@BrahminBoss's avi was a Brazilian model who had gay sex in a very famous Italian film (David's Birthday)

A group of friends rent a magnificent house by the sea to spend the summer together. The unexpected arrival of Shary and Diego's son David sets something off in everyone, especially Matteo, an accomplished psychoanalyst who is married to Francesca. David's lonely and enigmatic uncle Leonard senses the reasons behind the dangerous tension, hidden beneath layers of silence and friendly banter. This vacation will indelibly mark everybody's life.

Director: Marco Filiberti

Writers: Deborah De Furia, Marco Filiberti

Release Date: 8 September 2009 (Venice Film Festival, Italy)

Genres: Drama

Storyline: While vacationing in an Italian summer home, happily married Matteo (Massimo Poggio) is surprised to find himself attracted to his best friend's underwear-model son, David (real-life model Thyago Alves). But the plot thickens when David appears to share Matteo's lust. Although she can't quite put a finger on the problem, Matteo's wife (Maria de Medeiros) senses something's happened to their relationship.

• JFL
Reactions: ambi
@BrahminBoss

JAN. 30TH, 2011 10:16 AM (UTC)
This movie was a sensation in Italy because it was official selection in our most important, and most famous, movie festival (Venice) and because it has a gay theme that is still taboo here in Italy (despite everything people say or try). So I had to feature it, but I'm not sure I like the message. Oh I like the movie, how couldn't you like it? The setting is good (sometime wonderful), the acting is more than good (experienced actors with years of play acting behind) and the direction is at the same time "cultured" and "eye candy". What I probably didn't like is the message that being gay is a "dirty" impulse, something the progressive psychologist Matteo has to hide until the tragedy comes. True, Matteo is not in an easy situation, if you want to put obstacles on your way, he chose all of them: he is attracted/lusts for the 18 years old son of his best friend, he is married, he has a little child that still needs his figure... Not easy. I think other than the easy message of homosexuality as something that you have to hide, the second message, and probably what the director wanted to convey, was the contraposition between mind and body. Matteo prouded himself to be the intellectual one, sometime even a bit boring among his party friends; he was the perfect husband, the one who married the gentle woman who probably is not at his male intellectual level, but he is "training". And then Matteo is the first to fall in lust: his visceral attraction towards David is destructive and all physical, there is nothing of intellectual in that; sincerely David is not so clever or challenging on a mind level, even if his mother tells us he is a good student, but to me he came as a bit "simple". Beautiful, almost shockingly beautiful, but nothing more. By the way his best scene in the movie is the assolo masturbation, and this is not a joke: that scene is extremely erotic, probably one of the best scene of the movie, and David making love to himself in front of a mirror is the epitome of narcissism. So in the end, I recommend you to see the movie, but be aware, it's highly dramatic.

@HeightPilledum you knew about it?

• JFL
Reactions: HeightPilledum
@try2beme

so?

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane
Storyline: While vacationing in an Italian summer home, happily married Matteo (Massimo Poggio) is surprised to find himself attracted to his best friend's underwear-model son
:feelsokman:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back