Building up masseter muscles using Gum

Wool

Wool

massive side framecel
Hello

I just wanted to ask what is the best gum for building up the muscles in your jaw to give more width, I heard mastic gum, normal gum, and others. Im also considering jawzer (or whatever its called the ball thing), seen good transformation on youtube.

i recommend starting off with falim gum and increasing the amount of pieces slowly until after some time you’ve used 5 for a while, and then progress to mastic gym in order to avoid aggravating the jaw discs. Also whatever you do don’t get jawzersize. It uses the incisors which shouldn’t be used for chewing and will create muscle imbalance leading to long term damage.

i recommend starting off with falim gum and increasing the amount of pieces slowly until after some time you’ve used 5 for a while, and then progress to mastic gym in order to avoid aggravating the jaw discs. Also whatever you do don’t get jawzersize. It uses the incisors which shouldn’t be used for chewing and will create muscle imbalance leading to long term damage.
Thanks for the advice, I've never heard about falim gum, so will look into it. I've got unbalanced jaw muscles due to the fact that I grind my teeth more on one side than the other.

Can chewing 10 pieces of regular gum on each side (so 20 pieces all together) work too?

Can chewing 10 pieces of regular gum on each side (so 20 pieces all together) work too?
sounds like that would be expensive.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sugarless-...UTF8&qid=1546534447&sr=8-2&keywords=falim+gum
Does this gum look correct to you, when I am searching mastic gum comes up as a result

• +1
Reactions: mojopin
No. I used to do this and the pieces not only are full of sugar, they degrade quickly and have much higher plasticity, forcing you to use the cheek muscles more and get hamster cheeks. Switch to falim gum asap. It's also cheaper in the long run and you can reuse it
sounds like that would be expensive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sugarless-...UTF8&qid=1546534447&sr=8-2&keywords=falim+gum
Does this gum look correct to you, when I am searching mastic gum comes up as a result
That's the one I ordered

No. I used to do this and the pieces not only are full of sugar, they degrade quickly and have much higher plasticity, forcing you to use the cheek muscles more and get hamster cheeks. Switch to falim gum asap. It's also cheaper in the long run and you can reuse it

That's the one I ordered
lmao thanks for the warning, my god hamster cheeks --> rope lmfaoo
What should the routine be? Chew one piece on each side for 30 minutes every other day for a month and then progress to 2 pieces on each side for 30 minutes until I've reached 5 pieces on each side for 30 minutes?

Last edited:
lmao thanks for the warning, my god hamster cheeks --> rope lmfaoo

What should the routine be? Chew one piece on each side for 30 minutes every other day for a month and then progress to 2 pieces on each side for 30 minutes until I've reached 5 pieces on each side for 30 minutes?
Exactly, 30 minutes for both sides, except i find i work the muscles better if I chew at 10 minute intervals. Also start off with a couple if you can handle it (if it strains your jaw decrease the amount) and think of it as progressive overload. Bit by bit you want to increase the force everytime but if it becomes too much then back off a bit. You’ll progress quickly onto multiple pieces too

• +1
Reactions: StudyHacks
Exactly, 30 minutes for both sides, except i find i work the muscles better if I chew at 10 minute intervals. Also start off with a couple if you can handle it (if it strains your jaw decrease the amount) and think of it as progressive overload. Bit by bit you want to increase the force everytime but if it becomes too much then back off a bit. You’ll progress quickly onto multiple pieces too
have you noticed significant improvement?

have you noticed significant improvement?
It's like night and day, but I stopped for the time being because I didn't realise I was clenching my teeth in my sleep causing me a lot of issues. Also eat hard meats and steaks which really engage the masseter properly and tighten the skin under the neck.

That's the one I ordered
Is it tougher to chew compared to regular gum?

Is it tougher to chew compared to regular gum?
Yeah it has a toughness to it that's for sure, and it doesn't get much softer when chewing unlike regular gum. Mastic is on another level though

It's like night and day, but I stopped for the time being because I didn't realise I was clenching my teeth in my sleep causing me a lot of issues. Also eat hard meats and steaks which really engage the masseter properly and tighten the skin under the neck.
dang ill have to start eating tough food to add more tension to the muscle. I am excited to try this out now. How long have you been doing it for?

Yeah it has a toughness to it that's for sure, and it doesn't get much softer when chewing unlike regular gum. Mastic is on another level though
Is mastic like frankincense resin? I used to chew that stuff and it's tough.

dang ill have to start eating tough food to add more tension to the muscle. I am excited to try this out now. How long have you been doing it for?
About 8 months with falim and mastic gum
Is mastic like frankincense resin? I used to chew that stuff and it's tough.
I haven’t tried frankincense resin but it’s pure tree sap so I’d imagine it’s somewhat similar