR
Wearing a retainer really isn’t that bad, just wear it when you are at home, your teeth aren’t gonna move from taking a day off once in a while when you’re out
yeah but for the rest of my life?? I’m super forgetful and lazy surely I’ll forget or cba when I’m like 40

• +1
I dont just take before and afters dude, no one does unless its significant. Maybe my orthodontist has some. I can show you some before and after of my toilet session.
You don’t have to take before and afters but you should have pictures from before right?

and to make your palate narrow thats what happened to me when having them for 4 years and I still have them
I was just joshing yeah but do they make it narrow with extractions and all that shite

• +1
Reactions: vosx0
I was just joshing yeah but do they make it narrow with extractions and all that shite
oh, I didn't get any extractions though while wearing braces.

the only teeth I've gotten pulled out were baby teeth that wouldn't come out on their own before braces

IMG 8579
How bad is my overbite though?