Burpee only workout results?

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
I pretty much only did stationary cardio to lose over 180lb over the course of many years. I used to be 410lb, but recently, my stationary bike fell apart, I mean it did it's time, I think my family got it back in 2008, and I used it pretty consistently for the last few years. I still have a bit of a journey to go, and I estimated if I consistently used the bike, by the end of 2021 I would finally reach what I consider would be an ideal weight.

The thing is though, the back part of it finally fell apart, so I need to do an alternative. I was thinking about Burpees. I was recommended it from an old buddy of mine, who said he lost a fuck ton of weight just doing burpees pretty much, and I was looking up some stuff on YouTube and such about it, about people who just do Burpees as their solo workout to get gains/lose weight/etc, and I ended up trying it myself today.

I was only able to do 25 Burpees in a row, I was hoping I could do 100 in a day, but I guess i'm not ready for that yet, maybe I can reach that level by the end of the month. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? They don't seem as bad or hard as people seem to make them out to be at least.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11292 and Selinity
They are very good for losing weight but don't expect any muscle gain

• +1
Reactions: Selinity, MiroslavBulldosex and BrendioEEE
They are very good for losing weight but don't expect any muscle gain
That's all that really matters to me anyways. Do you know if they'd help with loose skin?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11292
That's all that really matters to me anyways. Do you know if they'd help with loose skin?
Depends on how bad it is. Some loose skin can retract after losing weight but if there is a lot of skin then surgery may be the only solution.

• +1
Reactions: Selinity and BrendioEEE
you should have lost weight slowly plus heavy weightlifting, no way you can get rid of all that excess skin now without surgery

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Selinity, Baldingman1998 and BrendioEEE
you should have lost weight slowly plus heavy weightlifting, no way you can get rid of all that excess skin now without surgery
I think i'll know for sure just how bad or permanent the damage to my body is by the end of the year. I'm not very hopeful as it is right now, but I guess i'll only 100% for sure say it's over then.

There's no way i'm gonna spend as much money as they want me to spend to get my body fixed though man. I hope it all works out.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11292, Selinity and Warlow
go for a walk instead for aprox 1hr; you will lose more calories this way

diet mogs any kind of exercise anyways

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
I pretty much only did stationary cardio to lose over 180lb over the course of many years. I used to be 410lb, but recently, my stationary bike fell apart, I mean it did it's time, I think my family got it back in 2008, and I used it pretty consistently for the last few years. I still have a bit of a journey to go, and I estimated if I consistently used the bike, by the end of 2021 I would finally reach what I consider would be an ideal weight.

The thing is though, the back part of it finally fell apart, so I need to do an alternative. I was thinking about Burpees. I was recommended it from an old buddy of mine, who said he lost a fuck ton of weight just doing burpees pretty much, and I was looking up some stuff on YouTube and such about it, about people who just do Burpees as their solo workout to get gains/lose weight/etc, and I ended up trying it myself today.

I was only able to do 25 Burpees in a row, I was hoping I could do 100 in a day, but I guess i'm not ready for that yet, maybe I can reach that level by the end of the month. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? They don't seem as bad or hard as people seem to make them out to be at least.
buy a shitty bike off craigslist or something for like 100$ and ride it around where you live
cheap and its way more entertaining to bike around the outside world than to sit on a stationary bike like a fucking autistic caged rat lmao

that or you can just do occasional bodyweight exercised and eat a healthy diet
you dont need to exercise that much my guy, cardio is cope and has massive diminishing return especially if your diet is shit

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and AlwaysHaveQuestions
if you are still fat burpees could be too heavy on your joints

if you are still fat burpees could be too heavy on your joints
Nah, i'm not anymore, but yeah, back when I was awhile ago, if I did anything other than stationary cardio, I would have gotten permanently damaged for sure.

• +1
I actually hate when fat people don't start with lifting weights. At 400lbs.you could've been so strong

I actually hate when fat people don't start with lifting weights. At 400lbs.you could've been so strong
Well the thing is aswell, I think the weight probably did make my back and knees weaker in general even at a young age. I'm glad I did cardio as much as I did, I don't really think being extremely muscular would have fit my aesthetic. Like I used to be so fat that I would get exhausted moving around on my bed, now I can do 25 burpees in a row, there was even an old routine eventually where I was doing 100 pushups, situps, and squats.

I can bike for 20 miles and i'm fine. Like i'd imagine my heart probably was pretty weak back then aswell, if I jumped into weightlifting, i'd imagine that might have been damaging to my heart aswell to not have any stamina built up whatsoever outside of what I could gain from weightlifting.

I think there's a reason why we don't see very many old fat people or old body builders, and I think it's because excess weight, whether it be fat, or muscle, can damage your body, meanwhile strengthening your cardiovascular system, strengthens your heart, allows you to pump more blood, helps out your breathing, etc. I'm sure I increased my lifespan extensively by doing cardio above the average, when I might be dead a heart attack now if I didn't.

• +1
Well the thing is aswell, I think the weight probably did make my back and knees weaker in general even at a young age. I'm glad I did cardio as much as I did, I don't really think being extremely muscular would have fit my aesthetic. Like I used to be so fat that I would get exhausted moving around on my bed, now I can do 25 burpees in a row, there was even an old routine eventually where I was doing 100 pushups, situps, and squats.

I can bike for 20 miles and i'm fine. Like i'd imagine my heart probably was pretty weak back then aswell, if I jumped into weightlifting, i'd imagine that might have been damaging to my heart aswell to not have any stamina built up whatsoever outside of what I could gain from weightlifting.

I think there's a reason why we don't see very many old fat people or old body builders, and I think it's because excess weight, whether it be fat, or muscle, can damage your body, meanwhile strengthening your cardiovascular system, strengthens your heart, allows you to pump more blood, helps out your breathing, etc. I'm sure I increased my lifespan extensively by doing cardio above the average, when I might be dead a heart attack now if I didn't.
Yeah it's great that you did get in shape but tbh I'd rather bench press 600 than live till 70.

Yeah burpees work. Even better with a weighted vest bc it provides resistance.

just don’t go anorexia and starve yourself. If you do that then you will lose fat but also muscle and be left with a shit ton of loose skin.

It’s gonna be a slow process brocel.

Yeah burpees work. Even better with a weighted vest bc it provides resistance.

just don’t go anorexia and starve yourself. If you do that then you will lose fat but also muscle and be left with a shit ton of loose skin.

It’s gonna be a slow process brocel.
Yeah I'll try and eat normally but not bloatmax, I'll try and get my stamina and body up to the point I can do 100 burpees a day and then do that till the end of the year. Hopefully it will be a faster process than the stationary bike plan, maybe I'll even surpass my goals, perhaps it breaking was a sign that I need to do a different workout to rise up.

• +1
Yeah I'll try and eat normally but not bloatmax, I'll try and get my stamina and body up to the point I can do 100 burpees a day and then do that till the end of the year. Hopefully it will be a faster process than the stationary bike plan, maybe I'll even surpass my goals, perhaps it breaking was a sign that I need to do a different workout to rise up.
I know it’s a meme but drink lots of water and lay off the sugar. Water is a fat killer.

You can lose loose skin with dry/water fasting. Body gets rid of useless tissue in fasting state. Also you could just fast for 30-days and get rid of the extra fat and skin at the same time.

Last edited:
You can lose loose skin with dry/water fasting. Body gets rid of useless tissue in fasting state. Also you could just fast for 30-days and get rid of the extra fat and skin at the same time.
I was going to do a month long fast in Febuary, but I realized, pretty much no matter what, fast or not I was going to reach my goals by the end of this year, as long as I put it effort in any way as usual. So the way I figure it, if I have any problems body wise, by the end of 2021, like for example if my loose skin does look like absolute dog shit, then I will do a month long fast Early 2022, like in January or Febuary.

After that, if the fast doesn't work, then I really will have to rely on surgery, because I will have tried literally everything by that point, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

• +1
The fast will prolly do it

Bit of a bump, but burpees I think even in just time I have been doing them for a little over a week I believe have been really improving my stamina. I started out with 25 burpees a day, the first 3 days I would say were the hardest, 25 burpees were fucking rough especially on day 2 and 3, but I pushed through, don't know when it happened but eventually started doing 30 burpees, then 35, and today I managed to reach 40 burpees. I'm taking 0 break days aswell, but the results for my stamina alone have been great, I wonder if I can reach 50 a day, or maybe even higher by the end of the month, and this is my new workout routine i'm gonna be sticking to till the end of the year too, just slowly pushing the number of burpees I do, I saw some challenges where people were doing 100+ burpees a day, I doubt i'll get to that anytime that soon, but we'll see.

Even saw some Asian dude trying to do 500 a day, and I think he managed to do that for about half a month. Fucking wild, I can definitely see how this can help with weight loss, and just be a better alternative to cardio and shit.

Wait you were 410lbs at 5'5? The heaviest I have been is 260lbs at 6'2 and I looked giga fat. Congrats on the weight loss.

Anyways, I recommend picking up some sport that is enjoyable, martial arts are good because you can start as an adult.

Wait you were 410lbs at 5'5? The heaviest I have been is 260lbs at 6'2 and I looked giga fat. Congrats on the weight loss.

Anyways, I recommend picking up some sport that is enjoyable, martial arts are good because you can start as an adult.
Yeah I was so fat that I would get tired from moving around on my bed, and felt pressure all over my body. Was pretty fucked up.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310